[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: /trv/ feels stories >be me >be in August of 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1434832647001.gif (371KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1434832647001.gif
371KB, 500x375px
ITT: /trv/ feels stories

>be me
>be in August of 2016
>travel to Portugal to meet two internet friends
>one is an interpals friend I met a year before
>the other is an old forum buddy from five years ago, know him better than people I have known since grade school
>arrive in the country
>feel overwhelmed as fuck by the fact that I only know two people on the whole continent
>interpals girl introduces me to some of her friends
>they're excited as fuck to meet me and talk to me
>get invited to have dinner with one person's parents
>spend the afternoon and evening walking around and chatting in Caldas da Rainha
>girls I just met tag along with me and another new friend to go to Burger king
>be surrounded by people who are excited to talk to me
>be on the last full day of the trip
>get in my lisbon hotel
>realize that I won't see my new friends for a very long time
>realize I haven't had any real friendship for years
>realize I had forgotten what it was like to have friends
>realize I'm going back to my very uninteresting life of community college classes and retail in the midwest
>start crying in my hotel room

Is this normal?
>>
Yes. That's why you're going to community college: so you can get smart and subsidize your expensive travels and friendships.

I was you like five years ago senpai. Not quite where I want to be yet but I'm making it work. I know you can do it too buddy.
>>
>>1199609
I'm hopefully switching (back) to a four year school in the fall, so I won't be able to work part time because I'll be researching.

I might get lucky and be able to go to conferences on my school's dime, though. Plus as a grad student I should be able to travel.
>>
>an hour ago
>hostel
>working on my laptop in the common room
>mostly empty
>qt girl who works there, talked to her a bit
>later she's kind of dancing by herself to the electronic music playing
>glance at her a few times, she always looks away
>try to make conversation with her a few times but she always just cuts it off quickly/doesn't really respond, goes somewhere else and comes back in a minute or so
>other girl comes by, qt girl says "man i wish somebody would dance with me, i'm the one who's single here!"
>I look at her, she immediately turns away and says "i want someone who knows what they're doing"
>there's like 1 other guy in the room, my friend next to me who is also working, definitely not talking about him
>continue working, go to bed later

I don't even know what to make of any of this

>>1199608
yes, basically the same thing happened when i was a few weeks ago, including the crying part, but it was more because of i didn't know if the relationship i formed was real or just because we were both drunk. added the girl on facebook but she hasn't messaged me so i assume the latter. probably should've kissed her when i had the chance. fuck

i also have never really had (close) friends. anyway my advice is that crying is not really a bad thing, in fact i'd say it's good since it shows you do have emotional capacity. try making more 'friends' while traveling, at least talk to people for practice with social skills.
>>
>>1200817
>Second backpacking trip, both of which was done alone
>4 months in SEA
>Make friends easy, but it never last beyond each of our departures
>Think of all the things I'm experiencing alone
>Sometimes wish I had a gf right now to experience all of this with

It's fine. And traveling alone is my preferred method of travel, but sometimes I wish I wasn't. This is normal though and I'm sure a lot of people feel this.
>>
>>1200817

you're probably ugly desu famlam
>>
>>1199608
Yep. I was in Prague a while back.

Hungover, hungry, a bit dehydrated, sweaty, and lost in Prague for 5 hours I stumbled into my hostel. Paid, ran into my hostel room, and got my shit sorted.

Start talking to the guys in there, thinking they're total shit heads cause I'm in a rotten mood. They invite me to play king's cup in the bar. I agree. I smoke a cigarette outside with the receptionist, go to the bar, order a drink, and finally go to their table and introduce myself.

Little did I know that I found the best travel friends/group I had ever made. I spent the next 3 days exploring the beautiful city of Prague with them, eating great food, drinking beer with them, and getting into random shit with them. It's been a long time since that long weekend with them and I genuinely feel that was the deepest I had ever connected with a group of people.

I ended up meeting up with one of them again in Switzerland a couple months later but the magic of us both being in a foreign country was no longer there despite it being a very fun time.

This was my first -real- hostel experience I feel. It drifts around my mind every now and then- reminiscing about those 3 days. When I talk about all that we did, it doesn't seem too far off of what solo travelers tend to do together. I don't really know if that was just the chemistry of our group or the magic of breaking into the traveler's bond for the first time, but I've been looking for that experience ever since.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.