[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, my grandfather is paying for my university but I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: the-united-states-of-america-map.gif (191KB, 1100x704px) Image search: [Google]
the-united-states-of-america-map.gif
191KB, 1100x704px
So, my grandfather is paying for my university but I can't get into anywhere great, so I'm going to focus on the location. Where SHOULD a 21 year old be in the USA in 2017?
>>
>>1199700
That's fucking retarded, pick a school based on what you would like to earn a living with. Location means jack shit these days, 4 years are going to fly by without you even noticing.
>>
>>1199756
That's naive, proximity to relevant industry can be extremely helpful for finding a good internship or career post-grad.

Boston area for example is great if you'll be entering any sort of STEM program, also there's a huge variety of schools to choose from
>>
>>1199700
A way to get by in life with shitty academic history is to 1) do the community/junior college until Associate's degrees is earned, then get into upper level education through the deals the State Universities have where they MUST accept all credit courses if you matriculated out of the community colleges. It's like an easy way to ensure you'll finish. Doing well in your Associates can help you get into something competitive at the upper level like physical therapy. Picking a state to go to school is silly. You stay close to family if you're not in fact trying to get into the Top 5 engineering so you catch a good grad school down the line (or whatever your career dream is).
2) You very heartily consider a vocational program of high demand. It might sound silly but an electrician (for example) might ensure your actual job happiness beyond beginning your life in 3-4 extra years and relying upon another human to pay your way. Just Google
'top 50 highest demand careers" in say "Florida" and don't knock the blue collar high job security sector if it interests you. You'll learn outside of doctors, and computer analysts, like 38/50 will be vocational 2yrs. If you think you are a poor work habits, not high IQ kind of guy, then settle for a while. You can always go back to school. All the time and money your grandfather invests in you (at 21-25) accounts for little if you quit early. Know thyself. You can grow up really fast when you enter a field where you are highly wanted.
>>
>>1199700
An SEC school
>>
>>1199813
trades are for people that want to have health problems. i'd rather be a nurse than an electrician. at least then you don't worry about inhaling dangerous shit or breaking your back or whatever and you make the same fucking amount.
>>
>>1199700
maine
+cougars for miles
-???
>>
>>1199700
What state are you from?
>>
>>1199700
any city. steer clear of college towns. they're fucking dumb. cities are where real life happens. college towns are where students and teachers live and party. there are no jobs, no companies, nothing else there.
>>
>>1199700
Las Vegas, Nevada
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.