[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going on a lengthy tour of South Asia - India, Thailand,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: roller castor option200001.jpg (188KB, 401x434px) Image search: [Google]
roller castor option200001.jpg
188KB, 401x434px
I'm going on a lengthy tour of South Asia - India, Thailand, etc. - and I want to bring my digital piano with me to keep my hand in.

I can't exactly backpack with it, though. How do I visit remote areas while keeping my keyboard safe? Are there storage lockers I can rent in Indian cities, for example?

Even if I weren't bringing my keyboard, I still have way too much stuff to lug with me on 3 day detours or outings into the counryside. Curious about how you handle this sort of thing, anons.
>>
I think it's pretty dumb to bring such a thing traveling, especially to south asia. Either travel or play your piano. Or buy a more compact piano.
>>
>>1200785
Well, thank you for your contribution, anon, I hadn't considered that it might be "dumb."
>>
Bring a melodica.
>>
Anon, this is really fucking retarded.

That being said, keep it next to you while sleeping. Or take up a more convenient instrument, your call.
>>
>>1200772
You're fucking retarded for even considering bringing that
>>
>>1200827
>>1200828
Could you explain why it would be retarded to have a keyboard with me in the various hotel rooms where I will be living for a year or more?

Will it spook the elephants? I am interested to hear your reasoning.
>>
>>1200833
>a year

Well, jeez, you should've said that. Can't you just lock it in your hotel room and hide it under your bed?
>>
>>1200772
I wouldn't bring any music gear with me when traveling unless it was a concert tour and I was making money playing. Because short of that you're just bringing an expensive, easily stolen piece of gear that's going to be a millstone around your neck to a place where you want to be able to pick up and go without having to worry about your shit. The trick ought to be to bring as close to nothing with you as possible, not haul around a fucking keyboard. Unless, as I said before you have paying gigs booked with it.
>>
>>1200833

>Could you explain why it would be retarded to have a keyboard with me in the various hotel rooms where I will be living for a year or more?
>Will it spook the elephants? I am interested to hear your reasoning.

Hey dipshit you never clarified what "lengthy" meant and regardless it's a huge fucking keyboard. Do you really not understand how annoying and inconvenient it would be to carry it everywhere? It's clear you're using this thread just get people to say it's a good idea
>>
>>1200834
I'd probably be OK with that if I had an apartment, but I'll be using short term places. Anywhere I could afford to pay for and not use for days at a time would be a bit of a dive, not somewhere I'd like to leave valuables.

Basically, I'm wondering if there are such things as rentable storage sheds or steel lockers in India. I know there's left luggage at airports - sometimes - but I won't always be based in a city with a major airport.

I'm also interested in how people who have been to India would assess hotel security. Are thefts from rooms common, or just dangerously possible?

>>1200897
Yes, you've got it all figured out. I came here to be praised for my luggage problems.
>>
File: 5OcQjEwxra4.jpg (132KB, 1181x787px) Image search: [Google]
5OcQjEwxra4.jpg
132KB, 1181x787px
>>1200772
I have a similar problem, OP. I was planning cross-Asian bike tour and I want to bring the thing on the the pic with me to keep my hand in. I can't exactly backpack with it, though. Curious about how you handle this sort of thing, anons.
>>
>I still have way too much stuff to lug with me
>Curious about how you handle this sort of thing
We handle it by not packing like morons.

>4 different people telling you it's dumb idea
>you still argue with them

You asked for advice, you got it.
>>
>>1200987
What the fuck are you doing bringing a baby grand piano on a fucking cross-Asian bike tour? Get a goddamn full grand you piece of shit. I swear to God, it's assholes like you who ruin this board.
>>
Pianist fag here, and I can tell you from my perspective that it is sincerely the dumbest idea, unless you're a professional piano player that needs to practice 30 hours every day. And then again, the easier and more sensible way around would be to find some music schools near by, and generally the places where you can get your hand on a keyboard easily.
>>
Play the harmonica instead. I always carry a few with me when I'm travelling.

Also this is a terrible idea in principle.
>>
>>1201051
>and generally the places where you can get your hand on a keyboard easily.
old fashioned major hotels, piano bars, it's not hard to find them
>>
>>1200772
I think without knowing someone who would keep your valuables safe for you, some expat you'd stay with when in town? Then, this isn't going to work out at all. Could you make some friends via some band websites? Is anyone in your family connected there? Business, university, celebrity, or other contacts? Someone might not give a shit keeping something in their garage or in a closet for a few weeks as long as you come back for it, and play like a nice guest with gifts. You really only need someone who has a decent enough job that they wouldn't sell it, or have guests often who are thieves.
Google some bands now, people who might like you sit in with them, assist them (sometimes someone wants some vacation relief, ya know?), and use their equipment. Find a hotel or hostel which has a piano. You could probably ship this thing ahead a couple of places if you knew your schedule well and money wasn't an issue.

But on a bike? Are you going to tow a trailer? WTF
>>
>>1200772
Guy with the [LARGE SUTCASE] detected. Also, was that you cousin taking the amp to Japan?
>>
File: fredholland.jpg (12KB, 388x250px) Image search: [Google]
fredholland.jpg
12KB, 388x250px
Would a concertina be an alright instrument to take travelling?
>>
>>1201116
Apart from everybody killing you all the time, yeah.
>>
>>1201100
I want to use this year of relative peace to get past Greensleeves and practice some more complex stuff. I wouldn't want to inflict that practice on the innocent public.

>>1201103
Even if I could pull that off once, I'd need to do it in three or four cities. I'm just not that charismatic.

Bike, trailer? I was thinking more the boot of a taxi.

>>1201108
I don't know anything about large suitcases, anon, this is a case of mistaken identity, a complete coincidence.

Amp, no, I'm not really a musician, or someone with professional connections.
>>
>>1201133
Nigga just get a harmonica. Or if you are okay with being 'that guy', a guitar.
>>
File: My Drum Set.jpg (102KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
My Drum Set.jpg
102KB, 720x480px
Following. I'm biking through Northern Africa in a few months and wanted to bring my drum kit along (pic related). Curious to see how one does this.
>>
Sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone have any tips on hiking in the Himalayas with a double bass?
>>
>>1201311
I brought a double-neck electric bass last year on my PCT trip, the only advice I can give you is to bring enough sheet music to keep you preoccupied. Noodling around/improvising gets pretty tiresome after a few days.
>>
Hey guys, I wanted to bring more than my usual spare pair of shorts stuffed into my usual pair's pocket. I'm even thinking of getting knee-length shorts for when I go to fancy restaurants.

Can anyone help me figure this crazy idea out? Should I put my extra shorts in a plastic bag, or maybe hide them under my armpits? I'll probably soak them with sweat from traveling so heavily - I might even stay an entire week Overseas. I'm extreme like that.
>>
>>1201315
Unless you want to bring a piano you should be golden. Just buy a 110L backpack and stuff it to the top with useless shit, you might room for your shorts.
>>
>>1201329
OK, I'll try that. This doesn't look like a self-torture device at all, and I won't have to deal with the profound ethical quandary of giving someone a buck to lift my stuff for me!
>>
File: 6167184860_e27471ab5b_b.jpg (197KB, 479x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6167184860_e27471ab5b_b.jpg
197KB, 479x1024px
Hi guys seeing as this is the place to post about travelling with musical instruments I was wondering if anyone had any advice about hiking across Mongolia with a Subcontbass Flute?
>>
File: lol.jpg (32KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
32KB, 360x480px
>>1201340
Subcontrabass sax or get out
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.