[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want to go and travel the world , but I'm 28 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: dreamtrl.png (2MB, 1396x950px) Image search: [Google]
dreamtrl.png
2MB, 1396x950px
I really want to go and travel the world , but I'm 28 years old and I will feel like it would be suicide career wise. Like what type of work would I get after I come back.
Plus it's hard to come up with enough money to travel the world. Most people agree it would cost about 20k for a 1 year travel and I only have 8k (use to be more but had some emergencies recent months) and it's super hard to save money when I pay so much for rent and other needs. I've been literally starving myself to save money. I just don't know. Can someone shed some guidance and good knowledge for me.
>>
1. Do you actually have a career? It sounds like you have a job. You can quit jobs.

2. Plan your route carefully and take advantage of free services like couch surfing, etc.
Find some efficient portable base nutrition to always have on you. You have more time than money, so use your time.
>>
>>1204251
>1. Do you actually have a career? It sounds like you have a job. You can quit jobs.

It's a decent stable paying job that has federal benefits. I meant career suicide in that if I travel for a year, I'm not going to be able to get the decent career job I have now again.
>>
>>1204248
So far as the money thing goes you can always work for periods of the travel and use the base country as a way to explore the surrounding areas. Travelling for a year straight is a bit shit anyway, you'd be surprised how samey it gets after the third or fourth month. Having that element of stability can be great and actually lets you experience a country properly too and build links there.

Only you can tell yourself whether you can get a job when you get back. I teach Maths which is in pretty high demand so it wasn't an issue for me but you know your situation best.
>>
>>1204256
I'm not an educated man though. Is it easy getting more common jobs in other countries like dish washer or janitor. I wouldn't mind staying extendedly in some european countries working a min wage job.
>>
>>1204259
Europe would be hard since work visas are a pain, I know of some things you could do in the UK on a youth mobility visa which would pay food and board and a stipend of around $60 a week but that only lasts until you're 30 which is obviously coming up soon.

Getting jobs in the far east teaching English however is pretty easy, whatever your education level. Korea has decent paying jobs all over the place if you want a first world country, the rest of southeast asia if you dont, they can be dodgy if you get unlucky but a great way to save if you don't
>>
>>1204248
Could you get a licence for making a doctorate? it would be 4 years. If you doc is in Europe, you could know the continent both in holidays and weekends.
>>
>>1204281
> licence for making a doctorate
there is no such thing. But in general it is not advisable to start a PhD unless you are actually considering being a researcher/ academic.

To answer OP: ask yourself - if you start looking tomorrow, will you be able to find a job that is better than what you have now? If yes, you can take a year break and find that job when you come back. Employers now consider these "sabbatical years" rather a cool thing to have done, a sign of confidence and maturity - not a carreer killer at all.

If not, that is, if your current job is the best you can get now, then work on your carreer until the answer to the above becomes positive.
>>
>>1204260
Not OP, but I thought you needed either TEFL or a degree if you wanted to teach English?
>>
>>1204916

From my understanding, a standard prerequisite to start down the TEFL path is to have some form of Bachelor's degree from an accredited school. Although from what I've read it's implied there is some leeway in academic qualification, but it would be highly unorthodox to get hired by a foreign firm win nothing on your resume.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.