[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/trv/, I'm allergic to mosquitos, though not severely, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 91U2nWSMNoL._SL1500_.jpg (184KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
91U2nWSMNoL._SL1500_.jpg
184KB, 1500x1125px
/trv/, I'm allergic to mosquitos, though not severely, and I travel a lot in the third world.

Can you recommend a mosquito net? Most of them seem to be made of polyester, and I'm concerned they'll trap too much heat and moisture at night.

And while we're at it, what anti-mosquito measures do you take?
I usually just wear long pants, long sleeves, and desert boots. I tried sandals, but they went right for my ankles, and socks with sandals would be a sacrilege.
>>
>>1203715
>made of polyester, and I'm concerned they'll trap too much heat and moisture at night.

Are you really this dumb? I live in the subtropics and all I wear is fucking polyester shirts.. because they are more comfortable than cotton that just absorbs your sweat and pools up.

If you are that allergic.. good luck.. there is Dungei Fever going around the mosquito... which is deadly.
>>
>>1204331
"Polyester fabric, on the other hand, tends to be either moisture trapping, or moisture wicking, neither of which are ideal for cooling in warm weather. A moisture trapping fabric will hold your sweat against your skin, but will not let the evaporating moisture escape easily. The result is a warm clammy garment that holds in your body heat."
>>
>>1203715
>Insecticide-soaks for your clothes. Do this pre-travel, it lasts 4-5 washes, so depending on how long you are in Mosquitoville, how many clothes you take and how often you launder, it may or may not last out a trip. Available at outdoor stores or travel medicine establishments
>An insecticide-laced mosquito net. Available already treated or treat it yourself
>What the net is made of is not relevant, it is mostly made up of holes. Air molecules, including water evaporate, are smaller than mosquitoes and pass through a net easily.
>Some DEET.
>A friend swears by those sonic repellents, but I have never tried them.
>>
File: off-repellent.jpg (33KB, 375x343px) Image search: [Google]
off-repellent.jpg
33KB, 375x343px
>>1204346
>More DEET, forgot to add...
>>
>>1204331
There's a strange correlation between blurting out rude questions and wearing polyester, never could figure that one out. I'd rather not wear that uniform.

As for the allergy, I don't swell up all over, but I feel the bite aching for a week afterwards.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.