[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going on a lengthy tour of South Asia - India, Thailand,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: e2_2480.jpg (255KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
e2_2480.jpg
255KB, 2000x2000px
I'm going on a lengthy tour of South Asia - India, Thailand, etc. - and I want to bring [A LARGE SUITCASE].

I can't exactly backpack with it, though. How do I visit remote areas while keeping my [LARGE SUITCASE] safe? Are there storage lockers I can rent in Indian cities, for example?

Even if I weren't bringing my [LARGE SUITCASE], I still have way too much stuff to lug with me on 3 day detours or outings into the counryside. Curious about how you handle this sort of thing, anons.

Lengthy means for months to a year, I understand that makes a "big fucking retarded" difference when you're looking for somewhere safe to put your luggage; something to do with time bombs or elephants IRRC. Elements of this post may have been redacted to avoid confusing certain people.
>>
>>1201092
I'm not sure I grasp the size of the suitcase involved...
>>
>>1201092
Before embarking for a remote area, will you normally have lined up where you ill be staying upon your return to less remote areas? If so, it is possible they would allow you to leave a [LARGE SUITCASE] with them, or even allow you to have it shipped t them if you will exit the remote area to a point different from where you entered into it.
>>
>>1201092
Base yourself out of a city which you will return to. Store your luggage with the front desk for a fee, or keep the rental of your room ongoing while you are away. Make a friend of a single employee, someone important like a concierge at an important hotel, and pay them to take it home til your return.
>>
>>1201097
A little over a metre, surprisingly narrow for a [LARGE SUITCASE], as if it contained an oblong object of some kind. But that mysterious [OBLONG OBJECT] is beyond the scope of this thread.

It's small enough to fit in the trunk of a car, but awkward in the seat of a car. Safe deposit boxes at banks are unfortunately out of the question.

>>1201098
That's an interesting idea. I've left suitcases at hotels when I arrived hours before the checkin time, so it seems possible. And if I check out of that hotel and promise to return for another stay, that would give them more incentive to keep my [LARGE SUITCASE] safe. Incentive is a wonderful thing.
>>
>>1201104
I took my time replying, so I didn't see this post. Yes, I think healthy tipping and a certain amount of amicable chatting will be in order. I'm not staying in very high end places but I expect there'll be porters and such.
>>
>>1201106
As long as it is not a piano or something, you'll be fine. Taking a piano would be retarded as fuck.
>>
>>1201111
Oh goodness, I wouldn't even think of it. That would indeed be dumb.
>>
This is a Christian board, anon. We only use fannypacks.
>>
>>1201097
About the size of a piano
>>
>>1201092
In Thailand I had two suitcases, one carry on size and one larger. When visiting remote areas in Isaan I left my large suitcase at the airport. It was 150 baht per day storage, I think, at DMK airport. Don Mueng
>>
Don't know what you're bringing with yourself OP, but whatever you do, just don't think of carrying a musical instrument with you, such as a keyboard, or even a stage piano. That would be really bad.
>>
I am going to Thailand for a month and I packed a regular backpack and a (small suitcase) did I goof? I think I underpacked
>>
>>1201876
Definitely. You canĀ“t even fit a proper instrument in a [SMALL SUITCASE].
>>
>>1201876
How did you fit your [DIGITAL PIANO] and your [GUITAR AMP]?
You didn't?
You dun goof my dear anon.
>>
>>1202000
<3
>>
Someday you will tell your grandchildren, "I was there, posting in the very thread, when /trv/ got its 4th meme."
>>
>>1201135
It's a piano...right?
>>
>>1201092

>Lengthy means for months to a year,

Why not travel light and buy clothes and stuff as you need them? You are going to countries where clothes cost almost nothing ad are suitable for the climate to.
>>
>>1202139
It's just one or 2 people forcing it, /trv/ is so slow it doesn't take much to look like a meme is all over the board. This happens quite a lot.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.