[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I travel solo right after a breakup? Have you guys done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: how-to-break-up-with-someone-0.jpg (274KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
how-to-break-up-with-someone-0.jpg
274KB, 2000x1000px
Should I travel solo right after a breakup? Have you guys done it and if so, how did it go?

I was planning on doing a 2-3 week trip starting in a week or so on a motorcycle to a relatively remote part of the world where I didn't have a good grasp of the language. It's a place where it would be difficult to meet other travelers and I'd spend a lot of time alone. It might be therapeutic but I'm afraid I should be spending the time with friends and family instead of on my own. I could always do this trip later as there's no plane ticket involved, just a borrowed motorcycle.

I'll get over the relationship eventually but I don't know how long it will take. Is it too early to venture somewhere lonely, but also adventurous?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
>>
>>1192833
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

> plan trip with girlfriend to UK
> she breaks up with me
> fuck her I'm not afraid to travel alone!
> go anyway
> hey not so bad, interesting history, funny accents, this is an awesome time
> at train station in Manchester
> see familiar girl
> It's her. With a Brit lad.
> miserable for the rest of the trip
> spend it alone
> come home alone

;_;
This is what happened to me, and why I didn't travel for another five years.
>>
>>1192835

Sorry to hear that, it sounds like bad luck.

Do you think the trip would have been completely different if you didn't see her at the train station?
>>
>>1192861
Maybe?

Before I saw her I spent a lot of time wandering around London thinking "Wow she would love to see this!" Or " oh boy I can't wait to tell her about this experience!" I'm feeling sad because I realized even if I did email her she wouldn't bother replying because she thinks so little of me.

When I saw her at the station I stared and even waved but she didn't acknowledge my presence, and dude was too busy admiring her bod and trying to show her around to notice me.

Felt horrible, and back home she did confirm that she saw me but in a dissmissive passive agressive way.

I think it did distract me some, just because it was a different location and totally different experience than I was used to....Made thinking about her just 70% of the time instead of 90% of the time. Till I met her I really wasn't interested in traveling at all the whole thing was mostly her idea and I just sort of went along with it because whatever. But yeah maybe it was good for me.
>>
I broke up three weeks ago. Since then I've hooked up with a girl om tinder. Made out with nameless girls in bars. Booked a flight to new zealand and I've never been happier. Hang out with good friends and meet new people often.

Distractions are the best medicine for a break up.
>>
>>1192868
what did you say to actually get a girl to hook up with you on Tinder?

whenever I use it if I ask him to come back to my place with anything less than a full fucking week of chatting, they either unmatch instantly or play it off as a joke and say not without a few dates in public first. asking for Netflix and chill just gets LOL in return
>>
Do it, but have a backup plan in case you feel lonely.

>>1192869
I always meet up with people I've met online in public first. Nothing against them, just safety reasons. I mostly had good experiences, but you never know what sort of creep you run into.
Just pick a cafe or bar near your place, meet up there first, I'm sure they'll just end up going to your place if they see you're normal.
>>
>>1192869
Within 24 hrs of chatting i make a schedule to meet..

We went on a 7 hour date and the last stop was a cafe with secluded rooms with sliding doors. We banged there.

The physical flirting just exponentially built up from the beginning. I grabbed her hand early. Tried to kiss during the movies. Basic shit.

This was in Busan, Korea.
>>
>>1192833
This is relevant to me now. My last trip I went on I was with her and it was fucking perfect. No, literally fucking perfect. We went to a tropical place in Asia, loved each others company, fucked like twice a day, good food, good everything.

Now, she's gone. I have 1 week holiday coming up and nobody to go with. I know if I go somewhere solo I will just be comparing this solo trip with the previous trip and it's making me feel disgusted with the idea of going.
>>
OP Here.

Have any of you guys traveled alone after a breakup to somewhere more lonely and where it was difficult to meet other people? That's my main concern. If I was going to a place like Bangkok I'd have no concerns.
>>
>>1192833

I think it depends on where you're going.

When I was 20, I'd planned a trip around Iceland, across Europe, through the Middle-East, and into India. The year before I'd traveled Turkey, Greece, the Caucasus, and then flown to Dubai and New Delhi to spend two months with my then-girlfriend.

We broke up two or three weeks before I was due to depart. Our relationship had been on shaky grounds since she'd come to visit me in the United States in winter, with her deciding that distance wasn't going to work.

She was my first girlfriend and broke up with me by telling me that she was going to go on a date with somebody else.

Most of the fifteen days I spent in Iceland were characterized by crippling depression. I was in Reykjavik longer than I should have been, staring at the wall and writing silly entries in my travel diary.

Once I got out of the hostel and began hitchhiking around the Ring Road, I had a bit more fun. I flew to Edinburgh and then traveled to Glasgow and London. My mood wasn't great, so I missed a flight I'd bought months before to Lisbon in favor of spending time with a friend I'd met in Germany the summer before.

Being with somebody I knew really helped lift my mood.

cont.
>>
>>1193232
>>1193225

Nah, sorry.

On my last trip I also had broken up with another girl. We'd dated for two years, broke up in June of 2016, and I left in August. However, we kept seeing each other exclusively until I left.

Was pretty rough but the two months of preparation and coping helped a lot. I still felt like we were together, but I also knew we were over. Having that extra time let me put my mind in the right place when I began traveling.

My suggestion would be to have a solid travel plan, full of activities and scenic locations for you to bike to. The more you do, the better off you'll be. Hope you're going somewhere warm and sunny, too.

Iceland was rainy, cold, and windy - the worst place to go post-breakup.
>>
>>1193232
>>1193234

Thanks for the response, I'll need to reconsider my travel plan. It was originally to have a few destinations in mind and wing it. But that might not be a good idea.

I'll see what happens. Thanks again everyong for sharing your stories.
>>
>>1192869

You don't ask them to come to your house. Very few girls are actually willing to go over to some random guys house they've never met - that part of tinder is massively overstated (not saying it doesn't happen). You're going to have to go on dates with girls just like normal if you want to get laid.
>>
>>1193232
How did you plan this travel?
how much money did you spent for it?
>>
>>1194808

I didn't plan it. I bought the tickets to the places I wanted to go to. That's it.

I spent about $2300, not including my tickets from New York to Reykjavik and from Reykjavik to Edinburgh. I purchased several tickets using that $2300, including one from Istanbul to Dubai and another from Dubai to New Delhi.

I mostly ran out of money not long after arriving in India. I worked in tourism and gave guided tourists to some fat Polish fuck to earn extra bucks.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.