[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friends and I will be heading Kiev for 5 days in a few months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Kiev_Night.jpg (177KB, 640x402px) Image search: [Google]
Kiev_Night.jpg
177KB, 640x402px
My friends and I will be heading Kiev for 5 days in a few months and we're all wandering what to do.

We've already decided on going on a Chernobyl tour but what things are there to do in the city itself?

What's the nightlife like? What museums are there? Any other general activities?

I've looked on Google but most of the results just come up with "every girl in Kiev is fat" and "everyone has AIDS in Kiev"
>>
>>1202909

kiev has some of the most attractive women in the world

what would you do in your town for fun? same shit in kiev
>>
Don't leave booking the Chernobyl tour at the last minute. They need a minimum of 2 weeks in advance for passport and entry reasons.
>>
File: DSC_3729.jpg (2MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3729.jpg
2MB, 3008x2000px
>>1202909
I went to Chernobyl in June, it's an awesome place. Luckily I went before the reactor got covered over but it will still be a great trip. How long are you going to be there for? I did 2 days which was a pretty comprehensive tour.
>>
>>1203006
I think we're planning on going to Chernobyl for only one day, but it's definitely the main part of the trip.
>>
>>1202933
I live in a crappy country side town so I doubt I will be disappointed.
>>
>>1202964
We're not going until April and we're planning on booking everything in March (just because of financial situations at the moment and we don't know what we can afford to actually do)

But cheers for the advice!
>>
>>1202909
>What museums are there?
The best museum of all is the WWII Museum (but now it also has exhibits on the current war against Russia), which is where the big Motherland statue (Rodina Mat) is located.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Museum_of_the_History_of_Ukraine_in_the_Second_World_War

That is within walking distance of Lavra, the most famous Ukrainian monastery with caves underneath.

You might also want to visit Pyrohiv, which is an outdoor folk museum...although in all honesty, it might not be too interesting to most people.
I had a decent time there because I went on a bike with my girlfriend but I was expecting something else from it, such as historical reenactors.

There's also an outdoor government run aviation museum and an outdoor Kyivan Rus museum which looks pretty cool, but never went to it.
http://parkkyivrus.com/en/

My favorite part of Kyiv is Andriyivsky Uzviz. You should spend a lot of time walking around there and the city center.
>>
>>1203112
We do like looking at old history stuff and foreign culture and what not, so thanks for the suggestions!
>>
You should visit Pinchuk's modern art gallery. They have some really bizarre stuff there at times, and it is free for students at least.

I would recommend visiting Bulgakov's museum, I had the most amazing tour in my life in there.

But really, if you want mor authentic Ukrainian culture, I would recommend going a little bit more to the west. At least to Pereyaslav-Khmelnitskiy, which is only some 1.5 hours away from Kiev.
>>
File: DSC_3420.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3420.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
>>1203087
We had a bit of freedom on what we saw in Chernobyl so I'd recommend the cooling towers, the Duga radar, ferris wheel/bumper cars and the swimming pool (basically everything). When you're in Pripyat try and go to the roof of an apartment building. 15 storey view of the town with the reactor in the distance is a great way to see the scale of it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.