[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever travel to Kamchatka and if so, is it worth all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: kamchatka.jpg (65KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
kamchatka.jpg
65KB, 680x453px
Anyone ever travel to Kamchatka and if so, is it worth all the hassles?

Seems like one of the last empty (and tourist-free) places you could literally call the fringes of the earth, but also seems like you can't do shit if you don't buy a very expensive multi-day tour.
>>
>>1202514
I hear it's a lot more feasible if you have local contacts, or if you're just there for hiking so all you have to do is arrange transport.

Beautifully wild too.
>>
It's actually one of my biggest travel dreams/goals to go to Kamchatka, read up on it quite a bit.
Just going hiking, camping, etc. isn't all that expensive. Thing is to see the best views, you probably want a helicopter ride or something, which does cost a lot of money.

My plan is if I decide to go... Is to learn above average tourist level Russian (I know the alphabet already, and my pronunciation is quite good). Only buy plane tickets in advance, maybe a few nights somewhere for visa purposes. And then shop for the best transport when in Kamchatka already. Wait for spots that become empty last minute or something.
>>
>>1202514
>last empty (and tourist-free) places
Kamchatka is one of the top tourist places in Russia, but it's /out/ kind of tourism.

If you poses boy scout skills, you can just make a 2-week tour into the wild by yourself.
>>
>>1202673
>>1202683
See, I had really wanted to do this >>1202708 up an active volcano or into an ice cave, but that's starting to seem more impossible unless I learn Russian or take a helicopter ride somewhere.

Damn. Still a prototype journey so I'll figure it out at some point.
>>
>>1202514

Looks like Alaska basically.

Why don't you just go to Alaska?
>>
>>1202758
Way more secluded
>>
File: kamchatkamap.gif (45KB, 300x320px) Image search: [Google]
kamchatkamap.gif
45KB, 300x320px
>>1202758
it's more like iceland in that's it quite tectonically active

>>1202781
secluded as in it's harder to get to
it's not like it's more of an untouched wilderness
>>
>>1202758
I have a minor criminal record from years ago that keeps me from visiting. The pardon and application process is not only expensive, it can take years if ever, and is random at best. On top of that the US border patrol guys randomly refuse entry even when you have paperwork from HS issuing you a visa and a letter giving permission. Sad reality but it is what it is.
>>
>>1202904
well, there is nothing in the US you can't find somewhere else
>>
>>1202514
Seeing an active volcano is on my list of achievements to unlock... would be worth an expensive multi-day tour to me, if there as one doing its thing...
>>
>>1202715
You can try to find russian man who travel kamchatka too. I think, thats possible.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.