[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>going to Portugal for one week >can only carry-on luggage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1254.jpg (284KB, 2000x2496px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1254.jpg
284KB, 2000x2496px
>going to Portugal for one week
>can only carry-on luggage

Does /trv/ have any sort of guide explaining how to pack light and only the necessary shit to last one week in a foreign country with just a small carry on luggage?
>>
if you're just going as a tourist...
just pack as if you went there for 2-3 days, and go get laundry done once or twice. you might even have some empty space left like that.
>>
>>1193031
two, three pairs of pants MAX
four pairs underwear and socks to fit occasion
4 shirts, mostly dark ones if possible
>>
>1.gather everything you think you want
>2. does it fit?
>3. yes
>4. good to go
>5. no
>6. take out some duplicate stuff or stuff you can buy there
>7. repeat steps 2-7 until everything fits
>>
How to Travel The World Out of a Carry-On Bag
https://maxthecyclist.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/traveling-minimalist/

A Girl’s Long-Term RTW Packing List
http://www.mypresentlife.com/2014/09/a-girls-long-term-rtw-packing-list.html

Packing list for Europe with just a 30L backpack
http://thebudgetmindedtraveler.com/packing-list-for-europe/

Stop packing so much: The minimalist packing list
https://medium.com/digital-nomad-stories/a-small-bag-on-a-big-adventure-5e4851ac7801#.nmswfesy5

Good places to start. Like >>1193209 said, start with what you have and the bag you'll put it in. I do not recommend traveling with a standard school/college backpack as those things are not made with traveling in mind. I'm a big fan of the Osprey Porter 46 for travel, had mine for a couple years now and used it on all my travels around the world. Timbuk2 makes some damned good bags as well.

Other things, use Ziploc or whatever brand you want freezer bags to pack your underwear and socks in, with a cheap dryer sheet in there as well. Keeps things fresh, and I like putting on a fresh pair of underwear and socks every day during travel. Also makes it so you can compress them down to take up less space in the bag. A lot of this comes down to unless you know you'll be needing something, don't take it with you. Don't have clothes you wouldn't normally wear, things like that.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-12-19 00.11.10.png (438KB, 1950x1516px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-12-19 00.11.10.png
438KB, 1950x1516px
about to head off for 6 months in europe out of a carry-on backpack. This is everything I'm packing that fits in a 40L Osprey pretty easily.
>>
>>1193327
>4x pens
The autism is strong in this one.
>>
For starters, 1 carry-on bag plus a backpack that you store under the seat in front of you in the airplane. Should be easy for a week.
>>
>>1193327
>Merino
Not everything /out/ says is actually a good idea.
>>
I can recommend the "CabinMax" backpack, which fits the Ryanair allowance to the centimetre. They're not very durable, but very cheap and light.
>>
>>1193327
The mandatory "how will you be 6 months in Europe?" post here. Planning to hop between Schengen/non-Schengen, or do you have a EU (or UK) passport?
>>
>>1193031
wear all /as many of your clothes as you can.

2 pairs of pants wont raise any eyebrows, you get cold easy. 3 or more might get you searched but you can explain your situation, they can't stop you from doing it. There is nothing stopping you from walking through the airport wearing an entire weeks attire if you choose to do so. then, once you take off; take off the extra layers and put them in some plastic bags or whatever.
>>
>>1193327
how many milliliters is the toothpaste and what brand?
>>
>>1193430
Fuck cotton tho

>>1193475
German Working Holiday Visa.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.