[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Britfag here I'm in my 30s now. No career, single, no savings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: teaching-english-in-brazil.jpg (17KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
teaching-english-in-brazil.jpg
17KB, 300x180px
Britfag here

I'm in my 30s now. No career, single, no savings etc. I have no prospects back home and have to accept this now. I went travelling to Asia last year and loved it. I am now thinking about moving to another country and teach for a year or 2.

I don't think I'd go back to Asia but I have looked at Brazil and Czech Republic as you don't need a degree to score a job there. Do you need to be very outgoing to teach? I am quite a shy person and not a fan of speaking to groups but I'm pretty sure I could do it if I committed to it. Also, I don't like kids lol but would be happy teaching adults or teenagers.

Whats it like teaching abroad? Is it possible to save money? Anyone with experience teaching in Brazil or Czech Rep? Two extremes of destination I know but I don't really mind where I go, I just need to get out of the UK and enjoy life again
>>
>>1192699
>Do you need to be very outgoing to teach?
In Japan, if you are hired by some elementary school or some "eikawa" (specialized english private school) teaching kids, from what I've heard you'll be expected to be more of an entertainment than an actual english teacher. Many jvlogger taught english and many had that experience, where the english class is kind of an easygoing kindergarten rather than a place to gain knowledge. Seems like the real english learning starts once they are 11-12, before that its more like just knowing basic words (apple, cat, sister, etc.) without ever speaking the language or creating sentences. You have to organize silly activities the rest of the time.

I guess that's understandable, I grew up in Quebec and my native langauge is french, so I had english class in elementary school, and it was pretty much that. It's in highschool (no middle school in Quebec) that it really becomes another academic field.
>>
>>1192705

Japan wouldn't be part of my plans, you need a degree to teach there as far as I know. Other places I'd prefer to visit first too.

I'd like to give private tuition to hot Eastern European teenagers but I'd settle for adult learning classes
>>
>>1192699
Eastern Europe and Brazil both have low pay and generally low standards.

I'll talk about Brazil a bit.

The pay is all over the place if you have no experience and no degree you will probably be paid 2000 reais a month which is pretty bad but you can totally live off of it if you know what you are doing.

You can do private lessons which pay more charge by the hour fron 50-200 reais an hour the more serious you are the better

If you want to teach business men then you will probably be paid around 5k to 10k in reais much better but hard to get those jobs.

Honestly if you come here is start up cash of 5000 usd you will be fine with just about anything unfortunately visas are retarded right now they are about to give amnesty to foreigners who no visa so idk what the situation will be like but most places will never sponsor work visas.

The city you pick matters. Roommates will save you money. Shopping at the poor people grocery store is key and
you got to learn basic Portuguese no one speaks english in service/grocery stores etc...

Only thing I know about Europe is they usually prefer to hire UK folks but with Brexit this may change
The pay is usually break even pay.
>>
>>1192699
>Bill came to Brasil to Teath English
>Teath
Your picture is a bad omen, mate.
>>
>>1192719
>I'd like to give private tuition to hot Eastern European teenagers but I'd settle for adult learning classes

Good luck lad, I'm sure it's a completely realisable dream. :^)
>>
>>1192880
That part is gross. I wanted to tell OP that's not cool, but I realized he ain't gonna get too many students there anyway, people aren't willing to pay the amounts that native teachers ask for anyway.
>>
OP here

Sounds like another idea of mine that won't happen after all.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.