[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 21hrs layover to spend in Changi Airport (Singapore).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1483725317386.png (60KB, 480x357px)
1483725317386.png
60KB, 480x357px
I have 21hrs layover to spend in Changi Airport (Singapore).

What am I supposed to do while waiting? Did I goof?
>>
>>1201877

You picked one of the few airports where staying there could be bearable - desu though with 21 hours just go into singapore
>>
>>1201877
>get cab
>go out
>set phone for 12 hours on alarm
>spend 12 hours in singapore
>get back at hour 14
>get back on plane
>use plane ride to recover and sleep off from whatever the fuck you did
>>
I have the same thing in Helsinki (16 hour layover). For a more comfortable stay I booked the FINNAIR lounge. I really hope it is as great as I hope it is.
>>
>>1201883
>>1201881
Any recommendations where I should go or should I just noodle about the harbour ?

Is there any cool things in the airport. I heard there was a pool and a theatre! I'll be there in 5 hours.
>>
>>1201877
Perfect place for a layover. It's almost like the whole city/country was designed for layovers.

Pop over to Chinatown, buy some CNYE souvenirs, use the Wi-Fi at McDonald's to confirm reservations email friends and family Etc.

Get a Singapore tourist card for 20 bucks, once you figure out the real system you can travel anywhere in the city and so long as you return it before midnight and you will because you're flying out I think they give you your money back.

They've got some interesting-looking temples in Little India which might be worth checking out.
--------
I have 12 hours in Tokyo, wat do?
>>
>>1201877
Hey neat, I got myself something similar, 19 hours layover in Changi.
Thought it'd be nice to visit the country but the problem is I'll be arriving at 02:55 and there's no way that I'm stepping out of the airport at 3 in the morning.

So my question is, is there anywhere decent to catch a few hours of shut-eye in that jungle of an airport?
Preferably in the public area.
>>
>>1201877
Whores. Clean State funded, tested, and sanctioned, whores.
>>
>>1201951
Check this out Changi comes in at number one http://www.sleepinginairports.net/2016/best-airports-sleeping.htm
>>
>>1201898
You can get to Helsinki city centre direct on the train in 45 minutes for 5 euro, or by the Finnair bus in 30 minutes for 7 euro. You don't need to stay in the airport the whole time. Take the ferry to Suomenlina, it's an island fort about 20 minutes from central Helsinki. Very cool place.
>>
>>1201898
Which lounge? Schengen or non-Schengen one? The non-Schengen one has a sauna.
>>
>>1201904
If you're landing in Narita you should probably not go to Tokyo. It's pretty far away. Go to Narita or some close by city instead.
In case it's Haneda I would definetly go. Maybe to Shibuya and just get a feeling of the huge pulsing city. Keep in mind that you can not leave the airport in the middle of the night so look at when there are trains running.
>>
>>1201951
>Thought it'd be nice to visit the country but the problem is I'll be arriving at 02:55 and there's no way that I'm stepping out of the airport at 3 in the morning.

I don't know if anything is happening in Singapore at 2.55 but safety is not a concern.

I walked alone in one of suburbs of Singapore at 1 AM to meet a ladyboy and the only people I encountered were students learning for exams at Starbucks.
>>
>>1201951
http://netsenger.com/afterhours/coffee.htm
>>
>>1201972
Hey that's pretty sweet. I think I'll be fine then. I'm sure I'll find somewhere to close my eyes for a bit. Thankfully I'm not a light sleeper.

>>1202115
Oh yeah, it looks pretty damn safe, not to mention clean. Sort of like a amusement park replica of a city.
It's just that my flight goes from Bangkok to Singapore at 23:35 and only flies for 2 hours and 20 minutes so I doubt I'll be able to fall asleep in that time.
And I don't think wandering around the city when I've been up for 2 days will be a good idea.
>>
>>1202002
Ohw hell yeah. We might check out the city in that case. Thanks!
>>
Just an update.

I couldn't check into my flight since I had so much time remaining, 12 hours prior is the maximum earliest time. So I spent 12 hours in the city / hotel.

None of the cool stuff is available to the public if you haven't checked in. At hour 12 I checked in and made full use of the areas. Butterfly garden was cool, the koi were cool, I watched half a movie, played PlayStation, converted my currency, and wandered about. There is a lot of walking, but there is an internal train that is free to help a bit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.