[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got diagnosed with pretty serous Pneumonia just 9 days before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1024x1024.jpg (65KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1024x1024.jpg
65KB, 1024x683px
I got diagnosed with pretty serous Pneumonia just 9 days before the start of a 37 day trip overseas.

I had no travel insurance because i was going to buy a new camera and bring that with me on the trip after new years when the sale started, but sadly i got ill the day before.

Literally thousands of dollars wasted, girlfriend quit her job and now has to find a new one and now have to spend my holidays at home taking IV antibiotics and getting blood tests every 2 days when I've been looking forwards to this for literally a whole year. Will be minimum 1 month recovery, but honestly, its over for me.

To be fair, at least i wasn't overseas when this happened, its serious enough that the doctors said if i was a bit older and not so fit and healthy i could die, but still.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and has any advice on what to do to keep yourself from going insane?
>>
I know this doesn't help that much but everything does happen for a reason, only most of the time you realize it way later.

Keep strong and don't let that traveler spirit die.
>>
Yeah man, I've lost thousands too due to unforeseen circumstances related to travel.

Just save up, and travel some other time. This happens to a lot of people friend

And things could be a lot worse.
If you recover well, at least you have your health. I know it doesn't sound helpful, but think about it, it is.

And yes, as the other anon said, never let that traveler spirit die, you will travel again some other time
>>
>>1199648
Shit happens.
Get well soon.
>>
>>1199648
Because I am by a Delta hub, that's who I fly with 9/10, and they offer trip insurance by Allianz for a fraction of the plane ticket. I have had to use it once, due to a sudden work committment. Got my $150 cancellation fee for the flight refunded. Always book rooms that can be canceled up to the day or two before. There was once I was wanted to cancel a hotel, but missed the cut off by hours, so I stayed there. And another time I pre paid at a huge discount for 5 star, but actually wanted to leave a city a day early, but ended up staying because the room was paid for. I was recently out of a few hundred dollars, registration and processing fees, for canceling a cruise for 4, 2 rooms.
>>
File: NeoTheMatrix.jpg (22KB, 250x358px) Image search: [Google]
NeoTheMatrix.jpg
22KB, 250x358px
>>1199654
>I know this doesn't help that much but everything does happen for a reason, only most of the time you realize it way later.
Kek, yeah, the reason being OP got a viral or bacterial infection.
>>
I don't have any sympathy
If a bit of pneumonia stops you from travelling you are a Pussy and definitely shouldn't travel anyway
>>
>>1199648
I wish you a good recovery anon.

The lesson to learn from this, I guess, is to either have an insurance or nothing booked in advance. I always do one or the other.
>>
>>1199654
This line of reasoning is fucking retarded, and usually accompanies some kind of religious mumbo jumbo about "God's plan"
>>
Happened to a friend of mine. He got sick with tonsillitis 4 months ago after just moving to Germany. Had a ticket booked to Spain when the sickness didn't go away, had to go back home and get on antibiotics which didn't work, after like two months of the sickness disappearing and coming back they decide to operate.
Turns out he had Von wildebrands disease and needs special attention, operation keeps getting delayed. Now finally he's going to have it in a week, after sitting on his ass at home sick since august.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.