[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be flying alone soon and i'm really nervous,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 35326247267.jpg (3KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
35326247267.jpg
3KB, 100x100px
I'm going to be flying alone soon and i'm really nervous, how do you know where to go and what to do?

Do i just check in and go through security and chill until my plane is ready to leave?
>>
Nigga just chill. Get there early and check your flight status. Check what your airline policy on baggage is. If you need to check baggage be sure to check that. If not, just print your boarding passes at home. Bring ID to go through security (also make sure you go through the right security line for the gate that your flight is going from). After you get through security grab a drink (if you're of age) and some food. Find your gate first.
>>
>>1193900
>I'm going to be flying alone soon and i'm really nervous, how do you know where to go and what to do?

Read the damn signs. Like, shits labeled it's not like they will let you on the wrong plane
>>
Which airport are you flying from? Google it and see if it's busy or not.
In any case, you should be there 2 hours prior to take off.

These may vary a bit for different airports but it's generally:

After you pass security you will be funneled into passport check.
After that you see which gate you are flying from.
Go to that gate and wait for boarding. Socialize with people if the opportunity arises.

And yes.
>>1193918
>read signs
>they won't let you if you're not supposed to be there

Also you can always ask staff.
>>
>>1193900
Note: eat or drink BEFORE going to the airport, shit's expensive
1. Show up an hour or two before your plane leaves
2. go through security
3. Get to gate of your plane
4. dick around on a laptop or whatever until your plane takes off
>>
>>1193900
i am going to the supermarket soon and i'm really nervous, how do you know where to go and what to do? do i just pick the products i want, pay for them and leave?
>>
This is so autistic
>>
>>1193900

Haha! It's rocket science.

Check in online for your flight so they don't give your seat to someone else and leave you stuck at the airport.

Print boarding passes at home or go to counter of the airline you're flying on and ask them to give them to you.

Go to security line. Take off all your clothes and have your anus thoroughly searched.

Put all your clothes back on. Look for your Flight Number under the Departures board. Make sure that the flight is still on time and note the gate number shown on the board.

Look at signs to go to the correct gate number. Find gate. Sit down by gate and wait for flight to arrive.

They will announce the flight from the gate podium, open up the jetway and start boarding people. Boarding is the airplane industry lingo for "getting people onto the plane."

You'll be in a boarding group. When they call your group, get in line using your feet.

Hand your boarding pass to the lady or gay man at the podium. They will scan it and let you onto the jetway.

Using your feet, walk down the jetway. At the end of it there will be an airplane.

Enter the airplane and go to your assigned seat. There are little placards above each row with symbols on them. Those symbols are things such as letters and numbers. The symbols on your ticket will match the symbols over the row.

There will be large open shelving above each of the seats. This is where your bags go. It is not where you will ride during the flight. Put your bags up there.

Turn your body sideways, and again using your feet, position your body in front of your designated seat. Lean slightly forward while bending your knees at the same time in order to perform the act of sitting down in the seat.

There will be two short, flat blue or black rope type devices fastened to either side of the seat. This is called a "seat belt." The two halves connect together to form a solid rope. Be sure to connect each half together over the top of your lap.
>>
>>1193918
This.

Although I've been thrown for quite the loop a couple times at airports in other countries.
>>
>>1193928
>1. Show up an hour or two before your plane leaves

An hour?

I'm a paranoid 3-hours early guys.

Never missed a flight. Even so, I've been close, to no fault of mine.
>>
>>1194388
>Hand your boarding pass to the lady or gay man at the podium.

Lost.
>>
>>1194598
Jesus boys if I'm flying domestic without baggage I show up as the plane's boarding
Covered 300,000km in the sky, never missed a flight
>>
>>1193900
I managed to fly alone when i was 12. Don't overthink stuff.
>>
>>1194701
Some people live in areas where they need to drive 1-2 hours to get to an airport. In that case you need at least an hour buffer, in case you get into a traffic jam or whatever.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.