[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what kind of hostels do you prefer? loud or quiet? what was the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: ob.jpg (207KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
ob.jpg
207KB, 1024x683px
what kind of hostels do you prefer? loud or quiet? what was the best hostel you've ever stayed at?

also, I'm in Italy for the next month, Venice, Vicenza, mantua, Florence/Siena, Naples, and Rome. anyone want to hang out?
>>
Introvert here

Private rooms all the way. Spending just a single night with loudmouthed NT fuckers ruins my travel
>>
I'm not a big fan of party hostels. I liked them when I was younger, but now that I've been traveling for a few years - albeit not continuously - I prioritize my privacy. If I can afford my own room, I go for that. Otherwise I'll choose whichever size dorm meshes with my budget.

"Loud" and "crazy" hostels are fun if you have a private room, are a teenager, or only planning to stay short-term. Constantly being woken up by entitled and oblivious Brits and Australians takes a toll. Even at quieter and more laid-back locations, the inability to get a good night's sleep in a dorm wears on you.

My favorite hostel was SoHo Hostel in Istanbul. It's actually not a very wonderful place - its pretty tiny and cramped, and they had to kick everyone out to spray for bedbugs in the middle of the Gezi Park protest. However, the ambiance there was awesome. The owner there was really cool, too, and I made some of my best travel friendships in that place (i.e., folks I'm still talking to and arranging meet-ups with four years later).

Best hostel in regards to facilities was Reykjavik City Hostel. Little overpriced and seemed too quiet and sterile, but they had like five fucking kitchens, a campground, two dining halls, a game room, a library, full wifi coverage, and a bunch of other shit. In regards to interior and decor, TrailWinds Hostel in Leon, Nicaragua, which wasn't much of a hostel but more of a budget boutique hotel with two dorm rooms. One of the owners was very friendly (the other was alright, but he pissed me of by being extremely grumpy whenever I'd come back late - you have 24-hour reception, m8, come on) and her and her partner did a really great job decorating the place.

Anyway, sorry. Hard to pick a "best" hostel. Different ones stick out for different reasons.
>>
>>1193745
I was stationed in Vicenza for 3 years. Miss it everyday.
>>
I prefer bigger hostels with some kind of daily events to bring people together.
I really enjoyed hostel one home in Prague cause it had a free dinner every night so the group was gathered and we went out after that.

Out of party hostels the best one I've been is Vitae in Budapest hands down.
>>
>>1193767
Whenever a new "consignment" comes in is the most fun time to go out in Vicenza. We love you guys. Don't be a stranger.
Best hostel I've been in must have been Olive Hostel in Lagos. Very laid-back place. Con: no breakfast. Pro: I met three people there that I spent a couple of weeks travelling with and still keep in touch with. Good beds, cheapo wine, often even on the house.
>>
>>1193854

>tfw you never get up early enough to eat the free breakfast
>tfw when you do wake up early enough to eat the free breakfast, you don't feel like eating
>>
>>1193745
I'll be in italy for January, what's yr email?
>>
>>1193863
enw.xfia at tznvy dot pbz under rot 13
>>
My hostel guidelines are;
>cheapest in the list
>clean shower pics
>clean, modern room pics
>decent location
>comb through reviews
>if nothing stands out I'll book it
I usually travel solo and prefer to do so because I can do what I like and when I like. In the hostel I usually sleep with a face mask and ear plugs so meh.
>>
>>1193960
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out how to get my email through.

I'm suitableformono @ gmail

I can let you know my plans on there
>>
>>1193750
NT?
>>
>>1193745
That hostel is in Milan, right? I remember staying there for a few days in 2014, free breakfast + free dinner when buying 1 beer was pretty neat. It had a working AC which is rare in Italy and the crowd was little bit more mature than in other hostels.
>>
>>1193845
Agreed with first part. The dinners are usually good, and sometimes there's a happy hour if the hostel has a bar where you can get drinks mad cheap. Great place to meet women too.

Favorite hostel ever for me was Yes! in Lisbon. Did as I described above, just a cool place to hang. Often we forwent the bar and just got hammered at the place in the common room.
>>
How old is too old for a dude to stay at a party hostel?

I'm 30 and never did it before, kind of just want to take a few weeks through Europe and hit up a bunch of party hostels to get it out of my system, but don't want to come off as a creep.

I look really young, so I'll probably just say I'm in my mid 20s and hope nobody calls me out on it.
>>
>>1194383

Lying about your age is more autistic than being "old" at a party hostel.

If you're halfway social and capable of interacting pleasantly with other people, nobody will think you're too odd for staying in a hostel. However, you should appreciate that many of the people you're sharing space with are not going to be very mature. Go wild, provided your idea of a good time is getting drunk with a bunch of spoiled kids on gap years.
>>
>>1194385
Yeah but they will never find out though so they won't know how autistic I really am.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.