[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm booking a two week solo trip to Nepal. Ive always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (9KB, 367x137px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 367x137px
So I'm booking a two week solo trip to Nepal. Ive always wanted to do it, I have a about $5k AUD after flights to do it. Anyone been before or know much about prices there? Should I book a guided tour or just do it alone?
>>
>>1197397
>two week

That's a really short time frame if you intend to do any of the main treks.

>$5k AUD after flights to do it. Anyone been before or know much about prices there?

It's pretty hard to spend money in Nepal unless you're buying a bunch of alcohol and hash every day. I spent < US$500 in 4 weeks, excluding flights to Lukla

>Should I book a guided tour or just do it alone?

You haven't given any indication as to what you want to do. Nepal is pretty safe (excluding traffic accidents) and english is widely spoken. You don't absolutely need a guide unless you go trekking in a region in which the government requires one. However I'd recommend a guide if you do any mountain treks. They are fairly cheap (US$20/day) and probably a good idea if you're trekking alone
>>
Is Nepal still worth it even after the quake wrecked shit?
>>
>>1197401

Yeah. The temples in kathmandu were still fucked up, but beyond that everything was fine
>>
>>1197400
thanks for the reply. I wasn't planning on doing any serious trekking, honestly I was just going to get there and plan my next step after. I'm going to Japan for two weeks prior to Nepal and I cant go over a month off work at the moment. If I was going to do a short teck could I buy everything and book it over there?
Thats good news about the money side of it.
>>
>>1197407

There really isn't anything exciting to do besides trekking. Your choices are to:

1. increase your chances of lung cancer by being in kathmandu
2. smoke hash all day long in Pokhara (I recommend this)
3. Chitwan safari (Also recommend this)
4. go trekking (Definitely recommend this)

If you have only 2 weeks, (an)other destination(s) might be better suited. If you're going to Japan, you could always hit up Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong
>>
>>1197416
Damn I'm thinking this half assed idea wasn't so good after all. I'll look into trekking more and see if theres something short. If not ill go do something else, thanks for your advice.
>>
>>1197420

Cheers bro. You can always save Nepal for another trip when you have more time. Trekking up to Gokyo lakes was the best trip I've ever done and well worth the vacation time spent
>>
I have a similar thing planned and also a couple of questions.

1.) Is Bardia really that much better than Chitwan?
2.) What are some neat, less known places to stop at on the road from Kathmandu to Chitwan and from Chitwan to Pokhara? Tansen seems fun, has anyone been there?
>>
>>1197420
Annapurna is a pretty short trek that you could easily squeeze in the 2 week time frame. Definitely hit up Pokhara, I was just there 2 weeks ago, one of my favourite cities I have ever been to.
>>
what's the typical amount of time spent in Nepal? 4 weeks?
>>
>>1198299

Seemed to be the case when I was there. That was plenty of time to trek, visit kathmandu and pokhara, and do chitiwan. The pollution and diarrhea tend to wear on you after about 2 weeks
>>
>>1198294
There are two Annapurna treks. I guess you mean the Sanctuary one. I'm also going to go two weeks this October/November and I was checking all the possible treks.

As Everest Base Camp and Annapurna circuit are too long for two weeks I narrowed down to Lantang Valley, Makalu and Sanctuary. As the former ones have been affected by the quake there is only the Annapurna Sanctuary one left. It actually seems a fine trek and you can even combine it with the poon hill but there are some things to consider:

-By being one of the most accesible treks might also be quite crowded (especially Oct/Nov) and I even read that lately there are plenty of chinese tourists that go there en masse
- I read that there are plenty of steps and while this shouldn't be bad per se I just don't want to miss on the wild side. I just don't like treks that look too urban or something
>>
File: IMG_6645.jpg (6MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6645.jpg
6MB, 5184x3456px
>>1197479
I stayed in Bandipur a smaller town that's off the main highway between pokhara and Kathmandu, it's extremely quiet and laid back with friendly locals who aren't rushing to make a quick buck off an unassuming tourist.

There are some great vistas of rolling hills, and a lot of quick hikes to smaller neighboring villages, and clean air, as they don't allow vehicles down their main strip.

I stayed there for 16 days and met what i found to be the friendliest, most genuine people in the country.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.