[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got interested recently in New Zealand. But don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 45901_new-zealand.jpg (81KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
45901_new-zealand.jpg
81KB, 640x360px
I got interested recently in New Zealand.
But don't know too much about it.
What things do you like or you recommend to do?
>>
Queenstown; in fact the South Island > North Island
>>
Just finished my week vacation in the north island. What do you wanna know?
>>
>>1197428
It seems south island has more nature for ecotourism or adventure trips and the north is more cosmopolita... Or am I wrong?

>>1197557
Must-see spots (urban and naturals) and shows/events (tipically from there), foods should not miss (and where if possible), any warnings should I know, hostel/hotel for staying (I would say for visiting the zone of Queenstown, Wellington, Christchurch and the zone of Auckland/the city of the Hobbiton movie set)
>>
Fly into Auckland, stay there for a few days, longer if you like it. Climb a few vulcanos, enjoy the local beaches, go out/get steamed, just walk around, idk.

Then go onto the Internet and buy a Kiwi bus pass, look out for their 50% off deals. Then just ride the bus around, stay a day or two in each place, or longer of course if you like it there. Then either finish in Christchurch or go back up to Auckland.
>>
I plan to travel there too, any tips? best places?
>>
>>1197602
Waitomo glowworm cave was neat, no pics though
Rotorua Maori villages were really cool, the food tastes like thanksgiving.
Piha beach was amazing. Try the steak pies at the nearby restaurant, coffee too.
The Luge and Gordola was really fun. I went too fast and got a little scrapped up on a turn.

Queen St Auckland I found a cashmere scarf on sale for 80 bucks, 70% off boxing day sale. It's summer there so it'll be useful when i go back to korea(which is fucking cold).

Fortoni?? Some italian restaurant in auckland was the best steak I've had in my life. It was next to the "Soul" restaurant. Close to the bridge.

I bought weed off a homeless guy 30minutes before buying the scarf.

I got a lot of matches on tinder but the holiday season made it rough to meet. Plus i was goin all over the place.

So overall 8/8 trip m8 wld recommend.

Ah also i almost fought a Maori guy because of me being a dumb American driver and i flipped him off.
>>
>>1197602
>warnings
>>1198099
This is a more detailed exp with the Maori guy
>>>1197539

Use ya fockin indicators for everything.
>>
File: waiheke.png (656KB, 690x452px) Image search: [Google]
waiheke.png
656KB, 690x452px
Just went and had a fucking blast. Rented a car and drove from Auckland to Wellington (didn't go to the south Island, although everyone felt obligated to let me know the South Island is better than the North).

A lot of people rent camper vans and do trips like that, but since I didn't do that I don't know much about it. What are you interested in seeing/doing?
>>
>>1198137
Do you have a map of your tour?
>>
>>1198099
>Ah also i almost fought a Maori guy because of me being a dumb American driver and i flipped him off.
It's a good thing you didn't do that in Manurewa, you would have had a hammer through your windshield.

>>1197374
I live in the North Island and there are only two places I am willing to go to, Mt Ruapehu during the winter, and the Coromandel Peninsula during the summer.
If you're in Auckland there are quite a lot of hikes and waterfalls you can visit in the Waitakere ranges, you can visit Waiheke island and look at all the old emplacements meant to defend Auckland from a Japanese invasion, can go to Long bay or Piha, two of the best beaches in the Auckland region.
>>
>>1197374
I live in NZ. Auckland and Wellington are cool.
But the two places I'd recommend are Coromandel - Cathedral Cove is probably my favorite place in NZ. It's beautiful. And Rotorua.
>>
>>1198209
I don't.
We spent 2 and a half days in Auckland, A day and a half in Rotorua, a night in Palmerston North, and a day in Wellington.

I would recommend everywhere I mentioned except Palmerston North, it's shit.
>>
Probably the best way to do it is fly long haul into christchurch. Stay there a day, fly to queenstown and then get a tour to milford sound. you can go to the southern bit of the south island but you'll only see seals and maybe a shabby tuatara. after your tour to milford you'll be back in queenstown, its the only way into milford but it's still a four hour drive. get a rental car, go up the west coast to nelson or picton, catch the plane from nelson to wellington or ferry from picton. the cool bits on the east coast of the south are currently closed for a couple years. stay in wellington a bit then catch a bus/train up to taupo area, see the volcoanos. bus train then to auckland and fly out
>>
>>1200238
you could also do the bay of islands north of auckland but its also a long drive. And you could do the tacky maori and hot pool stuff in rotorua on your way past taupo
>>
I spent 7 weeks there in September and October of last year. If you have any questions let me know. I traveled 3 weeks around the North Island and then 4 weeks around the South Island. I went from the very north tip in Cape Reinga to Slope Point in the South Island. I didn't go to any of the other islands as they were too expensive.

South Island is definitely more beautiful. The Southern Alps are amazing, there are so many spots there with just stunning scenery that you can spend months there and still not see it all. My top-3 spots were Marlboro Sounds, Mt Cook, and the Catlins. But Wanaka and Queenstown were also amazing and definitely can't be missed. The cities themselves in New Zealand are shit. No one goes there for the cities, it's all about the outdoors. In 49 days I did 23 day hikes (unfortunately I didn't do any of the multi day trails because of the weather conditions during the months I was there). Yeah, it's an amazing country to visit, I loved it there but at the same time I don't know if I will ever go back, it's not a country I really would want to live in and I feel live I've seen practically all it has to offer.
>>
>>1197374
rent a quad, go to 90 mile beach with a freind
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.