[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am not a weaboo, or interested in Japanese history to a crazy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

I am not a weaboo, or interested in Japanese history to a crazy extent like some, I dont play video games, and I like my women 3D. However I keep tossing around the idea of going to Tokyo solo this April.

>Do you guys think it would be a good trip for me?

I feel like I may be romanticising it in my head and in reality I would run out of shit to do pretty fast.
>>
You know that here you post as an anonymous so you don't need to find excusesm
Be assured, in Tokyo you will satisfy all your weeb fetishes. Also its a huge, fun and functioning metropolis.
>>
>>1196737
Hit up the japan general thread and skim through it to see what others are doing to get ideas then. "they aren't weeaboos either"
>>
If you honestly aren't a weaboo (protip, you are) there is no reason to go to Japan.
>>
>>1196845
Well if you like old temples, history, or hiking there can be, but if you are into those things you probably already know where you should/want to go.
>>
No. Japan has a strict singles policy.
>>
>>1196851
OP said he wasn't into those things.
>>
>>1196737
Tokyo is an unusual city and certainly worth a visit for a 3 days or so. Is there an itinerary that interests you or would you thinking just the city? Are you a foodie OP? There are plenty of try-it dishes and restaurants you might enjoy yourself, and I think it's one of the big draws of food cities like Kyoto for sure, but people have fun with the vending machines and food courts for strangeness. Do you adore funky fishy seafood? Kind of a must. Do you like to shop for odd things, and would you or anyone you'd shop for wear their petite sizes in clothing and shoes? Could you do a meet up with locals who have a similar interest, even a specific one...get online and figure that out? Those three things might get you going with enjoyment.
I honest to god don't give a shit about their history, weapons, religions, nor (much of the) art, myself. It's just simply not my taste, but their fabrics are gorgeous. I did enjoy the novel, which might at least give you a background on some period of lives their WW2 pre-history that you can visit in person in Kyoto (walking tour, dinner show, tea ceremony, costume makeover try-on).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memoirs_of_a_Geisha
There are some cool things you can explore if you like modern architecture and old fashioned gardens. And certainly there's people watching up the wazoo, from early morning exercise in the park, to wannabe bikers, to doll-faced schoolchildren in their cosplay interestingness.
>>
I know this is considered a meme and untasteful, but can you fuck whores in Japan? I have always heard they wont let whites fuck their women or some shit because the yakuza run the redlight district.
>>
>>1197209
no, mainly because your common sense and thinking ability is as empty as a repulsive teenager.
>>
>>1197472
Why are so many people on /trv/ pretentious?
>>
>I'm not a weeaboo, but...

Come out of the closet, anon.
>>
>>1197617
Why does everyone think people on 4chan are weebs? I literally despise anime and anime culture but this is the only website I know of with a constant flow of fresh information (aka constant shitposting)
>>
>>1197659
Self-loathing weebs are my favourite kind, keep going.
>>
>>1196737
Go in January 8th and watch sumo live for me. I won't be able to go.
>>
>>1197699
>>1197699
How often do they have Sumo Matches?

Ill be there early July.
>>
tokyo is a world class city, on the same level of international significance as NYC or London. It's infinitely fascinating and you will never run out of things to do. Japanese culture is objectively incredible. No need to be a 'weeb' to appreciate it.
>>
>>1198000
Personally I'd say theres more to do in Tokyo than NYC, especially if you start including the surrounding area.
>>
>>1198016
And dramatically nicer to spend time in, too.
>>
>>1197699
not op here, but i'll be in tokyo the 8th. where's the sumo? i want to see that (even though no one else i'm going with does).
>>
>>1198034
nevermind, i quit being a lazy shit and googled it. presale is sold out, but i'm considering getting up early as fuck the day of and getting a general admission ticket.
>>
>>1196749
lol
>>
>>1196737
Same here, I have low expectations of the capital since I can't find a reason to travel there.
>>
>>1198382
You can pretty much do everything you can imagine in Tokyo + the surrounding areas.

If you can't find anything to do in Tokyo you're simply a boring person
>>
>>1198445
Can I visit a gun range like I can any city in the US, didn't think so. Tokio is shit
>>
>>1196845
Honestly, fuck you.
I feel the same way as OP did/do and Japan is one of my favorite countries I've been to. The anime-weaboo culture is much smaller than you'd think.
Japan is fucking great, fucking beautiful and really great overall. Super nice people and super nice food and excellent vaginas.
>>
>>1196845
OP *Looks in mirror at his dickout fursuit totoro cosplay. Oh shit guess I am
>>
>>1197580
To be fair it was a stupid fucking question. Not defending that anon for being a dick but Japan is a first world country for fuck's sake.
>>
>>1198887
>excellent vaginas
wut

(I've never been so I wouldn't know)

in all honesty I just want to derail the thread into the lamest conversation possible on /trv/
>>
File: 1405040306065.jpg (120KB, 474x528px) Image search: [Google]
1405040306065.jpg
120KB, 474x528px
>>1197472
>>
Go to a love hotel by yourself
>>
I'm not a weeb and I'm currently in Tokyo. I went to Kawaguchiko and Aokigahara yesterday and it was amazing.

Honestly, I've been here 9 days so far and anime has been a very low percentage of Tokyo in general. It was popular in Shibuya and Akihabara but that's about it.
>>
>>1197699
Ha. The sumo stadium is right across the street from my hotel but I leave Tokyo the morning of the 8th
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.