[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there was a stupid good deal on flights to Tokyo today, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

So there was a stupid good deal on flights to Tokyo today, and I bit the bullet and booked for a week. I plan to be there from May 2-9.

Only now I'm realizing it's apparently Golden Week in Japan there. Am I going to be fucked traveling there during this? Or will it be alright?
>>
If you got a "stupid good deal" during Golden Week, then you got REALLY lucky. If anything, it should be more expensive around that time.

I don't think you will be too fucked. The Japanese, despite their reputation, are actually very proper, orderly people when it matters. I don't think you will come across too many inconveniences.
>>
>>1197878
Yeah, it was like $500 round trip. Someone said a lot of places might be closed for the holidays. Any merit to that?
>>
>>1197898
Even if that's true, I sincerely doubt most of them would matter to a tourist.

Hotels, bars, restaurants, amusement parks, movie theaters, and shopping centres are sure to be open.

Now, you might be hard pressed to find any corporate offices still open.

Basically, all the people with "real" jobs are given a break to spend some much needed time with their families, while everyone else is stuck working to pander to holiday people.
>>
>>1197898
Round trip from where? Murrica?

And yeah, you're utterly fucked. I had the misfortune of having just one national Japanese holiday in my month-long itinerary. The difference is staggering. Expect ridiculous crowds, queues, shouting through megaphones and tip-toeing all over the place like goddamn penguins. They all use their days off to do things they normally don't have the time to - and Japanese love domestic tourism. Restaurants will be packed, sights drowned in yellow hordes and hotels are probably all close to full already.
Seriously, book early. Preferably now.
>>
>>1197917
Yeah, America.

Was looking at some hotels last night already. I'm just solo traveling, and folks recommended one of those business hotels. I might try to snag a room there shortly then before it all fills up
>>
How did you find a flight that cheap? I had to shell out 1800 for round trip.
>>
>>1198042
There was a crazy deal from Canada Air yesterday for a couple cities around the States. Don't know why, but I jumped on it
>>
>>1198076
Generally that's because they would have a lot of vacant capacity if they didn't do something to boost traffic.
>>
>>1198042

You just have to wait and jump for tickets when you get the chance.

Only time I went to Japan was when my brother found some round trip tickets for $350. I don't know if it was a glitch or some sort of super promotional deal though.

Ever since our vacations are aligned about whatever deals my brother can find
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.