[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>says she likes to travel >never left the country and only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3745.jpg (35KB, 324x278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3745.jpg
35KB, 324x278px
>says she likes to travel
>never left the country and only been to a few other states
>mfw

Why, /trv/? I'm not even that well traveled compared to the rest of this board but damn
>>
>>1203699
Maybe she just really likes to break the rules when she's playing basketball.
>>
She's basically a "casual" traveler.

It happens everywhere all over the world.

Lots of Japanese people never leave Japan, but still make a trip to Kyoto or Okinawa.

Many Chinese people go to Hong Kong and/or Macau, and call that a trip.

The ultimate vacation spot for many Koreans is Jejudo.

I would even go as far as to say that your friend is more well-traveled than a good number of tourists. Assuming she's American, at least she has a large chunk of land to explore.
>>
File: youcrazy.png (223KB, 359x355px) Image search: [Google]
youcrazy.png
223KB, 359x355px
>live in small town in US
>friend gets out of Army
>returns to hometown after 4 years
>tells me and all other friends about his army experiences
>starts talking to new girl
>tells her about experiences
>"I'm glad I got out and was able to see something other than hometown for awhile"
>girl says she's glad she got out too
>"I went to X college, I'm glad I got out"
>X college is 10 minutes away from small town
>she seriously believes what she said
>mfw he told me that
>>
File: mywhat.png (773KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
mywhat.png
773KB, 750x1334px
>Meet chick at concert
>Take her out for dinner date
>Ask the traveling question
>"Oh I love traveling! I've been told i'm a model traveler!"
>Ask her where she's been to.
>Red flags start popping up everywhere, She loves going to Amsterdam, Cuba, Dominica
>This is looking to be a RealTravelerâ„¢
>Fast forward a year
>Going on vacation to Croatia
>Explain EVERYTHING to her, Itineraries, Etc.
>Fly out, Jump off the plane at Zagreb.
>Rent a hotel for the night.
>Everything going fine
>She asks me in the morning where our resort is
>Mfw
Are resort travellers even travellers at all? They just sit on their asses at a fuckin hotel and beach for two weeks and don't do shit! It's angering!
>>
>friend wants to go on a trip with me this spring break
>say i'm going to prague (a totally mainstream tourist destination)
>"where the fuck is that? dude we need to go to ibiza!"
>doesn't even own a passport
>>
>>1203699
No part of the concept "liking to travel" requires crossing oceans, or borders. If you love travel ideally you want to do some of that,but if you have only traveled within your country and discovered you like the experience, good for you, you're on your way.

NCian here, done a bit f travel out in the world and have loved it, but some of my favorite trips have been in the US, to Yellowstone in the winter, to Chicago and DC, to the Pacific NW Coast.
>>
When people ask me where I've been I always respond with the standard 21 countries, all 50 states thing, then they proceed to ask me all about the states I've visited. It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>1203699

In case you haven't come to accept some aspects of women anon,

> they don't like to accept reality, they prefer to live in fantasy and will seek out men that can confirm these beliefs
>>
When dating my ex, I asked her if she liked to travel as that has always been a passion of mine.

She told me she loved to travel, but had only been to Dallas. Lived in Houston. For those unfamiliar that is a four hour car trip or a one hour flight.

Well, turned out she hated travel and was the worst traveler I have ever known. Completely inflexible and always unhappy. The stories I could tell.
>>
>>1203699
>Never left europe and only been to a few other nearby countries
>mfw
America is big and surrounded by two oceans, you can travel well without leaving our borders
>>
>>1203852
tell 'em
>>
>>1203852
TELL'EM
>>
>>1203852
My last girlfriend hated flying or any long haul transport. In 4 years I couldn't convince her to go any further than Dublin, we lived in London.

Since breaking up In the last year I've taken 23 flights just to do something.
>>
>>1203840
>standard 21 countries
There's a standard for traveling?

I would genuinely like to know what these countries are.
>>
Dated this guy, he refused to fly economy cause the space was too small, refused to fly higher classes cause they were too expensive (lame excuse, we both were able to afford it).
And then came excuses for taking trains or boats, too.
Kind of a shame, cause the relationship was great otherwise, but we drifted apart, as I love to travel.
>>
Okay, I will tell one....sorry if it gets kind of long.

We take the kids to Disney in Florida. Planned for a year. My parents and nephew are along as well. Staying a week on the property. (I know this is touristy as shit, but you do things for your kids).

End of the first day we end up in one of the restaurants. Waitress comes to take the drink order.

My ex orders a Coke.

Waitress says, I am sorry, we only have Pepsi Products. It's a contract.

My ex...NO COKE?????

Waitress, No, I am sorry, besides (list all Pepsi products) we also have milk, juice, tea, lemonaid, water, yada yada. Can I please get you something else?

My ex...You mean to tell me there is no Coke, (making a loud embarrassing scene now) Do you know they took Coke to the moon? Do you realize you can get a Coke in Russia? You are telling me this is a America and I can't get a Coke?

Everyone in the place looking at us. Waitress, yes that is right, I am sorry ma'am.

Ex...we are leaving. We can't stay here!!!!

And we did. Well at least Disney property. I had to pony up for room at Holiday Inn on International Blvd, (even though I had paid rooms in Disney). At least the girls got to have their vacation.

And that is just one story people, of many.
>>
>>1203935
Why in the hell would you get involved with someone who had a personality like that? Why in the triple hell would you have kids with them? Acceptable answers do not include "Well, she had big tits..."
>>
>>1203966
That is a long and personal story, that I will not share here.

I will say this, when you are young you sometimes make bad decisions. People can often hide their true nature. She wasn't like that at home, only when she got out of her environment...not that she was a prize anytime, but it wasn't all bad.
>>
>>1203699
Women all put that shit on their profiles. They don't actually travel, they just like being irresponsible and having someone pay for them.
>>
File: 1385841972576.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
1385841972576.png
3KB, 184x172px
>>1203935
This sounds soul destroying, anon, and a good reason to remind all the other anons out there to "WRAP IT B4 U TAP IT!"
>>
>>1203935
>>1203971
Actually, I'm just reading through your story again, and can I ask if she was "on the spectrum"?
>>
>>1203732
>Are resort travellers even travellers at all? They just sit on their asses at a fuckin hotel and beach for two weeks and don't do shit! It's angering!
Why does that anger you?
I bet you had a really cheap horrible hotel, and that's the point of your story, that you're a cheap person while traveling.
>>
>>1203786
>No part of the concept "liking to travel" requires crossing oceans, or borders.
All of this. OP sounds like a judgmental jerk.

>>1203935
>Waitress says, I am sorry, we only have Pepsi Products. It's a contract.
What I don't get is someone who has NEVER dined out in a restaurant not understanding that it's always Coke vs Pepsi contracts, and that's how the restaurant world works. Why didn't you rent a car, go to 7-11 buy a few 2liters and 12packs and enjoy Coke during your stay with ice in your room, your own drink container, in some way that didn't include scenes in restaurants. Why switch hotels? Asinine that you don't _get_ that when you date someone and they treat waitstaff bad that it's the biggest red flag in the world about their mental health and level of respect for others. Get out early.
>>
>>1203970
>being irresponsible and having someone pay for them.
To be fair, I'm sure most men would like that too
>>
Alright it's me again from the story. Let me address some of the posts.

First off, I don't know if she was on her cycle, her body chemistry was always messed up, but in any case, I don't think that was to blame.

People sometimes change over time. Between people not showing their true selves and them changing, it can be really hard to know when you are dating how someone will be 10 years down the road.

Do you think all the women who get beat by their husbands were getting beat up when they were dating? Of course not.

When young we tend to go after people that we think are hot, have great sex with, and sometimes a bit of crazy and be exciting, ..... we are often willing to overlook some personality flaws.

Yes we could have went to the store and gotten Coke, but you couldn't take it in the restaurants, and at that point she was pissed at Disney. She would say, why can't I have a Coke, is that so hard, am I asking for so much. I only want a fucking Coke. You act like I am demanding something unreasonable. This is not me, Coke is way more popular than Pepsi, fuck that stupid mouse! Let's just go to Universal. This is not my fault and I am not crazy. No I don't want to drink out of a 2 liter bottle in the room, I didn't come on vacation all the way to Florida to eat and drink in the room. Oh, and I wasn't yelling at the girl, I was yelling at Disney, she just represented Disney, that is her job, she shouldn't take it personally.
>>
>>1204001
>People sometimes change over time. Between people not showing their true selves and them changing, it can be really hard to know when you are dating how someone will be 10 years down the road.
>When young we tend to go after people that we think are hot, have great sex with, and sometimes a bit of crazy and be exciting, ..... we are often willing to overlook some personality flaws.
I absolutely agree, divorced here. Also had a bad experience travelling and visiting Disney with my ex. Ex only wanted to view the world through Instagram photos and movies, now I can experience them in person. It's nice.
>>
>>1203975
No actually, The hotel averaged about 90 dollars CAD a night I think. There's nothing wrong with going cheap on traveling. You get to actually experience what it's like to live in poverty in some countries, It's pretty cool.
>>
>>1203935
>My ex...You mean to tell me there is no Coke, (making a loud embarrassing scene now) Do you know they took Coke to the moon? Do you realize you can get a Coke in Russia? You are telling me this is a America and I can't get a Coke?
I'm an American and this is fucking amazing
>>
>>1203929
>he refused to fly economy cause the space was too small
>refused to fly higher classes cause they were too expensive
So, what class DID he fly?
>>
>>1203935
I guess that means each Disney resort has different contracts.

I went to the Disneyland in Hong Kong and they had Coke products.
>>
>>1204116
>So, what class DID he fly?
I think that was the poster's whole point. He didn't fly anywhere. He gave excuses in the moment and in the end, the travel plans couldn't go forward with that significant other afterall, despite some statement about liking travel, it just couldn't happen because of negativity during the plansmaking.

To that poster, I'd have to say someone who can't spend money on travel and it not be for upfront financial reasons of pure responsibility, then you escaped a real bullet there. He had some big issues.

My ex claimed to like travel, but he wouldn't be the person who would arrange or initiate it. I did it all. Then, he couldn't get his ass up in the mornings in the hotel room, kind of like "hey we have the hotel til 11am so let's laze around" which is okay sometimes, but not for all kinds of trips where the heat of the day is an issue, for instance. His reasoning was deserved relaxation and/or sexy times, but it was really just some kind of anxiety with new things and new experiences. He hid that well. At least he wasn't cheap about travel, or anything else for that matter, but he could fight you on something, like going to attend a friend's party...and you couldn't put your finger on exactly what the problem was until you talked afterwards about the anxiety and having a good time once the trial of it all ended, it lifted his week's conversations to hash over the adventures. He was proud INTP and prolly on the spectrum, but like I said he hid it well.

To the Coke freak, I dunno what to say, except yea, maybe spectrum too, just being out of control and irritated about it all. Disney vacation resorts aren't super restful, kind of sensory overload. I prefer to stay off property.
>>
>>1203702
underrated lol
>>
>>1203875
because living in nebraska and "travelling" to the dakotas and kansas is absolutely equivalent to living in germany and visiting italy and denmark
>>
>>1203702
OK good one
>>
>>1203699
Maybe she travel all Russia
>>
>>1203699
Literally every females tinder account mentions "travel" and "adventure", but I imagine taking them anywhere would be like the other anon's stories. >>1203732 >>1203852 >>1203935
>>
File: 1483134472819.jpg (50KB, 338x393px) Image search: [Google]
1483134472819.jpg
50KB, 338x393px
>>1203699
>Loves to travel
>Says everywhere they've been
>Ask how they enjoyed X
>"Oh I never actually left the airport, but I really liked it there!"
>>
>>1204409
Man, I have the opposite of that problem.

>go somewhere
>friends/family/coworkers ask me where I've been
>list every single country/city I've been in, including the brief stops, making it very clear that I was in those places for a very short time
>"How'd you like it there?"
>really nigga?
>>
>>1204412
I have kind of a similar problem to you. I travel for like a bunch of my job, sometimes 75% of a month.

>Wow anon did you enjoy X?
>"Well I was working a lot so..."
>Haha right "working" I bet you like went all out
>"No I was working like 8ish hours a day"
>Aww what did they give a day or two for yourself to go explore?

Like nigga what the shit
>>
There is literally no problem with that. Sometimes people just don't have the money or time to travel great distances but I still respect someone way more for taking their time and experiencing a bunch of culturally diverse cities around their area than someone who makes just like one or two splurg-y trips around the world to hit a bunch of places in Europe in under two weeks.
>>
>only went to resorts or party destinations
>or has never traveled outside the country/state/province/district/etc.
>almost always a hot or dumb chick

>actually traveled
>she's ugly as fuck
>>
>>1203935
This must have been a long ass time ago, I went to Disney in 4 out of the last 6 years and will swear on my life that it was a Coke park.
>>
>>1204956
I don't mind it if people say they love to travel. I hate it when someone says it and hasn't been out of the state or just been to a boardering state to X location such as a ski/beach/etc type getaway and never ventured outside of it
>>
>>1205044
It isn't always like that, I met a girl who said she liked to travel and when I asked her where, she pulled out a fucking list of places with photos

not ugly, she was a solid 7.5/10, and she had been to every country in Eastern Europe and 5 countries in the middle east to name a few, her parents had a good bit of money and they liked to travel so she had pretty good exposure
>>
>>1205068
Even though it's a little autistic about travel to het upset over this, I kind of understand it, since every definition of travel ends with ";typically abroad", thr first part being traveling a great distance. But note, typically doesn't mean always, and the USA is huge, so the great distance requirement can be easily met
>>
File: e91.jpg (23KB, 283x302px) Image search: [Google]
e91.jpg
23KB, 283x302px
>she likes to travel
>mfw
>>
>>1204380
It's very common in men's profiles too. I'm sure some of them are good travelers, but you can't know
>>
>>1205178
>It's very common in men's profiles too.

How do you know this? fag
>>
>>1205048
Yeah it was 20 years ago, give or take. I divorced her 7 years ago.
>>
>>1205248
There are so many old fags on this board, it's quite remarkable. This will be my 15th year of marriage. Will probably call it quits at 20 ,when the youngest graduates high scool
>>
File: 8912-5459.gif (58KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
8912-5459.gif
58KB, 320x240px
>>1203967
>She wasn't like that at home, only when she got out of her environment...not that she was a prize anytime, but it wasn't all bad

I am constantly amazed that no matter how poorly a woman acts, people will stick up for her.
And we wonder why they are so horrible now.
>>
>>1204116
None, that was my problem.

He insisted he loved to travel, but had an excuse for every single option. We only travelled once, even then he just wanted to stay at the resort.

The relationship lasted a few years, but I don't know how I managed to stay in one city.....well, neighborhood for that long. Cause of course he would also veto any trips that I wanted to go in with friends.

Whatever, it's over, lesson learned... Now I try to go on a trip with them as soon as we can. It doesn't even have to be a big one, just a small bike trip or whatever. Helps to get to know each other, too.
>>
>>1205287
I had a girlfriend that loved to travel as much or more than I did.
Problem was she was kind of a whore.
Always flirting with male travelers or waiters or just about anyone .
Made me feel like shit honestly and made me not want to travel with her at all.
I wonder if your BF felt the same way?
>>
>>1204126
I like how you pick out the most insignificant parts of the US and then imply that traveling within this country is worthless.

Between NYC, the Pacific Northwest, DC, our national parks, Chicago, New Orleans...i could go on but the point is there's plenty to see here and that you're a fucking dumbass if you think "travel" requires a passport stamp.
>>
>>1204380
Travel is code word for be rich so you can take me places. Adventurous is code word for let's have unprotected sex so I can financially drain you through child support after I dump you.
>>
>>1203935
>Do you know they took Coke to the moon? Do you realize you can get a Coke in Russia? You are telling me this is a America and I can't get a Coke?
How did you not literally murder her at some point in your relationship?
>>
There is so much salt in this thread holy shit haha
>>
>>1205321
Hard not to be salty when you see how the world really works anon.
As you get older and watch all your female friends betray husbands and lovers you will feel the same even if your own marriage is stable.
>>
>>1205328
Everyone gets betrayed by someone.
If you're male you're more likely to notice women betraying men because it resonates with you.
But I bet if you were female, you'd notice men betraying women just as frequently. People are assholes, but it isn't really a gender specific thing.
>>
>>1205335
Every divorce I have seen so far has been initiated by the woman after a string of betrayals.
Maybe a statistical anomaly but it is what I have seen.
>>
>>1205320
LOL, okay friends, I am sitting in a hotel room in Guam.

I am going to honestly answer this....This woman was the mother of my two wonderful daughters. I had a great relationship with my parents, and there is no way I would have killed her. That didn't keep me from plotting the perfect murder, just to keep me sane.

She told her mother once that if she came up missing to check the new concrete I was getting ready to pour for a back patio.

Once she figured out she hated to travel, she just stayed home. She didn't care if I traveled, so I had someone to house sit, make sure the kids were taken care of, while I got to travel (we are talking week or two trips), The girls and I went on trips with out her when they big enough.
>>
>>1205291
Can be, you'd have to ask him. As far as I'm concerned, if I'm with a guy, I'm with that guy. I don't know how things felt for him, though. All I remember is that the person whom I was in love and in a relationship with kept saying how he loved to travel, but didn't go outside. We didn't go to a restaurant, he kept on ordering food to the room (and to our apartment when at home). When I said resort, I meant a hotel room of a resort.
I can do couch potato if need be, but like... He kept on throwing the bait that he wanted to go here and there, but never ended up going. That I found more frustrating than just sitting at home without talking about travel, still pressed. lol

Your comment also reassures me that it's good if I travel asap with the person I'm seeing. Better if they get to know my travel habits earlier than later.
>>
>>1205341
I've seen more of a 50/50 situation in my social circle, so I would assume it's more a case of your female friends in particular being cunts.
>>
>>1205272

/trv/ is probably one of the most mature boards on 4chan. Being able to talk about travel usually requires that you're an adult, have a job (or money), and are not completely autistic. Ruling out NEETs, teenagers, and autists makes /trv/ a better, happier place.
>>
you don't need to lick a thai persons ass to be considered a traveler.
>>
>>1205488
No but you do have to leave your mom's basement
>>
>>1205345
So he had agoraphobia but was too afraid to admit it, even to his girlfriend. That's pretty stupid.
>>
>>1205670
Keep in mind you are only getting half the story here.
I always hear about how odd some chicks ex is and how bizarre their behavior only to meet them and discover the stories do not add up at all.
Women live in their own realities and everyone around them simply tells them they are right all the time.
>>
>>1205676
If the two stories don't add up, how do you know it's the woman who's the liar?
>>
>>1205691
Well, if a girl tells me that her ex is weird, and I go meet her ex and he doesn't seem weird, I'm inclined to believe there is an inconsistency in her statement.

Sure, there is the possibility that the ex is capable of hiding his weirdness, but if it really is that weird, normally it's not that easy to hide.
>>
>>1205695
People act differently around different people. How someone acts around their girlfriend is completely different to how they act around a male friend/acquaintance. So it's not really a reliable method of telling.
>>
>>1205670
Hmm starting to feel sorry for him.

>>1205676
Meh, you could've just replied to my comment >>1205345 and call me a liar.
>>
>>1205279
This. There's always a man who refuses to draw a red line if a woman is involved, this breeds degeneracy.
>>
>>1204001

>Using "her cycles" as a valid excuse for cuntish behavior
>Bringing up violence against women
>Spending thousands on hotels just to stop her temper tantrums

You're such a beta pushover numale, I'll bet she cheated on you with a nigger. You spineless twit, I'll bet if someone came up to you in a bar and spat in your drink you wouldn't do anything about it (save for cry to the bartender/waitress)
>>
>>1203699
>>1203732
>>1203844
>>1203909
>>1203852
>>1203935
>>1204001
>>1205291
>>1205328
>>1205341

Wow thanks for reminding me why I married an aspergian landwhale. I literally have none of these problems and sex is like humping a wet beanbag chair, it's really not so bad, give it a go. Literally I never have to worry about her cheating, she always loves my food and her only complaint is having to get up for short walks.
>>
>>1205820
Have you heard this classic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI02MYwwUzM
>>
>>1204034
>$90 hotel in Zagreb
>You get to actually experience what it's like to live in poverty in some countries, It's pretty cool.

kek
>>
>>1205818
This whiny little nerd went to go cry
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.