[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What city is the best for young adults to live in and why? Particularly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

What city is the best for young adults to live in and why? Particularly in the USA. Ill start!

San Diego:
- Perfect weather.
- Great beaches
- Attractive men and women.
- Right next to Mexico and cheap parties
9- Close proximity to a variety of music festivals. (Coachella and Stage Coach)
>>
>>1196434

don't forget crazy stupid high rent, liberal morons, and mexicans
>>
the beaches are horrible and dirty around there these days. You are like 30yrs off for that.
>>
>>1196437
>>1196451

Contribute ya nubs.
>>
>>1196434
Melbourne, Australia

Tons and tons of young people live here due to the number of universities (8 legit ones and tons of shitty ones for foreign students). Australia also draws in a lot of backpackers so there are places catering to them as well. There are bars and clubs and venues for all types of partying, whatever you're used to back home is here and there will likely be more of it and in more variety. A lot of summer festivals here as well.

The job prospects are good here, easy to find a job if you're not a shithead. It's an expensive city but you can manage to find good spots in the centre for cheap if you share the apartment with others. Food is amazing. Sports events all year long. Art scene is quite something compared to what I'm used to in Canada.
>>
>>1196434
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

First off, Best food in the world, Top-tier partying, NOLA is 45 minutes away, easy to get a job, LSU games, god-tier outdoors and hunting/fishing, mostly conservative, niggers are to a minimum, top 5 happiest city in America

Do i need to keep going?
>>
File: Unknown-3.jpg (13KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-3.jpg
13KB, 275x183px
Thoughts on Denver?
>>
>>1196492
>niggers to minimum
>50.4% black
>>
>>1196547
Expensive
>>
>>1196434
>san diego
>perfect
sure. if you like living in a mall with a population of 1,000,000.

i've been there 3 times over the last 20 years, and each time i vow i'm never going back.
>>
>>1196434
Good thread, fellow young adult. Have a good discussion, young adults.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NEZRPzNF2Q
>>
File: 1478387461593.jpg (57KB, 490x337px) Image search: [Google]
1478387461593.jpg
57KB, 490x337px
>>1196560
>>1196555

Contribute wrecked anons!
>>
Lakewood, OH
>>
>>1196809
I live in downtown Cleveland, also fairly legit.
>>
>>1196434

Miami is top tier

>tons of latinas begging for dick
>warm year round
>diverse food
>big party scene if you're into that shit
>>
>>1196434

San Diego has all the military bases and also has a very high COL. You'll be paying to compete with milfags.

Los Angeles is much better or Las Vegas. Or Arizona
>>
>>1196885
>Never get to experience winter
Honestly i like winter, and the fucking summers are too fucking much

plus there is almost no outdoor shit or hunting

Miami is 7/10
>>
Eugene, Oregon
Do you want a job? Of course you don't you're young! Luckily, there weren't any anyway so no parent pressure.

Are you poor? Just join one of Eugenes busy yet clean street corners and wear your worst clothes, if you look pitiful enough people will just hand you money! Sweet! Beats Headphones just a few weeks away!

On a diet, let me tell you, its easy. You have more stores selling health food per capita and the least choice and variety in fast food restaurants. Popeyes, Zaxbys, Chic-fil-a, In-N-Out, Churches? Nada here!

Plus you can go outside, there is everything to do here, which is good because Eugene has nooooo nightlife! Too bad its cloudy and raining half the year but ignore that! It never rains in Autzen!
>>
>>1196901
Sounds fucking awesome!
>>
Research triangle area of NC is pretty underrated imo. Great weather year round, great outdoor culture, young and wealthy population, beaches and mountains within driving distance, east coast so is easy to travel to most of the more interesting tourist cities in the US. Also it's southern (barely) and once you've lived in the south you never want to go anywhere else.

Also honorable mentions to Scottsdale AZ and San Marcos TX but they're not big enough to qualify as cities
>>
>>1196547

I live in Denver. It's full of the fake outdoorsy types stuck in a rat race paying Cali prices but earning mid west wages. Everyone brags about how Denver has great outdoors activities which is true but no one really goes to the mountains. Plus we have a crazy homeless population and tons of immigrants who don't respect american culture. Huge income inequality too. Tbh just rent a cabin here and live somewhere else. Anyone here live in Atlanta?
>>
>>1196437
bitter retard
>>
>>1196492
lol there are tons of black people in Baton Rouge. And don't assume everyone here is an alt-righter.
>>
NYC

>all types of people
>diverse in many different ways
>extremely urban
>great public transportation
>great food
>great nightlife
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (8KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
8KB, 188x268px
>>1197035

Im just worried about the move. I live in long Beach right now so that would be a cross country journey. But ill have my degree and tons of serving experience. I want that Urban living experience before i get too old. Im 27 atm.

Worth???

>>1197025

As for Denver, are the women hot and does the city still maintain its American heritage?This city is my top choice when i move. Hit me with a real synopsis of the city.
>>
>>1197055

IF you have a job lined up, it's definitely worth a try. You should visit first of course, to see how you like it.
>>
>>1196434
Id say try your luck in Detorit. Super cheap now. Revitalize it
>>
>>1197055
qt
>>
>>1197055

it's not worth it unless you're a multi millionare

t. new yorker
>>
>>1197055
it's worth it as long as you have a half decent job.
t. new yorker
>>
>>1197141

a half decent job pays 120k

t. actual new yorker unlike this faggot
>>
>>1196434
I live in San Diego, and unless you make 100k+ a year, you're going to be struggling. That and the amount of youth culture pales in comparison to Chicago, where I used to live. Chicago has lots of nightlife, a strong art and music scene, comedy shows every night, really almost anything you can ask for (except good weather). They have built up, so there is a lot more available housing options than san diego, where most building legally cant be more than two stories.
>>
>>1196492

Just getting over a massive flood. Had cops shot by soldier who was angry about unarmed black people shot.
>>
>>1196814
Cleveland has a metro(rapid). Should have more people there.
>>
>>1196492
>easy to get a job
Doing what?
>>
>>1196434
Actual question to you USbros. I'm going to start my PhD this autumn in states and I decided to apply to the universities in the following areas:

LA,
Boston area,
Atlanta,
Austin,
Lansing, Michigan.

Obviously I will most likely pick the best university I will get accepted to, but I am curious about what you can tell me about these areas. I'm 23 yo, rather introvert but I'd like to make some friends outside my faculty to go to some concerts and do shit together (so I'm interested in how friendly are people there and what can one do in these cities). It'd be also extremely cool if there would be some natural attractions within or near the state (I always wanted to backpack across national parks in US). All I know is that Lansing is a shithole, for LA I must get my driving license asap and that Boston is p comfy.
>>
File: 4.jpg (342KB, 1600x831px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
342KB, 1600x831px
>>1197163
Boston is your best bet, it's great and the T goes all the way to Providence technically. You'll need a car anywhere else. And Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont are beautiful.
>>
>>1196434
What's the best city in Canada for young adults to live in? The only decent ones seem like Montreal and Halifax. Toronto and Vancouver are way too expensive. Would I have better luck living in the UK or Aus?
>>
>>1196560
Isn't the mall a popular place for young adults? Gas Lamp party scene, beaches. Really, affordability aside, what is San Diego missing that the average young adult would want? Not OP, btw. I don't even like San Diego, or California in general. But for what the OP stipulated I see why San Diego would be a good fit.
>>
>>1196434
None of them. Young adults need to live in the country. Cities turn people into soft, useless, over-entitled babies.
>>
>>1197192
Its literally the opposite though. I have family in the country and all the young people around them are either obese and living with their parents or alcoholics with 3 kids by 20. Living on your own in the city takes independence and streetsmarts any socially awkward moron in the country can be a wal mart shelve stocker
>>
File: images-3.jpg (11KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
11KB, 268x188px
>>1197163

The Boston area has way more US history and 4 seasons. But can't stay its better than LA or Austin. Boston, LA and Austin would be the best options.

California has sunshine all year and LA has a lot of stuff going on. Close proximity to San diego and Las vegas and music festivals. The city does have its flaws though!
>>
Richmond VA.

CHEAP rent (like 300/month), top music scene, great food, slutty hipster girls
>>
>>1197335
LA is too spread out to meet girls easily though and less variety of women than nyc
>>
San Diego is great for young people.

SF is king for mid twenties and above.

Honestly, CA is the best place in the world. You Americans need to appreciate your residency status and move there.

t. European who has been to 49/52 states.
>>
>>1197346

> top music scene

Yeah, if you like shitty country/bluegrass/folk.
>>
>>1197354
>imperative "muh lamb of god" reply

But I've heard some interesting funk shit
>>
>>1197352
SF was ugly women though. Very liberal, often fat and only white or asian. GOAT food and good aesthetic tho
>>
All this SD talk and no mention of TJ.

for shame /trv/
>>
>>1196434
Excuse me OP, I've been living in San Diego my whole life and I'm trying my best to move.

Only because I feel like living somewhere new, I can't in good conscience deny the fact that San Diego is a fucking paradise.

>>1196451
San Diego actually has some intensely conservative pockets but they're about as dumb as you and the rest of them
>>
>>1199075
What happens in TJ, stays...
>>
>>1197008
I'm actually there right now haha, it's always been one of my favorite places but I don't ever bring it up because people just assume it's shit teir. I'm right down the street from Crabtree valley mall
>>
>>1197346
300 bucks a month for rent in Richmond, get out of here with that shit. Richmond is an okay city at best, congrats on putting the town you live in up here for no other reason than wanting some recognition.. Lame.
>>
>>1197163
Where are you coming from, OP? The UK? I wonder if Boston wouldn't feel more familiar to you, while Austin or Cali might feel a little different and more "American".

Personally, I have a soft spot for Austin (and Texas generally) having spent the most time living there. I feel like a fellow introvert would fit in there better than in LA or Boston. Just my two cents
>>
>>1199487

OP here,

Thanks for the information! I live in Long Beach at the moment, finishing up my last semester till i graduate. Trying to get everyones opinion on their favorite American city. Looking to move the moment i finish college.

Looking for proximity to out doors and a city that is not as big of a city as LA. Denver seems like a dope spot but i have heard a lot of good things about Texas. Austin would be the city that i would move to in that state.
>>
>>1196809
Cleveland heights is better fuck lakewood
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.