[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. I'm Brazilian, and I'm here to warn you. D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Rio de Janeiro.jpg (86KB, 950x380px) Image search: [Google]
Rio de Janeiro.jpg
86KB, 950x380px
Hello. I'm Brazilian, and I'm here to warn you.

Don't come to Brazil. I'll explain why.

1 - Everything is overpriced, especially for you.
A normal water bottle is R$2. In tourist points, like Rio de Janeiro, get ready to pay R$5. Most sellers, when they see you are a "gringo", the price will go to R$10.
This happens with everything you are going to buy.
You can avoid this happening with taxis, at least. Just use Uber.
2 - There is no security.
See that video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMdnMsUuaIA
This is Rio de Janeiro. It is very easy to steal, see? Especially for you, too. Gringos are very easy to steal. Very very easy. When someone see that you are gringo, get ready to be stolen.
Also, the police aren't gone to help you. See the movie Elite Squad (Tropa de Elite), what happens with the normal police is true: they aren't going to solve the crime, they just put in the statistics.
3 - Most people don't speak English.
Most people who speak it have a broken English, too. You'll find most English speakers in South and SP. If you are Japanese, you can find some people in SP too (especially Liberdade).
Don't thrust the "South is Germanic" meme, they don't speak German.

Need to go to Brazil? Get a Brazilian friend who will stay with you all time, or get ready to be lost, stole, or anything.
If you get a Brazilian friend, you'll have a good trip.
Also, Rio de Janeiro is not the best place in the country. It has beatiful places, but it have the worst security.
>>
>>1202686
>Brazil is only Rio de Janeiro.
>>
>>1202686
I literally just came back from Rio and never payed more than R$3 for water most places it's 2

I stayed in Rio near Lapa and it was fine you are just fear mongering, I went out at nigth and even spoke to the prostitutes(boa noite etc) nothing bad happened to me.

as long as you are street smart and don't act like a retard you'll be fine

people seemed more scared of me stealing from them as i'm a skinny mulatto guy probably looks like the typical criminal guy

No one speaks english which makes it better if you want to learn Portuguese

People are pretty nice actually

I heard gun shots but it's not that different from where i live in the us i hear gun shots weekly

I didn't even want to go to Rio i just ended up there due to flight prices but i liked it i will probably go back for a couple of days then go to other cities i actually wanted to visit.

Brazil is a cool country and lots of really attractive women especially compared tot he US
>>
>>1202686
whats the best place to find the famous Brazillian shemales? All the one I fucked in London had huge dicks and were tops. Are there any trans clubs?
>>
According to the First Rule of /trv/, you are supposed to wait until somebody else posts about here you live, and THEN post about how terrible it is.

Please respect our customs when posting here.
>>
>>1202747
I was just in rio and picked up some street walkers if you want to do that do this on Av.Gomes Freire and don't do into their homes
All of the whores here are Trans and there are some qts cost are low in usd from 50 to 150 Reais (15-45 usd) Hotels are about R$40
You need to speak basic phrases thats all (how much is the program?, do you like to do...?,Activa ou Passiva?)

In Rio there is a tranny party every Wednesday i never went becuase i'm embarrassed of my weak Portuguese skills i can't have a conversation so it would have been weird for me i think.

Most Br trans are Versatile but some are only bottoms(Passive) or only tops(Active)
>>
>>1202789
>>1202747

literally asking for aids
>>
Brazil isn't really a nice country, but for whatever reason the Brazilians have a sort of self-hatred thing going on. Like the ultra-liberals in the US that haven't lived elsewhere but still think that everywhere else is better. Or like the filipinos.

Honestly it's worth going there just for the culture and the women, though Rio isn't that great IMO. The whole self-hatred thing makes the educated women want to GTFO so that's a big boost in your favor if you speak spanish or portugese.
>>
>>1202686

Brasil is not Rio
>>
Living in brasil i can say for sure that if you are smart and research well it´s a really nice country to visit , we are not a developed country so living here sucks but sightseeing it´s ok
>>
>>1202747
How to find shemales in London?
>>
Lmao that one kid in the video is shite at purse snatching. 0 for 10 attempts, I bet I could have taken half of those
>>
>>1202686
Hey OP.

I think most people do realize if you go to an actual grocery store where people shop for their entire food selection, that prices are better for water bottles, than from little gift shop that has a refrigerator with cokes and water for sale. It's called "convenience," and it's usually marked up tremendously. It's a level of fraud when there are two prices, one for locals, one for tourists, but I assure you most tourists wouldn't blink at that. Governments charge visitors to parks and museums two prices as well, and though $2 is someone's whole salary, it's standard for international prices.

Rio has been dangerous since the 1980s. Airport employees, cruise passengers, and others have been held up and stolen from since the '80s and it's never ever even once gotten better, only worse each year. Fact. It's so bad, it now has the highest kidnapping insurance rates (for those sent there for work). And, the ultra-rich only take helicopters from the airport to their compound/buildings and skip being in cars altogether. US Military, US State dept? Nope, it won't allow employees to vacation/leave time there. Yup, for 30 years.

For the past five years, over ONE THIRD of tourists coming and going in Florida now to "vacation" are Brazilians who came up to the States to primarily power shop for electronics and luxury items without robberies. If you are rich? You can not enjoy a fun sportscar in Brazil, so you go The Collection in Miami, and drive your Ferrari while in Miami, and keep it at your investment property in Florida, just in case your home economy crashes. That's how it works. You can drive up Brickell in Miami, and notice that 90% of the skyrises are dark at night, owners out of town, yup, investments in Miami. In the season, however, you'll find the seams bursting at every rodizio and brazilian nightclub with elite that see each other every year. They just can't be themselves freely at home among the poor.
>>
>>1203220
>Brazilians who came up to the States to primarily power shop for electronics and luxury items without robberies

It's not about avoiding robberies, it's about avoiding taxes.
>>
>>1203220
>For the past five years, over ONE THIRD of tourists coming and going in Florida now to "vacation" are Brazilians who came up to the States to primarily power shop for electronics and luxury items without robberies.
...And you can still have your hand luggage stolen during the flight.
>>
>>1203930
>...And you can still have your hand luggage stolen during the flight.
During the flight? Really? The whole piece of luggage? How unseasoned a traveler are you?
>>
Don't trust in OP. Brazil isn't Rio de Janeiro. But he's correct.

I think the gringos will like cities like the as in South, Minas Gerais and São Paulo states.

São Paulo is fucking huge, more than New York in numbers, there's a lot of things to do here.

No, in South there's a lot of German speakers, OP. Not a rare thing. I know at least 5 german speakers (and me) and I fucking live in SP.
o.O

BUT PLEASE, FUCK YOU GRINGOS AND LEARN SOME PORTUGUESE.
>>
nice try, Argentina minister of tourism.
>>
I'm going to Brazil on business in March. Going to Sao Paulo, Goiania, Brasilia. Anything I need to know?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.