[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here a drifter? >a person who is continually moving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: bracerets.jpg (413KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
bracerets.jpg
413KB, 1536x2048px
Anyone here a drifter?

>a person who is continually moving from place to place, without any fixed home or job

About 6 months ago, I quit my job and went on a 3 month road trip. It was the best experience of my life by far. Wake up some place new, explore, meet new people, try regional cuisine, get lost, stumble across cool places, and repeat.

Had to quit when I ran out of money. Been working and saving so I can do it again. once you get a taste of freedom...

Anyone else experience this? Or living like this currently? Share your exp
>>
File: 1389795585874.png (851KB, 635x674px) Image search: [Google]
1389795585874.png
851KB, 635x674px
Bumping

I've always wanted to do this, but I can't rn because of school
>>
Im working on building a business online so that I can be a nomad without worrying about my income stream.
>>
>>1195293
What kind of business?
I always wonder how people come up with an online business niche that doesn't already have a billion gorillion competitors.
>>
Did it through canada.
Im going to india in february. No plan other than to get there. Then we'll see. Probably gonna pass more than 6month over there. Surrounding countries too
>>
File: z484874.png (329KB, 372x430px) Image search: [Google]
z484874.png
329KB, 372x430px
>>1195274

I've lived like this for .... 6 years

don't propagate this info but, Craigslist is really all you need for, work and places to stay. I am crafty and am usually able to find people who will put you up for free (I'm straight but I search words like "gay" and "activist" etc because those people let you stay for free if you're a guy). Shares work like hostels but the ones you want are around 400/mo. If you are good at haggling you can get them lower. Then you work at places that make $15+/hr like catering events and political canvassing work. I LOVE the restaurant chain Jimmy Johns (USA) because they are everywhere in urban places and you can deliver on a bicycle, making around $16/hr on a bad day.

Being a musician is one of my favorite past times; I'll land DJ and performance gigs thru the months and make loads of amazing, interesting friends from all walks of life. I also attend art openings and film screenings, and go to shit tons of harsh noise/techno events. The girls at those things, holy shit beyond ideal and -so- fucking intelligent and cool.

I was in Los Angeles from April to the end of November, spent August in San Francisco (for free) . Before that I was in NYC being a bartender. My family lives in Cincinnati for the most part, so I'm very fortunate having a home base to recharge/work on more music etc.

I'll be in Miami FL for winter, then probably go to France because I have dual citizenship with the EU and know the world is coming to an end soon and Amsterdam/Berlin is the best vantage point. I think I'll be in Europe throughout the Trump years.

Oh yeah --- this book "the secret meaning of birthdays" says Sept 24th is "Day of the Wanderer" ... sort of cool.

Also last night I dreamt of sucking a large red lollipop in a class lecture - lollipop dream meaning is "new adventures and pleasures await you, also don't be a sucker".
>>
>>1196861

>last night i dreamt of sucking a large red lollipop

it means you're a faggot
>>
>>1196875

it was stuck between my teeth and cheek ... wasn't very fellatio esque

but you're probably right
>>
Trustafarian here. Been doing it for about 16 months of the last three years.
>>
>>1196861
So you travel around your homecountry? Can't really call you a nomad.
>>
>>1197066
Why should "arbitrary" political borders have an impact on nomadic life?

Most actual nomads, like saharan or mongolian herders or papuan hunter gatherers never leave their home country either.
>>
>>1197086
Well, you have a point here. But i got the impression the thread was about less local travelling.
For example, I have a remote job and travel between countries with ease,
>>
>>1197091
Yeah, I get that, but I think the main dichotomy here is having a home, a "base of operations", where you spend a majority or a great deal of time as opposed to not having one or indeed having a very large number of them.

It's quite varying though, on one hand, you'll have an easier time doing what >>1196861
is doing in your home country, because of the language and culture.
On the other, traveling countries but having a well paying job, where you don't need to deal with the daily nitty gritty things, might be easier in some aspects and harder in others.
>>
File: 1410264326453.jpg (29KB, 465x364px) Image search: [Google]
1410264326453.jpg
29KB, 465x364px
>>1195274
>>1197101

OK, it's time to me to also contribute to the thread instead of arguing what it is about.
I sold my flat and currently travelling around SE Asia. I still have around 23k $ and monthly income of about 800 $. Shitty salary, yeah, but considered a good one where I'm from. And the best part is that it takes less than an hour per day on the average.
I'm gonna get a driving license and australian working visa in the near future, so I can travel there through Oceania and work for additional money. Then goes South America and Africa.
Alternatively if I don't get any visa, i'm gonna traverse Asia by land straight to Africa. Maybe even in one piece.
>>
Yes doing this now.
22 f, using couchsurfing, helpx, Craigslist, and wwoof.

Currently waiting in a Starbucks and have 6 hours to kill before the girl who is hosting me tonight finishes work.

Get money my whoreing myself out online. For the most part, eating/drinks are easy to get. Tits help.
>>
>>1197241
Are you expecting here on /trv/ invitations to homes and getting fed in exchange for putting out?
>>
You should live like this; it's cool as fuck and the only way to -really- live.
>>
>>1197241
how would you rate yourself out of 10?
>>
i don't have a fixed home since 9 month but i have a fixed job
>>
I'm too afraid to die or get randomly robbed and then die/get stuck to do that
>>
>>1197252
God I hope she does. I have some spare pizza in the freezer.
>>
>>1195274
I'll fight you for her with chocomilk
>>1197252
In the long run, sedentary lifestyle is gonna kill you. Also, cars are more dangerous than travelling.
>>
>>1198878
Wtf...
Wrong reply
>>
I am starting a journey like this at the end of the month and I can not fucking wait. See yall on the road.
>>
>>1198909

Where are you going?
>>
Would love to try this. Tips to get started? I live in california, around Santa Barbara
>>
>>1195274
how old are you? I plan on living on welfare and do this for the rest of my days
>>
>>1195274
I want to become a drifter... I think. I want a way to escape my depression and this dead-end town, and living vicariously through travel bloggers has helped me pass the time better than anything else.
>>1198909
I wanna hear more, anon.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.