[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Snow Tourism? I'm a Florida boy, seen a bit of snow here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: deep-snow.jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deep-snow.jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
Snow Tourism?

I'm a Florida boy, seen a bit of snow here and there at the top of mountains, but because I usually do my traveling my car, I've had to avoid snow for practical reasons.

I want to see snow covered landscapes and towns. What do you suggest?

Colorado is beautiful in fall, I imagine winter is crazy as well.

I've always wanted to see Alaska. What time of year would be best? I hear the coldest months are too dark and depressing.

Any experience with Iceland? Worth the extra money?

These are just a few places I've heard suggested from friends. Where and when do you guys suggest?
>>
>>1195720
Could always go to rural Canada. Even somewhere like Montreal is usually covered in a few feet of snow come February. Avoid Toronto, it gets no snow for some reason, it's just cold and windy.
>>
>>1195737
It is beautiful or is that just a stereotypical snowy place? Also, isn't snow in a major city like Montreal gonna be dirty as hell?

Also, what's the best logistics to visit snow?
>>
File: Polarlys.jpg (69KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Polarlys.jpg
69KB, 800x600px
I found taking the Hurtigruten up the coast of Norway in February worked well to see snow. Bergen was rainy, but Trondheim and north was definitely snowy. The prices are relatively low in February, and in the few clear nights you might see the Aurora Borealis.
>>
File: gatineau.jpg (1MB, 3648x2736px)
gatineau.jpg
1MB, 3648x2736px
>>1195751
Honestly, Montreal usually has enough snow falling that there's always a fresh layer. I lived there for a number of years and most of the time there was good amounts of snow. Rural parts will be more beautiful though, especially if you go somewhere out west in the mountains. Really though, anywhere outside of the main cities gets very nice and snowy in the winter. I have fond memories of skiing in Gatineau as a kid (pic related is some random pic of Gatineau off Google, pretty typical of the trails though) and cross-country skiing anywhere is a great thing to do in the winter time up here.
>>
Northern west coast dude aka washington,british columbia colorada prob.aswell also western alberta,thats where I am at the moment
>>
What's the best time of year to see Alaska?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.