[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. I'm new to this board but I figured maybe some people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0638.jpg (435KB, 1372x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0638.jpg
435KB, 1372x2048px
Hello.
I'm new to this board but I figured maybe some people can help me out. So I'm probably going to New York for the first time pretty soon here, and I've read on different sights where people say the place is a shit show and others say it's an amazing place. I would just like to get more opinions on it? Any input is appreciated.
>>
It's very cool, but you need to stay away from tourist traps.

Times Square and rockefeller center is trash. Broadway sucks you can get better theater for cheaper.
Go to:
>the met opera
>Upper West side west 72nd area
>Soho to people watch
>Sylvia's in Harlem is a classic
>Williamsburg is overrated but has good beer. I don't care if it's hipster. Hipsters make good food and beer.
>smalls jazz club in Greenwich Village
>mcsorleys pub on 7th Street
>go to lower Manhattan and see the bull and wall street
>the met, cloisters, frick collection, and Brooklyn museum are all worth seeing

Try to avoid midtown as much as possible
>>
>>1199547
I'm a New Yorker and went to the McSorley's bar for the first time on Sunday, it was pretty cool. A good place to start the night off.
>>
>>1199547
Oh and Williamsburg to me isn't necessarily that hipster, it just seems like a place all kinds of people go to hang out kind of like the East Village or LES.

I mean yes Williamsburg was once upon a time the hipster center, but it seems like that's Bushwick these days as Williamsburg has gotten super expensive.
>>
>>1199540
I love it personally. Going in through the lincoln tunnel I think is the best way for a first timer to experience the descent (ascent?).

The tourist traps are interesting but should not be a main draw (perhaps go just for the picture); the best parts of the city are in the parts where people don't always go, and in the food. Oh goodness, the food.

Some things to consider googling:

The Highline
Shake Shack (best burgers I've ever had)
Mamoun's Falafel
any real ramen place
The Spot Dessert Bar (Golden Toast is my favourite, probably go to the one in St. Mark's Place)
Central Park of course
Battery Park
Bryant Park I love personally but it's right near Times Square so it's a bit hard to navigate. There's a nice Japanese bookstore there (Kinokuniya)
Hotel Tortuga (mexican food)
The Cloisters
Chinatown (all of it)
Milan is my favourite Indian Place in Curry Row
Murray's has the best grilled cheese sandwich

Another thing I quite enjoy doing is hiking Manhattan, I can get from the bottom of the Island (Battery Park or so) through Central Park in a good day and have some energy leftover, but it might be better to hike the bottom of the island through about Union Square one day, then Union through Central, then up however far you want to continue until you're done. I love architecture personally as well as just living/seeing the people so hiking is a great way to get a good feel for things. I'll hike third avenue or Broadway/fifth/sixth if I feel like dealing with more people.

I hope you enjoy, friend! Happy traveling.
>>
>>1199540
Unless you have fucktons of money, it's hard to do well in NYC

Look into the concerts hosted by Julliard, they often have free tickets to concerts
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.