[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to dubai for work >it's ok >wouldn't want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 14

File: waitrosequeue.jpg (164KB, 870x580px) Image search: [Google]
waitrosequeue.jpg
164KB, 870x580px
>go to dubai for work
>it's ok
>wouldn't want to live there forever but it was interesting
>get back
>omg do you know how dangerous it is? they could have enslaved you and then cut your head off for having a beer, how can you support that? dubai has no culture I can't believe you'd go there anon, just because it was in sex in the city did you hear about the rape? I bet your employer stole your passport, did you eat camels? they eat camels there and everyone rides around in diamond-encrusted lamborghinis that they crash into prostitutes for fun and then throw them away and buy a new one

Why do people try to be experts in stuff they know nothing about? Pic related, that's what Dubai *actually* looks like.
>>
I'm willing to bet you're American.
>>
>>1197791
a lot of people confuse dubai for a saudi arabian city
>>
>Dubai has no culture
I see you've met a Real Traveller

It's how they make up for where they haven't been
>>
>>1197802
Not OP but people on this board who aren't Americans shit on Dubai all the time, amd Dubai is actually a popular tourist destination for African Americans, at least. Not quite sure where it ranks for white America.
>>
>>1197791

All the places in the world you could've visited and you decide to support that sandnigger shithole with your money, and expect us to side with you. Fuck you.
>>
>>1197791
because they're unhappy with their lives
>>
>>1197807
I found him: >>1197831
>>
>>1197791
Dubai gets a bad rep because a lot of people confuse "Baby's first Middle Eastern Country" for "This country has no culture"

Dubai is a kickass place to spend a holiday or even work for a little while, but lots of "real travelers" (see; freshly graduated American college students) seem to think a country can't have "culture" unless it's inherently filthy or unsafe
>>
Under risk of being accused of RealTravelerâ„¢ I'll say that I actually thought it was a city with no culture. Imo the city was frivolous and the minority of Arabs a bunch of entitled cunts; I was expecting a city frivolous city indeed where you could find everything the money could buy but instead I found myself surrounded by pakis and Filipinos, where the "megamall" was not so mega and it was nothing different than the ones in any developed country, where even the gold bazaar seemed artificial.
On the other hand I should say I only had a day for visiting the city since I was working in Abu Dhabi.. I got friends who visited much more stuff than I did, so I guess I still missed a lot
>>
>>1197894
The real travelers hate Dubai because they think they can't afford it, nevermind all of the third worlders who live their jist find. You can rent out a cheap flat/apartment/hotel for less than $20/day, and just because all the guady expensive stuff exists, there is another side of Dubai.
>>
>>1197894
>freshly graduated American college students

freshly graduated European college students
Ftfy. Americans, generally don't have RT "no culture" opinions about the Middle East. Those ignorant of the place either will take the camel fucker, opulence, sjw human rights abuse angle.
>>
>>1197894
>malls, shops and fancy cars are culture
oh you americans
>>
>>1197791
>>1197807

But Dubai has no culture and after studying there for a semester I would never want to go back unless I was paid to again.

Its an extremely boring place after you've gone and looked at the worlds largest this and the world's tallest that.

The one museum we found confirmed that for hundreds of years it was a desert wasteland with sand huts, then they found oil last century and built everything basically over night. Pretty much everywhere worth eating either has an imported chef or is a chain you can find elsewhere in the world. The only halfway different food we found was located in the section of the city where they let their slaves eat.

Abu Dhabi was slightly better but not by much. Really the only decent thing we did the entire summer was being whipped around the sand dunes in land rovers.

Went to Turkey after my semester was up and it was everything I had expected. Actual museums with tons of Islamic history and culture. Good but different food. Buildings more than a couple years old. The Bazaar put the fake ass spice market in Dubai to shame
>>
>>1197933
So you were hoping for Arabs with white robes everywhere and got mad because there were other non-locals ruining your "authentic" Arabian fantasy?
>>
Okay. Let's define what you are looking for when you say culture. Outside of the culture argument, do people go to Vegas for culture?

There is not much native culture, but visit all the ethnic enclaves where the local expats live and there is plenty of culture. Emirates are large minority kn their own country
>>
>>1197956
Vegas being one big party with something to entertain literally everyone young and old from all over the world is their culture.
>>
>>1197957
Dubai has that, too.
>>
>>1197966
With the addition of sports.
>>
>>1197950
not at all, I was expecting "some culture", as >>1197945 says, not even the food is typical. I definitely had different expectations: I imagined dubai as it's portrayed in the TV and how it was told it was "an amazing place where everything is possible" Instead I found what I described in the other post, a place where I can do all that I can do at my local mall but in bigger sizes; no personality at all. The only "culture" I can only remember is the Dubai museum in that old fortress with reconstructions of the life pre-1950.

>>1197956
you're right,, maybe the culture of dubai exactly the money culture.
I just felt absolutely disappointed and looked to me like a soulless city. I've never been in las Vegas so I cannot tell you
>>
File: Temple-of-Doom-Snake-Dish.jpg (175KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
Temple-of-Doom-Snake-Dish.jpg
175KB, 500x349px
>>1197975
>not even the food is typical
>>
but you posted russia

gtfo pls
>>
>>1197791
>Pic related, that's what Dubai *actually* looks like
I wanted to say that the crowd looks like just as in my local Auchan... But it IS my local Auchan, it's not Dubai lol.
>>
>>1197791
>>omg do you know how dangerous it is? they could have enslaved you and then cut your head off for having a beer

One of my college friend's was the son of an Exxon exec, and they lived in Dubai for several years. The alcohol laws are real, but apparently a lot of expats can just buy brewing equipment and make their own ale, beer, or wine in their homes and the authorities look the other way. It's only really illegal for citizens and those who try to sell it or give it to Muslims.

Never mentioned any problems with prostitutes or things either, but then he was pretty young when he was there.
>>
>>1197945
>was a desert wasteland with sand huts, then they found oil last century and built everything basically over night.
What about the UAE's pearl farming industry, which supplied most of the world's pearls until the 1950s when cultured pearls were invented?
>>
>>1197966
But no gambling, no alcohol, how the fuck can you party in Dubai?

Like, the Burj Al-Arab looks like it could be an amazing experience for a few weeks, but what is there to do other than sleep in this high-rise mansion? Whip around on Land Rovers in the dunes, sure. But what else? Shop?
>>
File: 655312801327609381.jpg (14KB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
655312801327609381.jpg
14KB, 320x214px
>>1197945
>old buildings are culture

The world's most remarkable cities like New York and Tokyo knock down old buildings on prime real estate all the time to make way for shiny new skyscrapers and essential infrastructure. Are you telling me New York and Tokyo have no culture?

Only stagnant Europoor cities like Paris (mini-Africa) and Rome insist on preserving every old peasant hut from 400 years ago. They are living in the past and don't feel like living breathing cities. They are pretty much theme parks at this point. No wonder Italy has one of Europe's highest emigration rates when their government refuse to foster industry because "muh heritage".
>>
>>1198028
>apparently a lot of expats can just buy brewing equipment and make their own ale, beer, or wine in their homes
BRB, contacting Vice in order to write an article about this (and make mad cash).
Happy new year to all you /travellers/!
>>
File: 00018456_medium.jpg (64KB, 639x426px) Image search: [Google]
00018456_medium.jpg
64KB, 639x426px
>>1198051
>the design
>the work
>the materials
>the people

>he doesn't understand what goes in a building

Why do people haul their asses half-way across the world to see said buildings in real life, senpai?
Why do people dedicate their life to building new ones?

You're a retard and if you don't know why, I don't think anyone can help you.

Yes, old buildings are culture. Cuisine is culture, song and dance are culture.
Anything that a group of people produces together is culture.

>the US has no old notable buildings
>must be that this is not important then

LMAOING AT YOUR LIFE
>>
>>1198058
Can anyone decipher this post for me please? English clearly isn't the writers first language. Probably a butt-hurt Frenchfag living in a damp, moldy, 500 year old shoe box in the slums without running hot water. But hey, at least it's "culture" lol
>>
>>1197791
>Pic related, that's what Dubai *actually* looks like.
How a place "looks" to a tourist is pretty equivalent to how my city looks to a tourist. But if you live there, read newspapers that aren't just your local media, talks to police officers, know government officials, have any idea other than a superficial vacation there, then you might find your experience more realistically artificial.
>>1197831
>All the places in the world you could've visited and you decide to support that sandnigger shithole with your money, and expect us to side with you. Fuck you.
This.

Dubai is like a suburban neighborhood with mall. It's new and nothing like the downtown area in any city in the world. But, it was built on the backs of slaves, yes, and indeed they are still there. If that doesn't irk you, or being somewhere where rights are nonexistent, or that there is indeed an element of risk being somewhere that not even your embassy can help you if you get in trouble, then nothing anyone can say to you will make logic. As far as it being a "culture," I'm sure it was fun for expats during the earlier construction years, where an expat community was kind of like the colonial days in other colonial outposts, where servants, dinners, excesses outside the law, was this barely tolerated but couldn't be stopped, you know, a rebellious kind of fun for being skilled and a first worlder. That ended at least 5 years ago.

Environmentally speaking, trashing the world's oceans is sad. Building seawalls destroys the nursery of the ocean, ending diversity in marine life permanently, but they did it anyway.
>>
>>1198059
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability

More your speed.
>>
>>1198060
>>1197831
>literally cannot conceive of people who travel for work-related reasons

Maybe if you had studied instead of "following your dream" of being a NEET, you too could have reasons for visiting places other than getting stoned in a hostel with a bunch of dirtbags wearing used clothes
>>
>>1198059
Real cute, anon
>>
>>1198032
There is gambling and alcohol in Dubai. The world's richest horse raceis there. It's the origin of the club cocktail "Blue Frog", which I wish more people outside of the Middle East knew about, it's hard to find, but I have had success explaining it and just getting charged for a Long Island.

But you thinking there is no gambling or alcohol is just the ignorance the OP was talking about
>>
>>1198123
How can they do that if they're Muslim?
>>
>>1198167
Not that guy, but non-muslim foreigners (i.e. the majority of people in Dubai) are allowed to bring in a certain amount of booze. Considering that your average business person is constantly coming and going, it's basically enough for anyone who isn't a raging alcoholic. Just about everyone has a stash of alcohol in their apartment, it really isn't a big deal.

Can't speak to the gambling as I'm not a gambler.
>>
>>1198173
There is also alcohol served in bars and clubs. And can be bought from duty free. There's a black/gray market, as well. But also ways to access duty free shopping even when not traveling. But the expense is why some brew their own, as stated in a previous post. Prices fine for casual drinkers, not prohibitovely expensive. Ok for tourists. But you'd be broke as a raging alcoholic. Unless rich
>>
>>1198179
>Foreigner in Dubai
>Not rich
What whitey would be working in Dubai and not be rich?
>>
>>1198185
Maybe it depends on your definition of rich

Rich compared to the paki construction workers? Sure

Rich enough to subsidize raging alcoholism? Many people live there who are not rich enough for that
>>
>>1198051
Using Tokyo is a bad example, there are tons of thousand plus year old places to visit there.
>>
>>1197791
>that russian words on background
>>
>>1198398
In Tokyo? Surely you are joking, or thinking of Kyoto. Tokyo/Edo as a city isn't really 1000 years old, for a long time they had problems with fires, and then there were the World War II bombings.

But if you can name five places in Tokyo that are older than a thousand years, I'd like to see it.
>>
>>1198051
The new buildings in Tokyo aren't packed exclusively full of chains I can find in literally every other first world country though.
>>
>>1198433
Not to mention that a lot of the chains you do find in Tokyo actually carry unique stuff that are only sold in Japan and even then a chain in one part of town can have a totally different selection than one on the other side of town while both carry Japanese exclusive things
>>
>>1198417
Not quite 1000 years old but theres a oyakodon restaurant in Ningyouchou thats been in existence since before America was a thing.
>>
>>1198029
Bahrain did pearls too
>>
Whats crazy, though is a lot of the criticisms of Dubai, the "slaves" and what not can be said for Oman, Jordan, and other places that are on /trv/'s list, Which brings me back to the point, backpackers hate Dubai because they can't afford it.
>>
>>1198488
>Oman, Jordan
These have more culture and history than UAE and Qatar
>>
>>1198713
No. They have a different culture and history than UAE. And that doesn't answer the question of "muh slaves", which aren't slaves, that people often give as an excuse for not traveling to Dubai, UAE. Those exist in the other Arab countries as well.
>>
>>1198752
Personally I find the slavery excuse a weak argument. However, it's not because it's too expensive either, Oman is just as expensive but I'd like to visit it. Oman is said to be more beautiful, but it could be just another Dubai for all I know.
>>
If I want Arabian culture, would Saudi Arabia be a better stop?
>>
>>1199154
If you want Arabian culture, go to Oman. And it's not like you can even get a tourist visa to Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>1198752

The slavery comes in the form of issuing exit visas for foreign workers, when a indian worker arrives to find his living conditions and wage no better than they had in India the first thing that they want to do is move back home right?

Well, the employer must sign off on the exit visa, and in most cases they wont until 'the investment of bringing them over here has been paid off', which can take years because they earn so little while trying to pay of their debt (the cost of their housing and airfare).

If that's not slavery, i'm not sure what is.

Also most of the UAE states sold their culture and heritage for dem USD's, its now just a generic arab mix culture.
>>
>>1198481
>>1198029
Yeah but do either of them ever reference that in museums or anything?
>>
Is Dubai even worth seeing? I've never been to the Middle East but Dubai is a stop on my route to Africa. Should I bother spending a day or two in the city before going on?
>>
File: WP_20140902_13_59_36_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3024x5376px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20140902_13_59_36_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3024x5376px
>>1199170
Bahrain does.
>pic related
>>
>>1199160
>The slavery comes in the form of issuing exit visas for foreign workers....

This is true of not just UAE, and not nearly the problem that it was. These days they just go to the police or embassy and complain. And the wages are higher than theymake back home. Unlike you, I actually lived/worked there and had a Bangladeshi manservant. Came with the rent. He made abdout 365 usd/month. My landlord was Indian, his partner Filipina. And the Asians and South Asians filled all kinds of job. UAE is actually one of the best over there when it comes to this because the human rights thing effects tourism and investment, and there are so few Emirates to begin with. I wish this slave meme would stop, unless you are talking about Saudi Arabia, and it's not even what it used to be there.
>>
>>1199221
>He made abdout 365 usd/month
enough for a normal life in Dubai i guess. Rents and food are cheap as fuck there.
>>
>>1197945
go to Doha

Dubai is glamorous, but it's all fake

I found Qatar to have an actual culture, with citizens who legitimately want to do something
>>
>>1197945
I guess the good thing about Indian is we know all the back streets, shitty areas of Dubai that have some of the best food in the world
>>
>>1199252
He actually had free boarding. He stayed on site at the villa. Plus I, and houseguests when I had them, tipped him and supplemented his income
>>
Whoever mentioned Oman, I second that
Go to Oman, but be warned, your entire perception of Arabs and Muslims will change

I can't believe Oman doesn't get enough credit for what it is. If Hollywood/media focused on Oman more, it might have a more positive impact on Muslims here, who think they have to be violent
>>
>>1199174
Its not worth paying extra for
>>
>>1199264
Oman doesn't make for sensational headlines

Oman is a place of idyllic beauty, not "interesting" stuff

I bet real travelers won't even go there
>>
File: file.png (525KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
525KB, 600x450px
>>1199264
C O M F Y
>>
>>1199260
This is another thing, that shows the slavery thing ia largely BS. The large numbers of Indians that travel to UAE, and other places in the Gulf, to visit family
>>
>>1199269
Yeah a lot of Indians who work in Dubai are in well of jobs.

Your salary for the same job with the same Indian degree is always going to be significantly higher in the Gulf, than in India.

There are legitimate concerns of Indians also going to work as labourers in shitty weather conditions, but if they didn't go, they would probably be doing the same thing back in Mumbai, building skyscrapers next to slums, with living/working conditions being a lot worse.

A lot of these people know what they are going into, and do it anyway, because they are making more money in Dubai, than in India.
>>
>>1199273
Working in international business, this is one of the first things you have to come to grips with, and something that many westerners, especially SJWs, don't seem to understand. You encounter things that by our standards seem harsh. Super low pay, long hours, from international companies for example. But that $2 they get is more than the $1 they'd get otherwise. And the conditions, though they wouldn't fly here, or an upgrade,or at least equal, to what they would be in otherwise.
>>
>>1197809
Toasted burger here and I dont know any black people that have gone to dubai, or even want to. its a white people thing as far as im concerned.
>>
>>1199292
I am in several black travel groups and Dubai is one of the destinations people are constantly posting pics from. The founder of this group does a meet up every year in Dubai. Only 6 slots left for the 2017 trip already. BTM has 36K members. Now you also have this against the number of black people who travel, and then bounce that against the even smaller number that travel across the Atlantic/Pacific. But for black people who travel, albeit that's a small number, Dubai is a popular destination. In addition I know black people over there as expats, school teachers, businessmen, engineers, and what not.
>>
Dubai was great to me, OP. Pretty sure the hate comes from the general dislike of arabian societies from america.
>>
>>1197791
Dubai is in Russia?
>>
I lived in Dubai for a good part of a year and I thought it was pretty nice. You definitely need to have money to enjoy the most out of it, in my opinion, but driving around the emirates was really nice and the people loved me since I was an American. I'd go back later but I definitely wouldn't choose it as my first place to go on vacation.
>>
>>1199264
>>1199267
>>1199268
What's so great about Oman? Specifics ideally
>>
>>1199299
I think a big part of that is that its the closest travel destination off the continent that isn't Europe, without all the baggage and expenses of an Africa trip.
>>
File: 20170104_003124.jpg (6MB, 4730x2660px) Image search: [Google]
20170104_003124.jpg
6MB, 4730x2660px
>>1199553
It's also a destination for upper rung blacks. Probably because of the opulence, and also blacks tend to do escapist travel. They want luxury, and nice things when they travel. At least most. I'm not that type, which is why I have to take vacations without my wife or send her and the family home and split them 50/50. You hear Dubai, and Abu Dhabi for that matter, mentioned in a lot of rap songs. Hell, Busta Rhymes had a popular song called, "Arab Money" back in 2009. I know Dubai is Tyrese's, an R&B singer and of the Fast and Furious films, home away from home.

When I worked out in the Gulf I honestly got treated better than my white, and even Hispanic, Western counterparts.
>pic related
Partying with some Saudis I met in the club while I was there. They actually mistook me for one of their friends at first. Which I found odd, based on my complexion. I was mistaken for Arab several times actually. I think it must have been the beard.
>>
File: file.png (430KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
430KB, 500x319px
>>1199524
It is a land of true idyllic beauty

It is actually really hard to describe it in words how magnificent this country is. A hidden gem of the Middle East. A quiet, idle utopia

Here I found this buzfeed article on Oman, and I know it's Buzzfeed, but this really sums it up.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/regajha/reasons-oman-should-be-the-next-country-you-visit?utm_term=.cm36g7R5D#.eax3OY4ER
>>
>>1199524
The nature and beauty was already mentioned. Another thing is the people. I found them some of the most welcoming and laid-back there is. Compared to other Arabs, Omanis are far less uptight. They are also not oil-rich so they haven't been spoiled by it, and locals actually do work.
>>
>>1199613
Interestingly, the do have oil, and sell it, but the leader Sultan Qaboos wanted to make sure the Omanis don't become like the rest of the Gulf, and he forced the locals to continue working, and for the normal industry to continue
>>
I was in the Emirates last January for a couple weeks.
While Dubai and Abu Dhabi are very modern and may not be very 'cultural' whatever that means, there are many other places that are less modern and more cultural.
Sharjah for example, which has the Museum of Islamic Civilization, or Al Ain.

And I spent two days in Oman while I was there, in Ibri, and it was very traditional, cultural. And it's only an hour or so across the border from Al Ain.
>>
>>1198060
They're sand niggers bro

Do you expect them to be humanitarian or environmentalists?
>>
File: 847.png (57KB, 616x599px) Image search: [Google]
847.png
57KB, 616x599px
>>1198051
>this is what Americans actually believe
>>
>>1198051
>>
I thought the no alcohol no prostitution thing was just a meme? I was under the impression that as long as you aren't muslim they will look the other way for almost anything

I was considering getting an internship there for a few months but if I wouldn't be able to drink or go out then there really wouldn't be any point as I already spent 6 months in a "culture less" city (Singapore)
>>
>>1200560
It is a meme. Did you not read the thread? >>1198123
Also:
https://massagerepublic.com/female-escorts-in-dubai

Much cheaper if you pick up un the ckub though.
>>
>>1200562
Even better is getting one to be your maid and fuck toy, if you will be there for awhile.
>>
>>1200562
I did read the thread, which is what made me doubt my previous thinking that it was accepted, since the only post that seemed to say there was alcohol was the post you linked

would you recommend a college kid to spend 3 months there during the summer if my only goal would be just drinking and chasing girls?
The money isn't an issue, everything would be paid for (rent, transport, food) and the job money (not sure how much) would just be extra spending cash
>>
>>1200565
Money not being an issue, sure. As much as the babbies here bemoan the Gulf, have you seen anyone who has worked/lived there that didn't enjoy it? One caution is Ramadan, though, if you would be there during the summer. Entertainment choices get a lot more limited
>>
>>1200567
Yeah I looked into that and, depending on when I go, Ramaden would be right at the start or a few weeks after I arrive
I usually make friends abroad through tinder (why from what I see is blocked in Dubai?) and going out to bars / clubs so that would probably fuck me over for that entire month
>>
>>1200568
You can find SEAs on Badoo and MeetMe.
>>
>>1197945
Dubai is the Vegas of the ME so what did you expect? Top destination for filthy rich drug traffickers, fraudsters and all manner of criminals from the UK who come to seek refuge in a nice little playground they can waste away their life and money in happily.

Its no secret the city is only a few decades old so why would you expect a 'culture' or old buildings? It's a tourist city. Built for tourist income. And it works well in that regard.
>>
I've been to Abu Dhabi and Dubai. It's pretty chill out there, certainly better than Doha. It amuses me, Qatar tries so hard to become the next UAE, but they're failing miserably. I live and work here as an expat. Sure, Qatar has all these shiny highrises, but what they don't tell you is that they're mostly empty. I was out for a walk the other day, and the lobby of this one highrise I walked by looked like nobody had been in there for months.
>>
Dubai is easily the worst major city I've visited
>>
>>1200565
Only if money is not an issue. Alcohol at hotels is insanely expensive (atleast 10 bucks for a single beer) and getting it illegally is pretty shady and only saves you a little bit of money.
>>
>>1200720
I think this is why buying blue frogs, and selling it by the pitcher, is popular.

Blue frog, tequila, vodka, rum, gin, blue curacao, (some will also add triple sec), topped red bull. Can't even taste the alcohol and strong as fuck
>>
>>1200560
You can in Dubai and Abu Dhabi

They have a shitload of Russian prostitutes, but me being a cheap fuck went for Malay/Indonesian ones

They also have African ones, that are reaaaaalllly cheap
>>
>>1197791
Just blow them off with a remark like "Well, I see you know all about it, I don't need to tell you any more."

Some people's ovaries just start bouncing around at the slightest hint of controversy. Not level headed, don't waste your time.
>>
so what's it really like? is everything expensive?

can you drink there? is the nightlife good (how easy is it to get alcohol)?

how easy is it to get a qt3.14 muslim gf?
>>
>>1200373
>cherry picking exceptions

Of course that cathedral is a masterpiece that should be preserved but you must admit that many European cities insist on keeping old and poorly insulated brick buildings with no hot water, no room for elevator shafts, and not up to fire safety codes. All in the name of "heritage". Probably why the continent is stagnant economically.
>>
>went to Hong Kong
>"So I heard you went to China"
>they're not wrong
>"So how was the Great Wall?"
>>
>>1199299
Black owmen especially, like to travel there (who also happen to be more educated and wealthier on average than black men). Which is kind of ironic, if you would believe they'd be treated how /trv/ and /pol/ would have you believe.
>>
>>1201382
>>
>>1201383
>>
>>1201383
A lot of black men are in the background of this one.
>>
>>1197791
>>1197809

American here.

I've been to Dubai twice. I'll be in Abu Dhabi on my next visit. However, I don't have any special interest in the Emirates. My uncle is the COO of a hospital there, so I try to stop by whenever I get the chance. Both the times I've gone were when I was flying from either Istanbul or Yerevan to New Delhi. For whatever reason, booking separate flights to Dubai and then from DBX to IGI is cheaper than going it all in one leg.

Anyway, most Americans I meet seem to have a good impression of Dubai. It seems to be regarded as a rare "safe" place in the Middle-East and has a reputation for good shopping, wealthy Arabs, beaches (lol), and decent nightlife.

I found Dubai interesting and wouldn't mind going back, but it's not somewhere to stay for more than four or five days max (unless you have a ton of money). Not a Real Traveler^TM, but I found the fucked up Indian and Paki part of town (north of the Creek) more interesting than the skyscraper area. My uncle lived near some park down the street from the Burj. There was a fucking Sheikh or Emir or whatever on the same road and lots of luxury cars in the driveways. He drove a Nissan, kek.
>>
>>1197791
> >pic related is what it actually looks like
>Cyrillic writing on signs
If it actually looks like that why can't you find a picture that's actually from the UAE to support your claim?
>>
>>1201402
Honestly thought it was the first mall I went to in the country until I noticed the writing and the lack of people dressed traditionally
>>
>>1201402
>>1201416

I think OP was making a joke about Dubai, senpai.
>>
>>1201522
?
>>
>>1197791
>dubai
>cyrillic
wut
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.