[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How'd your health fare while you were out? I'm mostly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: fgh.png (3KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
fgh.png
3KB, 640x640px
How'd your health fare while you were out? I'm mostly curious about eating habits and weight loss/gain, but if you caught AIDS or something, that's cool too. Did you eat a bunch of easy fast food, or did you slow down and make yourself meals with the local cuisine, and how often/to what excess did you go drinking?

As an aside, any injuries sustained from doing adventurous/dangerous shit while abroad? How'd you deal with it?
>>
On a year abroad:

> Badly infected ingrown toenails twice. Getting this properly treated was a huge pain in the ass at first - I found out the Thai "travel clinics" are really just there to rip off foreigners, will give bad and sometimes dangerous treatment, and won't solve the real problem.

>Motorcycle accident in Myanmar while riding alone through the countryside, not too bad but broke my wrist. XRays were free because I was a foreigner and the doctor and splint was $30.

>Got food sickness a couple times. Not a huge deal, just bad diahrea for a day or two, cleared up with antibiotics.

>Got something that seemed like Giardia, I've now been to 4 doctors and paid hundreds in lab tests to figure out what's going on, but the treatments only work for a week or two.

>Minor cold/flu/etc a few times, mostly caught from hooking up with local girls

The drinking and stress from the constant culture shock was pretty tough on my body, I think especially towards the end it caused me to get sick a whole lot more. And third-world medical care is just absolute shit, you can't trust what the doctors tell you at all.

In terms of weight I mostly stayed the same even though I didn't watch what I ate or drank. All of the walking and activity took care of it for the most part.
>>
I fattened up during a month in the UK, everything I ate felt full of grease even fruits and vegetables. Fuck the UK.
>>
>>1201343
I didn't each much during my week and a half trip to Japan (at least, not as much as i normally do), people told i looked like i lost weight when i got back.
>>
>>1201343
Lost about 15 kg in two months due to food poisoning, intestinal parasites and actually being physically active for the first time in about 18 months.
>>
File: Grey_Poupon_Squeeze.jpg (22KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Grey_Poupon_Squeeze.jpg
22KB, 300x225px
>>1201343
>but if you caught AIDS aids or something
>that's cool too
>>
>>1201343
Is it worth getting travel Insurance
>>
>>1202083
shit nigga I don't know
>>
>>1201343
I spent a month abroad this summer and lost about 15 pounds. I didn't like the local food that much, and was really active so that probably contributed to it. I also got some kind of flu, while I was there, but I just went into a local clinic and they prescribed me some anti-biotics. (they were only $20)
>>
>>1202083
Yes. Emergency evacuation and all the meds/equipment needed during that time can cost upwards of a few million.
>>
>>1201545
where are you from?
>>
>>1201343
10 months away...

Ate shit food generally but lost a fair bit of weight from all the walking I did. Never really walked at home.

Been back home for 4 months, no walking, weight comes back. So shit.
>>
>>1201343
I am one of those people who carry a medikit everywhere
not once have I used it myself, but I'm always patching up other people
someone stands on a sea urchin, needs their foot soaked in vinegar, some spines pulled out, topical anti-biotics. sea urchins often cause infection so I just had to tell them to get hospital if it swelled up or they had fever etc

I've got serious food poisoning once or twice
drinking heavily throws my stomach around, I often eat sporadically and loose weight as a result
it's hard to avoid drinking a bottle of vodka a day when it's cheaper than orange juice
often I get headaches and odd sinus aches from increased air pressure or humidity or something, planes are fine but high altitude is headache city
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.