[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you calm yourself before a flight when planes are literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

How do you calm yourself before a flight when planes are literally falling out of the skies
>>
By not being a pussy and thinking logically your way more likely to die in the car ride to the airport than on the plane itself
>>
Commercial-Pilot Fag here, so shoot away with any questions you might have

Personally I was never afraid of flying so its pretty hard for me to put myself in your shoes but I'll give it a try.
The important thing to realize is that your worries or nervousness do not at all affect the situation that you are in. If the plane should be going down it does not matter if you were nervous or not.
Try to put your trust in the captain and in his or her crew. They went through a lot of training to deliver you safely (with plenty of pilots having military experience) also all of the crew on the ground ensuring that the planes stay in shape.

Probably pretty awful advice, but I've tried my best
>>
>>1195549
Now is not the time for fear
>>
>>1195671
Is taking of really the most dangerous moment of flying and has there ever been danger from turbulence
>>
>>1195671

Pilot Anon, I am much more hesitant to fly on Asian airlines because I'm afraid of lack of quality of service and less training of the pilots. Is this a /pol/ tier fear or should I not worry about Asian pilots?
>>
>>1195549
I once quoted this line while sitting in the emergency exit row of a plane. Thank god I'm white.

To answer your question, OP, just acknowledge that there's nothing you can do to influence the situation other than not fly and that you're more likely to die driving down the street than when you fly. Always helps me.
>>
>>1195796
> Is taking of really the most dangerous moment of flying

Yes, definitely. A loss of an engine during takeoff can be quite disastrous even for skilled crews - while a loss of an engine at cruise altitute is fairly unspectular.
However being how the takeoff is the most intense part of flying it is also the most practiced manuever - and the crew will be on high alert too.

>has there ever been danger from turbulence

For most modern airliners the danger from turbulences is very minimal - especially considering that the harshest ones are usually not crossed through but instead avoided.
As for passengers inside the plane you should definitely put on your seatbelt when you are instructed to do so, as injuries during harsher turbulences are somewhat common (though even these ones don't break the plane).

>>1195901
I would say that nowadays it is a rather stupid fear. As far as ground crews go there have been great efforts made over the past decade(s) about ensuring quality control all around the world. As far as training goes it depends on the airline. Some of the bigger, more prestigious airlines actually do parts of their training abroad (SG Airlines is doing most of it at Lufthansa in Germany nowadays) however with smaller airlines there may be quality differences (but these also can be found with smaller airlines anywhere in the world).
>>
File: 1469350971714.gif (2MB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
1469350971714.gif
2MB, 400x265px
>>1195669
This first.

Second, food.
Third, booze.
Fourth, talking to people next to me.
Fifth, at some point I stopped caring if I live or die. Just looked for the nearest pair of tits to grab.
>>
>>1195549
same as when you enter a car>>1195669
>>
crashing this plane(of existence)
>>
>>1195924
Ok pilot kun (or anyone) please answer following

>chances of survival of a water landing
>at what point do you start panicking if there is an issue
>is flying lesser known airlines riskier than flying popular airlines
>are there any tell tale signs of a serious issue
>>
>>1195998
>chances of survival of a water landing
Too many factors go into this to give a good estimate - chances are fairly bleak though.
However once the plane is landed on the water and the sea or river is calm, the evacuation usually isn't a problem as modern airliners take a very long time to sink.

>at what point do you start panicking if there is an issue
In a fair share of emergencies things will happen too fast for you to react - otherwise watching how the crew is behaving can help figuring out if you're only flying through a regular thunderstorm or if its a really bad thunderstorm. (not meaning to imply that bad thunderstorms should be cause for panic though, but usually when the crew is calm there is no reason for you not to be)

>is flying lesser known airlines riskier than flying popular airlines
Not statistically speaking - you can check the airlines accident rates on the internet before booking a flight in case you are worried.

>are there any tell tale signs of a serious issue
As I wrote above, watching how the Cabin Crew is reacting to certain things can give you an indication on things going awfully wrong.
As of indications you can see on the plane its very hard without a lot of knowledge on the layout of what ever plane you are one. Often times things can look a lot worse than they are (lets say losing an turbine to fire) and in other cases minor damage can have disastrous consequences for the airliner.
>>
>>1195549
I get high or drunk or both. Edibles are a great snack at the airport, and they get you high till you board the plane.
>>
>>1196575
What are edibles? First im hearing of it...

I'm assuming some kind of over-the-counter drug?
>>
>>1196578
Just food with weed in it.. like chips or chocolate, but it gets you high... where do you live?
>>
>>1196580
Uk. Is that legal or is it just in countries where cannabis is legalised
>>
>>1196583
Well it's legal in some places in the US to buy them, but fuck no it's not legal in airports, that's why you have to be careful not to be a complete retard when you do that.

But since nobody knows that your food has weed in it, as long as you don't fuck up nobody will notice, and you'll have a nice flight.
>>
>>1195671
What % of pilots do recreational drugs and how many are sleep deprived due to communist like airline scheduling? Met a commercial pilot in MX that was from St Louis and he loved the cocaine.
>>
>>1196578
> first time hearing about edibles
Damn dude how's middle school
>>
>>1196622
Im 35 now and never partook in degenerate activities

>>1196586
So you make them? I thought they were snacks you could buy. How effective are they in comparison to just smoking weed
>>
>>1195549
>when planes are literally falling out of the skies
If that were happening, I might be concerned. It's not so I'm not.
>>
>>1196638
they take a while to kick in but they should last way longer then smoking it since you will digest them over a period of time. So if you are afraid of getting caught at the airport you can eat them beforehand, so you can check in still sober but as soon as you board you should be high. Usually a good snack will get me high for 3-5 hours, depending on the dosage. If the flight is longer and you have the balls to do it you can then eat some in the plane.
>>
>>1196707
Sounds like a nightmare to me.

Paranoia and a huge intelligence drop at airports/on airplanes? No thanks.

Jealous of people that enjoy it, though.
>>
>>1196730
yeah it's not for everyone but for me it makes the flight and everything else so much easier... maybe you can try it someday
>>
>>1196651
/thread. No further replies to bait are required. Sage goes in every field, thank you based hide button.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-05-26-16-54-42.png (276KB, 369x656px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-05-26-16-54-42.png
276KB, 369x656px
>>1196735
Maybe. But I just don't like the THC high very much. It's ruined a literal day at the beach for me before.

It seems like it does the exact opposite of what so many people love about it.

Funny how I can handle the world's most intense psychedelics better than weed.

Girl I hooked up with in Medellin, since it's all that's on my desktop.
>>
VALIUM or nothing. Edibles will just give you a body high, which is not comfortable if you're paranoid of flying.
>>
>>1196590
>What % of pilots do recreational drugs and how many are sleep deprived due to communist like airline scheduling?

Depends largely on the airline and the country.
I used to fly for Lufthansa where it was not unheard of (at least the recreational drugs part) however after a major crash on one of their Sub-Companies a few years back they became a lot more careful when it comes to things such as drug use and mental problems among their pilots.

As for sleep deprivation it depends not only on the airline but also on what flights a pilot is usually doing. Somebody only flying inner country or in Europe will work a lot more and sleep a lot less than somebody on trans-atlantic flights. However at least in Europe the standards in regards to possible work times are in place to prevent people from flying when they are in no state too.
>>
>>1197232
Speaking of European airlines, KLM flight attendants always make me go 'the people look damn high, I want to take whatever they had'.
>>
>>1196801
It seems like a lot of people like how it turns off their brains and makes it hard to make complete thoughts and to me thats an extremely scary feeling so I can't stand it
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.