[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in California near Los Angeles and am spending Christmas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Battleshipbay1.jpg (257KB, 1280x540px) Image search: [Google]
Battleshipbay1.jpg
257KB, 1280x540px
I live in California near Los Angeles and am spending Christmas alone.

What are the best themeparks to go to on or right after christmas, assuming I want to avoid lines?
>>
>>1192564
come with me chelsea;)
>>
>>1192577
Where's that, Senpaii?
>>
>>1192564

Go hiking somewhere on Christmas day and feel like the Grinch as you look over the city full of light. For LA I recommend Mt. Wilson or Baldy if it's not too cold
>>
>>1192580
Sounds like fun. I'm new at Hiking, though. Where's the best place to park and start the climb?
>>
File: KentuckyFriedBaby.jpg (48KB, 635x661px) Image search: [Google]
KentuckyFriedBaby.jpg
48KB, 635x661px
I'm going to vacation in Los Angeles for four days in January. Any recommendations of what to see and do? No night clubs or bars please. I want to see things that I wouldn't be able to see in other cities.
>>
Disneyland and Knott's have a lot of family-oriented stuff and will be packed on Christmas time. Same with Universal. Six Flags might be a good bet, as it is the least family-friendly major park in the the LA area. Also, if you wanted to try a lesser-known one, Castle Park is an okay one, though it will not be as epic as the big parks.
>>
>>1193766
If you like train stuff, check out the Orange Empire Railway Museum in Perris, on the far eastern outskirts. They have tons of working full-size historic trains on display including several working LA electric streetcars from almost a century ago. They also have streamlined diesel train and steam train rides.

Also, in the parking lot area across the street from Knott's Berry Farm in Orange County, there is a full-scale exact replica of Independence Hall in Philadelphia. Walter Knott stated in his will that admission to it would always be free, and it is that way today.

Lastly, there are a handful of ruins of old Spanish Missions in the area from the 1700s and early 1800s. The best set of ruins is in San Juan Capistrano on the southern edge of Orange County.

Oh, and you have to try Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.
>>
>>1193766
Visit Venice Beach and smoke some legal weed and pretend to be Arnold Schwarzenegger in his early 20's.

Go visit the awesome museums like LACMA.

Visit movie sets and tool around in Hollywood like a movie star. Visit scenic locations from popular movies.

Come down south about an hour from LA and visit the local vineyards and then after, fly in a real hot-air balloon.

Visit the amazing beaches like Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach and the like. Meet people here and mingle.

Visit and see nightly street racing in Compton just like in the movie Fast Furious and see a dark side of culture you wont be able to see anywhere else in the world.
>>
>>1193979
>see a dark side of culture
I see what you did there.
>>
>>1192564

I live in Calabasas now, I am originally from St.Louis. I am probably spending Christmas alone too. I am smoking a Turkey with applewood, and making ribs. Wish you could come over.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.