[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thinking about going to the uk/ireland in january. which cities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: dublin.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
dublin.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
thinking about going to the uk/ireland in january.
which cities would you recommend?
thinking about dublin, glasgow, edinburg, maybe york ..
>>
>>1192766
>giving such a vague OP more than a shitpost-answer
Anyway:
- Where do you arrive from?
- How much time do you have?
- Transport costs are high on the British Isles, how much do you want to spend?
- What are you interested in?
- What is your tolerance for B A N T E R?
>>
>>1192793
>- Where do you arrive from?
Dublin
>- How much time do you have?
15 days
>- Transport costs are high on the British Isles, how much do you want to spend?
I'll check that when I finally decide the places and start looking for possible routes. do you think the difference could be a lot?
>- What are you interested in?
I'd like to visit 4 cities, Dublin for sure, then Glasgow or Edinburg in Scotland, and 2 in England, for like 4/3 days each.
I'm not crazy about going out, I mostly want to know some nice cities. I've been to London already, but it's not discarded though
>>
>>1193155
dublin is nice, 4 days is a bit much, 3 should be plenty. Anything in particular you want to see?
>>
>>1193155
I don't understand, you're travelling from Dublin and want to visit Dublin?

Anyway, you can do both Glasgow and Edinburgh easy. A full day/night in both, only a 50min~ train ride in between. Dublin to Glasgow is super cheap to fly via Ryanair, and you can get trains from Edinburgh much easier than Glasgow to anywhere down south. Trains can be booked 3 months in advance for best rates.

I live in the UK and have travelled around Europe so feel free to ask away.
>>
>>1193155

Dublin is meh, maybe a weekend at the most there. Edinburgh is cool for a couple of days. From there if you wanna head to England go down to manchester, good for a couple of days and big pub scene.

If you are willing to backtrack a little hit galway before leaving ireland, one of my favorite cities in western europe - you should make a trip from there to see the cliffs of moher a couple of hours south of there, the drive along the coast to get there is insanely cool and the cliffs themselves are mindblowing awesome. Also going up to belfast for maybe 2 days at most, so you can rent a car/take a tour bus to see giants causeway and some other sights in northern ireland is a great idea.

In my experience UK and Ireland have lots of places to visit but none of them are very big or have a lot to see other than London. Its kind of a place where you want to be mobile so you can see the smaller towns and countryside and just leapfrog from city to city rather than spend large amounts of time in one spot.
>>
G A L W A Y
A
L
W
A
Y
>>
>>1193167
i meant i was arriving to Dublin.
Nice tip about Scotand, i'll probably be doing those two after Ireland, and then down to England.

>>1193170
Galway looks nice man, I'll check ticket prices to try and arrive there instead of Dublin.

thanks!
>>
>>1193502
you won't be arriving directly in Galway, I can tell you that much
>>
>>1193505
yeah i can see.... i found this bus though

http://www.gobus.ie/timetable.php?map=28

doesn't look bad. i may be taking it both ways, and just buying tickets to and from dublin,.
>>
File: laughing.jpg (159KB, 667x500px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
159KB, 667x500px
>>1193170
>go down to manchester,
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.