[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Day 1 >get Airbnb for Tokyo >room doesn't have AC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Day 1
>get Airbnb for Tokyo
>room doesn't have AC although the listing says it does
>6° at night
>can't message host because he is not verified on Airbnb (yet he is a superhost with tons of fake reviews I guess)
>call host, doesn't pick up
>call Airbnb, host picks up, tells them he will contact us
>he doesn't
Day 2
>call host, doesn't pick up again
>call Airbnb again, they can't reach host either
>we tell Airbnb we want our money back
>they cancel our order (doesn't look like we get refunded yet)
One hour later
>host messages us why we cancelled
>explain the whole thing
>he doesn't respond

It doesn't look like Airbnb is getting back to us at this point but I payed via Paypal, do you think they will figure out some solution? The host is clearly in the wrong here and Airbnb granted us a $150 hotel stay which is nice but that's the last thing we've heard from them.

Any experience with stuff like this?
>>
You paid directly to the host by paypal? You should pay only to airbnb, otherwise it's a violation of the terms.
>>
>Insta-book a place in Cairo
>Host says it's not available
>Tell him to cancel me
>Doesn't respond
>Insist on him cancelling me and saying stuff like "Im going to get my bank involved"
>Refunded.jpg

I got my money back and $60 AirBNB credit to use in the future.
Used it on a place that I was scraping the ceiling with my head. I'm 6'2" and that's not optimal.

They e-mailed me 2 times after that to make sure everything was alright. Pleasantly surprised to be honest. You got your money back and enough credit, right? What more do you want to hear from them?
>>
>>1195679
Hopefully you enjoy the rest of your trip. Unfortunately, you may have made a big mistake by paying outside of Airbnb so hopefully you get your money back.
>>
>>1195680
>>1195687
I paid at Airbnb but via Paypal

>>1195685
I hope it will turn out similar to us
>>
File: 1482000485579.jpg (110KB, 618x768px)
1482000485579.jpg
110KB, 618x768px
>>1195679
>can't message host because he is not verified on Airbnb
I stopped reading here, you fucked up if your host wasn't verified. You literally have no one to blame other than yourself
>>
>>1195704
He is a superhost m9
>>
>>1195679

>visiting Japan
>try to book a place
>host doesn't respond in time
>query it
>"sorry, not renting then"
>see the listing stays up during that time
>see a person rented it at the same time, according to review
>book different place
>book an apartment for 2 months in Tokyo
>£800 per month
>host lives in a house behind the apartment
>polite, friendly and helpful
>place is a little small, but clean, and has all mod cons apart from oven
>1 month in, we want a friend to stay
>host brings a spare mattress and asks if we need anything else
>now booking more AirBnB rooms around Kyoto and Haroshima

It seems like the earlier you book, the safer you are.
>>
>>1195708
yeah and you got super fucked.
>>
>>1196106

That actually made me giggle.
>>
>>1196106
OP here, I kekd but still I don't think I did anything wrong.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.