[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyone here who has experience with Schengen Area t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Flag_of_Spain.svg.png (73KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
73KB, 1280x853px
Is there anyone here who has experience with Schengen Area travelling, specifically to Spain?

I am from a country that's not in the EU, Bosnia and Herzegovina, but apparently has an agreement for visa-free travel. I've been reading some rules and it's all so confusing. According to the rules I'm allowed to stay for 90 days without a visa. Is that true? There are also some[1] entry requirements for Spain and those are giving me reasons to worry.

It says that they require either an invitation letter or a return-ticket. I think I can show them a return ticket, but there's also a requirement to have money available to you.
Question: do they really check that and what happens if I don't have enough money on me? How likely are they to deny me entry if I just want to stay for a few weeks at a friend's place?

I know I would be better off asking the Spanish consulate in my country, but I reckon I can get some insight here first.

[1] http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Portal/en/ServiciosAlCiudadano/InformacionParaExtranjeros/Paginas/RequisitosDeEntrada.aspx
>>
I'm from a Schengen country so I don't have first hand experience. But from what I know, if you are from one of the visa free countries, you should not have trouble. Make sure you have a return ticket. Also have as much of your plans printed as possible. You might be stamped through with no questions, or they might ask you a few if they are not convinced you will not stay illegally. Just don't look like a bum who will attempt to jump and stay in Europe.

Just don't overstay. That will land you into trouble.
>>
>>1203620

Thank you for the somewhat encouraging words.

>Also have as much of your plans printed as possible.
What kind of plans were you thinking of? Because I don't think I have anything which would constitute as a plan, since I'm just privately visiting a good "friend".
I have also wondered how do they check if you have enough money for your stay? I surely won't bring much cash, so how can they tell how much I have in my account? Would a recent bank statement (few days old) be needed or can I just show them my credit card? Do they really require you to have the mentioned minimum of 580€? What would happen if I told them I'd stay for a month, but didn't have enough to cover the month but more than the minimum?

Sorry if these questions are stupid, but I'm seriously worried about being denied entry and becoming stranded at the airport. Especially since I have never travelled outside of my own country before.
>>
>>1203645
You need to have a clear way of showing you're not going to overstay and will have the means to support yourself while inside Schengen. If you're staying with a friend, have his name and contact details handy. If you can easily get a recent bank statement printed, then it wouldn't hurt to have one. All that being said, it's better to be overprepared. In actuality you most likely won't have any problems, especially if you're entering Schengen via Spain. It's very possible you will be stamped through with no questions. In the worst case, having everything documented as best you can help and being honest about it.
>>
>>1203647

>If you're staying with a friend, have his name and contact details handy.
Is that generally acceptable? I read about those invitation letters, but I'm not sure we can manage that on time, since the post takes so long to deliver them. Honestly, them calling my friend and having her verify it via phone or even in person would be ideal.

I'll definitely follow through with your suggestions. Thanks for all this, it reassured me so much!
>>
>>1203658
No letter of invitation. Just his/her name, address, phone number.
>>
>>1203603
I'm from Switzerland and we aren't EU but I think we have some sort of Schengen agreement or something. Have been to Spain twice, nobody asked me for any special papers or to prove anything. I just went.
>>
>>1204749

I've read a bit about the immigration officers' work and apparently they screen you subjectively and decide whether to ask for details or not.
Do you think they let you in that easily because you're from Switzerland and you'd have no reason to overstay your welcome (read: stay illegally and work)? I'm from a shitty country where people are more likely to do it and a guy in the prime age for illegal emigration, so I'm pretty sure they'll question me.
>>
>>1204749
>>1204774
Switzerland has been part of Schengen for years. Have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>1204791

He never claimed they weren't part of the Schengen agreement, he just said that Switzerland isn't part of the EU, but they have an agreement (the aforementioned one).
>>
>>1204888
Clearly neither poster understood. Schengen means no border controls (almost). So traveling between Switzerland in Spain, no one will ask for your passport, except some rare spot checks.
>>
Just go. You will not have trouble entering an eu country.

If you are ultra paranoid have return flight tickets, proof of hotel reservation etc and cash to show you have means to survive until you're due to leave. But the chances of you having to show any of that is less than half percent
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.