[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An old vagabond in his 60s told me about it over a beer in Central

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

An old vagabond in his 60s told me about it over a beer in Central America, goes something like this: The more places you see, the more things you see that appeal to you, but no one place has them all. In fact, each place has a smaller and smaller percentage of the things you love, the more things you see. It drives you, even subconsciously, to keep looking, for a place not that’s perfect (we all know there’s no Shangri-La), but just for a place that’s “just right for you.” But the curse is that the odds of finding “just right” get smaller, not larger, the more you experience. So you keep looking even more, but it always gets worse the more you see.
>>
>>1201725
He and (you) sound like a pretentious dipshits.
>>
you need a girlfriend
>>
>>1201725
There is no place like home. And in the end home is where your friends and family are. The place doesn't matter.
>>
>>1201725
I'm a somewhat less old vagabond.

It really isn't about the place. It is about who you meet. I'd settle down in a heart-beat if I fell in love with the right person.
>>
>>1201725
Ah yes, the famous "travellers curse". It's true up to a point. Travel for 2 years and tell me if you want to just keep going after that. Eventually you will find a place that will not have everything but will have just enough of what you're looking for that you will want to stay. Perpetual travel doesn't exist, eventually everyone finds a spot they want to come back to even if they continue traveling away from that city.
>>
no, ive been to places that were pretty much perfect and amazing in everyway
>>
Nope. The more you travel, the more you'll realize that the actual place doesn't matter at all. You can enjoy yourself in the shittiest of places. The people that are around you are the only thing that matters.

Millions and millions of people have travelled all around the world and are perfectly happy staying in one random little town with their families and friends now.
>>
>>1201725
Sounds like shit but he is right in a way. Unless you love yourself it doesn't matter where you go or what you see, you'll always be stuck with yourself.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.