[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to Victoria, Canada on July for english improving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1470464667787.jpg (129KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470464667787.jpg
129KB, 640x480px
I'm going to Victoria, Canada on July for english improving at Global Village (in Downtown) this is going to be hard because I'm from Mexico and the CAD raised 50% its value on the last year. I'm just going to be able to spend like 10$ daily (with food discounted already), is Victoria a nice place to hang out without having too much money? I'm going there for a month.
>>
>>1201374
Not really Vancouver island in general is very expensive nowadays. You will be real hungry with only 10$ a day.
>>
>>1201374
Prepare to see expensive food and booze. Canada in general is expensive on a global scale. Beautiful part of the world though so it's worth going even if you'll be starving for a month. Instant noodles and rice&beans every day...
>>
>>1201374
10 bucks a day? Dude you can't even get a full meal for 10 at Micky ds.

I guess you could fish for your food. Or just eat whatever washes up ashore. Eat sea weed.
>>
do you know where you're staying? are you the same mexican who had the thread about victoria a few months ago?

a one month bus pass is $85 and a day pass is $5, parks and the library are the only good free things in victoria

the beach on dallas road is about a 20 minute walk from downtown

beacon hill, gonzalez hill, uplands park, mount tolmie, mount doug, elk lake, esquimalt lagoon, the gorge and thetis lake are all good parks you can bus to

you can take the bus out to swartz bay and ride a ferry that goes to different islands for four hours

the legislature and government house are both free to visit
>>
Do you have access to a kitchen? Cooking is your cheapest option. Victoria is beautiful, I lived there for 5 years, but it's very expensive and boring if you don't have money to spend. I guess you can go to parks or whatever.
>>
this is the poor mexican, insted of going to local institute he tries to appear rich to equally poor and brown neighbors...... will freeze to death kjajkajkajkjakkjakja >>1201374
>>
File: 4L_xYieQ6cZ.jpg (38KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
4L_xYieQ6cZ.jpg
38KB, 500x700px
Why would you want to go somewhere when you don't even know what it might cost?

If you're going to go, bring noodles like the other guy said.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.