[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I kind of want to visit Iran. Everyone i speak to tells me it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 8

File: iran-MMAP-md[1].png (100KB, 1036x733px) Image search: [Google]
iran-MMAP-md[1].png
100KB, 1036x733px
I kind of want to visit Iran.
Everyone i speak to tells me it's a bad idea, saying i will be beheaded, arrested as a spy or attacked in the street for being a westerner etc etc.
I find it hard to believe.
Whats the reality?
>>
I would really like to visit Iran but if I do I get a travel ban to the US. Fucking unfair.
>>
>>1192375
Everybody you speak to is an idiot. The only risk you run is getting hit by a car. Iranians are among the friendliest people in the world. I've been to Iran and had the best time. I recommend everybody go.
>>
>>1192395
I'm going there in April. I'm working in an american company so there is the possibility that I'm asked to fly to the US. Is there nothing I can do? get a new passport?
>>
>>1192395
You won't be banned from entering the US, silly anon. You're barred from applying for the e-visa, or whatever it's called. Not from the actual visa.
So, that means
>paying a relatively hefty non-refundable fee for
starting the application process
>going to the embassy months in advance
>meeting with a consular officer
>stating your case for why the US should let your scruffy ass in
>they are allowed to reject your application pretty much at their whim
>anywhere between 2-6 months later you will know whether you are allowed to even board a flight to the US

>>1192418
You can get a new passport. But in that case you're committing passport fraud, and if they ever find out in any way (CBP staff is technically allowed to access your harddrive), you're facing anything from a 5-year to a lifelong ban.

You'd just have to lie when filling in those entry documents that they make you sign. Are you a terrorist, have you ever been a terrorist, etc. You'll probably get through, but calculate for yourself if it's worth the risk.
>>
>>1192375
What kind of uninformed idiots do you mingle with?
>>
Iran are only bad guys because the western governments and media tell you so. In comparison to most of the middle east its a safe haven.

I made friends with some Iranian guys while I was living in Soul they were generally quite positive about the place.
>>
If anyone can find one single post on the internet that has something bad to say about travel to Iran, I will send you a thousand dollars.
>>
>>1192521
Here's some vapid cunt who hates men getting close to her.
No exactly a slamming, but I'll accept $500 payment thank you

http://www.heartmybackpack.com/blog/backpacking-solo-through-iran/
>>
>>1192521
https://www.virtualtourist.com/2920-1892780/Iran-Tips/locked-in-the-toilet-from-the-outside
>>
>>1192524
I fucking knew it's a dangerous place
>>
>>1192524

Did he Died?
>>
>>1192524
>https://www.virtualtourist.com/2920-1892780/Iran-Tips/locked-in-the-toilet-from-the-outside

>Go to Iran
>Get locked in a smelly Toilet
>You now know what its like to holiday in Iraq
>>
>>1192398
This. I've been to Iran on summer and the only things you have to worry about are understanding how crossing the street works and having difficulties to communicate in English.
>>
why tho ? it's a dead desert
>>
my brothers have just been there last year and loved it. the architecture is awesome as far as i heard.
>>
Was in Iran in September. Fantastic Country, fantastic people. The friendliest i ever have met abroad. Dont listen to all the propaganda. I felt safer here than i did when traveling the USA.

Absolutely wonderful country with a lot of undiscovered treasures and even better, almost no tourists.

GO!
>>
>>1192644
There rainforests. And mountains. And pretty much everything in between those three.
>>
>>1192644
why are you here
>>
>>1192451
then maybe I will just let my current passport expire and once it has expired I just can use the new passport without hassle, right?
>>
>>1192896
You must declare never having been to Iran or a few other countries. Are you sure you can get away with lying?
>>
>>1192897
you mean morally? I don't know how they can find out that I've been to iran being a european citizen nor what's the point of investing time and money finding out that I did tourism in iran...
>>
>>1192978
No I mean with all the NSA type shit.
>>
>>1192995
4chan is for adults.
>>
File: IMG_20160828_111317.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160828_111317.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1192896
You can. But if you flew into Iran, they might know you did so (based on what airline you used). Overland, you should be fine, unless you decide to arrive in the US wearing one of those 'My mom went to Mashhad and all I got was this lousy T-shirt' T-shirts.

As I said, (I'm >>1192451) you *can* definitely get away with it. But be aware that you're running a risk. Those entry documents I mentioned explicitly include the question "Have you ever been to Iran?".
>>
>>1193010
you realize /pol/ is the biggest board on 4chan now, right?

And unlike the Jew memes, we're dead serious with the Muslims. They aren't people
>>
>>1193020
Not to sound paranoid, but are we sure the Americans aren't capable of doing a quick search in your e-mails, facebook messages, whatsapp conversations... not to mention following the GPS of your phone?

>>1193025
Go back to your racist board. /trv/ is for people who actually leave their house.
>>
>>1193033

Lol. You sweet summer child.

Capable? They do all of this. Its not a question of if - its whether or not you get flagged. ALL of your internet and electronic activity is being logged. They have access to all that shit. That does not mean they are monitoring you though. It simply gets databased, and if you raise too many red flags, they just pull up your electronic footprint and see wtf you have been up to for the last few years. If you dont get flagged by whatever algorithms they use, none of it ever gets looked at - it just stays nestled in their databases with the other gorrillian terabytes of information they dont have the resources to look at.

The catch is that this is a legal grey area (ie its illegal as fuck according to the constitution but muh terrorisms) so they cannot use any information they gain from this against you by itself. They can, however, have your info and "find" it by "pure coincidence" using legal methods and just pretend they didnt have it all along if it ever came down to it. In a nutshell they already have the evidence, they just need to invent a story on how they obtained it legally.

This should not really be an issue though unless you are doing any illegal activities. Also if they notice you are
actively attempting to keep a low profile, they will scrutinize the fuck out of you - again if you arent doing anything major illegal (trafficking drugs, selling palestinian organs, going on jihad in syria with your moderate beheader friends, etc) you have nothing to worry about.

Unless you want to become a politician or have any position of power, at which point you get blackmailed because blackmail makes the world go round baby.
>>
>>1193033
>aren't capable
They're certainly capable of everything you said. However, a big part of the gamble you're taking is that you have to assume you'll be part of the "noise" in their Big Data, and as such that you won't raise any flags.

Are you of ME descent, anon? Because that alone might land you in a friendly but curt conversation with uniformed officials.
>>
>>1193042

This is an overgeneralized summary so let me make it more specific for your intentions.

If you book a flight into iran, the NSA will know. If you book a hotel or anything in Iran over the internet, the NSA will know. If you bring your smartphone (or likely any phone desu) into Iran - the NSA will know. Assume literally everything done electronically is being collected because it is.

HOWEVER - this does not exactly mean the immigration authorities will know. Just because the NSA is tracking all your online/electronic activities does not mean any of that information is going to be looked at. Because they collect *everything*, they have a retardedly massive amount of data sitting in their laps. Its impossible for them to look through it. So, they only access it if a person starts raising red flags. Exactly how that process works is beyond me but im sure its quite effective at weeding out bad guys from dudes just trying to have a good time.

For example, flying into Iran is a red flag. Will it be enough to trigger a search of your data profile? Maybe. If you flew with a western airline they will have that info anyways so the whole NSA thing would be moot. If you cross by land, but book a place online with your credit card or with your smartphone? Thats a red flag - probably a lot bigger because it implies you are trying to be discreet. Basically taking steps to have a low profile lowers the chances of immigration finding out - but IF they do find out, your chances of being barred from entry are massively increased if they see you have been taking preventitive measures. So while flying into Iran would be more obvious and visible, the consequences of being observed doing so are a lot less than other means of entry. They would likely just give you a hard time trying to get into the US rather than completely ban you because they just dont want people knowing Iran isnt the final boss of terrorism or some dumb shit.
>>
>>1193043
No, I'm a Mexican who has been to Iran.

>>1193042
>This should not really be an issue though unless you are doing any illegal activities
Including visiting Iran.

>>1193051
So what should someone do if he wants to visit Iran and visit the USA later?
>>
>>1193054

Visiting Iran is not illegal. It is frowned upon and immigration will make life difficult as possible for you.

If youve been to Iran id imagine your best bet would be to be honest about it. If you flew in, or used your credit card there, or used your smart phone, and obviously if your passport is stamped - they are going to find out most likely. They will pull you aside and bother you but its to find holes in your story. If you have nothing to hide be honest and dont change your story.

It also depends what youre trying to do in the US. How long are you coming for? For what reasons? Etc.

I cant answer on what a person should do because that is their choice. They can either be anal about staying off the radar, and get a new passport and risk getting banned if they are caught. Or they can just go directly without playing games and just deal with the bullshit that will 100% certainly come with it. Its a personal choice, i really dont know how the NSAs flagging system works (to my knowledge the specifics never have been leaked) so one can only make educated assumptions on what critieria they use and how each of those factors are weighed, how many tiers of "threat" there are, etc. Nobody has leaked this because it terrorists would game the system

Its worth noting the NSA likely has flags everywhere. Using 4chan is 100% one of them, especially /pol/, with /b/ and /k/ also being bigger flags than the rest of the site. Having this very converstation would be a flag if they actually looked at your data. Using tor is a HUGE flag. Traveling frequently and erratically is a flag. Buying certain products that could be used to make weapons or drugs is a flag. Buying ammo or guns is a flag.

Everything that could hypothetically be a threat to the establishment is a flag, no matter how obtuse or far fetched. Again the question isnt so much what counts as a flag but how big/small each flag is and how much it takes to have a human analyst personally look at your shit.
>>
>>1193069
>How long are you coming for? For what reasons?
Not for very long. Mainly just to visit family.

I'm also asking for a few people I know who want to visit Iran in the future. They have two passports.
>>
>>1193078

As i mentioned if they catch you lying or trying to hide your visit to iran they will probably ban you from entry. Big no no. Whether or not they look deeply enough is questionable.

Personally i would just suck it up and deal with the bullshit hoops they throw at you. Idk i live in the US so maybe i see things differently but id rather take the garanteed small penalty of being hassled with extra steps rather the risk of the huge penalty of never being able to visit and definitely being added to relatively higher level terror watchlists over a dumb lie.

Again idk how aggressive immigration *typically* is for people entering the US, my only experience with being hassled was the UK entering by rail and that was because i didnt have any travel plans set and was dumb enough to tell them that.
>>
>>1193033
>Islam is a race
nice mental illness you have there pal
>>
>>1193089
US immigration is far worse than in Europe, hell, worse than pretty much any other country. No other immigration goes out of their way so much to specifically find a reason to deny you entry.
>>
>>1193097

Stop being dense obviously he knows that but you understood exactly what he meant. Not all muslims are bad just like not all jews are bad.
>>
>>1193069
I understand what you mean. However, I still find dumb to mobilize all these resources just to deny the entry in the country to a random spanish guy that happen to take some pictures in iran a couple of years ago.
>>
File: pew research muslims.jpg (482KB, 1464x1665px) Image search: [Google]
pew research muslims.jpg
482KB, 1464x1665px
>>1193105
#notallmuslims
#justmostofthem
>>
>>1193111

Lol jewboy your shit is obvious. Not all muslims are bad . At least their fuckups are limited mostly to the middle east unlike the kikes who cant seem to help instigating another holocaust against themselves with their meddling.
>>
>>1193109

Most of it is passive resources. Their data collection is passive. If something occurs electronically, it gets captured by the NSA. Simple as that. AI and algorithms then pick out individuals based on red flags as discussed above. This is also passive.

Only past this point do human resources come into play. The system is dumb as fuck as far as the political motivations for it go but it does work as intended. Which is worth mentioning - not for our best interests but for the establishment's.
>>
Go there wearing a Israel t-shirt while waving a gay pride flag and shouting anti-Islamic obscenities, they really like it when westerners do that.
>>
>>1193122

Honestly you could wear an israel flag shirt. Gaypride flag is iffy, they do not like gays but instead actively assist them in being trannies which is backwards as fuck as how i think it should be but its not like they are beheading poop pushers. Definitely cant shout anti-islamic obscenities.

If you went to the vatican and shouted how christ was a faggot and sperged out then yeah you would get btfo. If you went to israel and shouted how the jews did 9/11 and shit then yeah you would get btfo. Same goes for iran, and any country where they have state sanctioned religion.
>>
>>1193116
t. leftist scum
>>
>>1193116
yeah, not all muslims are bad.

I said "just most of them". What, can't you read?
>>
>>1193125
>>1193111

The whole conversation started with you sperging out about someone wanting to visit Iran because it is a muslim country. Then you shitpost how horrible it is and post a big factsheet about how bad islam is except that (((study))) conveniently excludes Iran on literally every single piece of data. Libya, which at the time that data was collected wasnt overrun by islamic fundamental fuckheads yet, is also conveniently excluded from the study on all points of data. Its almost as if the results were cherry picked from countries that are totally backwards and fucked up due to factors not limited to islam. (((Pure coincidence))) im sure.

The point being made is that Iran is not some shithole because it is a muslim country. This thread is about Iran, which is perfectly safe to visit for all people of all religions and countries, despite it being an "islamic republic".

Apparently your entire argument is that since other countries with muslims tend to suck that Iran automatically sucks too. Which is retarded and not an argument.
>>
>>1193129
wow it's pretty close to see sometone who thinks Mooslims dindu nuffin but uses le epic Antisemitism memes at the same time

you're a leftard, aren't you

also, even if Persia is safe to visit, you're still supporing an evil regime with your money. But hey, it's your conscience, not mine
>>
>>1193153
*it's prety rare to see someone
>>
>>1193153

Way to dodge the issue. Never did I say muslims din do nuffin because there are a fuckload of shithead muslims. There are also a fuckload of shitload jews. And christians, and chinks, and people. People can really fucking suck. You are just dragging this in a circle of shit now because your original point got btfo.

Iran is safe to visit, something you were just debating wasnt the case but apparently you dropped that and moved the goalposts. How is the Iran government evil? Because they dont take american dick? The street vendor and guesthouse owner now are direct implements of "le ebil regime"? I dont understand, please teach me - right now it looks like another brainwashed cunt saying Iran = Bad because they didnt bend over like they were supposed to.

Tell me, how many wars has Iran fought in the last 100 years that were wars of aggression? How many civilians and peaceful scientists have they killed with magnet bombs? How many civilian infrastructure projects have they destroyed using spies and sabotage? How many countries have been sanctioned and economically ruined by them?

They have their faults for sure, theres no denying that. But so does literally every country ever - and to be honest Iran seems like they have far less evil shit impacting the world than most western countries, especially the US. The west has no issue supporting the saudis who behead people for fun and openly support ISIS and spread their wahhabism bullshit everywhere, yet for some reason the most moderate islamic republic in the world, Iran, is the problem?

Stop being dumb.

>inb4 "google it cuz i cant support my own arguments with facts" meme
>>
Is it true that USA will ban any person they find out have been to Iran or are the people itt just lying?
>>
>>1193165

Its not true and I dont think anyone has made that claim. If you go and try to hide it/lie to them about it you will be banned.

Someone mentioned being disqualified from getting an e-visa to the USA if you go to Iran which may be correct. That doesnt mean you are banned, it just means they made it more difficult for you - you would have to go down to the local embassy and file paperwork that costs money and takes way longer to complete and could be denied because you didnt spell a word correctly.

At the end of the day they wont ban you, no. But they will look for ANY reason to make you not want to bother because the US government has a hate-hardon for Iran.
>>
>>1193161
Actually, my original point was that traveling to Islam is bad because you're supporting the regime, not that it isn't safe. I couldn't care less what happens to Muzzie sympathizer retards from /trv/.

They are evil because of their stupid shit like "Death to America day" and "Death to Israel day". America and Israel are two great countries, and Iran is pretty much on the NK level of evilness because they're doing this. Also, the government is evil for going from 1970 Persia, which was pretty progressive and westernized to the shithole Islamic Republic with everyone covered up that it is in 2016. I could just not give a fuck if they didn't oppress the few among their citizens who disagree with the regime and want freedom and continously threatened Israel and other people and countries.

>muh US is so ebil le West is so bad meme
so I was right, you are a damned leftist. Yes, not everything Obama and his predecessors did was right, much of it was wrong. However, it doesn't come close to the evil Islam (and Communism, and Nazism, etc...) have brought to this world.

But now that Jacksonian Democracy has made a comeback with Trump, everything's gonna be alright. Muslims cans muzzle and /trv/tards can visit shitty Islamic countries all they want. Just don't be surprised that you're gonna be seen as very suspicious and weird for wanting to visit such a shithole
>>
>>1193179
>Actually, my original point was that traveling to Islam is bad because you're supporting the regime, not that it isn't safe.

Fair point but where do you draw the line for when a government is too evil to justify a visit to its country? NK and Iran, any other ones? What about the Wahabi and Arabic gulf countries like SA, UAE and Qatar, that conduct literal slavery (of foreigners nevertheless)? China, Russia, Cuba... plenty of westerners visit these countries. What's your take on this?
>>
>>1193182
>any other ones? What about the Wahabi and Arabic gulf countries like SA, UAE and Qatar
yep, all of those are bad (arguably worse than Iran) and I wouldn't visit them

>China, Cuba
I'm not so sure on these ones myself. If you really wanna go, I suppose it's alright to go there since communism is on the decline in both of those countries and they're becoming more westernized. Actually, yeah, they're alright. More tourists going there might even encourage them to become more open and westernize.

>Russia
I see nothing wrong with Russia other than the journalists thing, and that's not too bad. They don't really kill people or send them to gulags anymore over there.
>>
>>1193186
In that case I respect your decision, because you show that you aren't double sided. With that said I am well aware of the moral wrongdoings with my travels to certain countries, I am actually even planning a trip to NK soon and I'm not going to justify it in any way. I just feel that if you are going to live a typical Western kind of life then your money is going to be used for terrible things no matter what, but there's not so much an individual person can do about that. People will travel to dictatorship countries and help their economies no matter what and a single person like myself won't make that much difference.

What bothers me are double sided who claim to be moral only when it suits them, while spending their vacation in dictatorship countries and using energy like there is no tomorrow.
>>
>>1193179
Yep because not accepting the retard dogma that every country the west hates = evil makes me sympathetic to muslims. Stop being a dense fucktard where everything is black and white.

They say "death to america" because we installed the Shah, who turned Iran from being very secular to being a religious shithole in the very first place. America literally turned Iran into an islamic republic. The shah was a cunt and all about fundamental islam (just like the saudis are) but he allowed the west to loot his country so we didnt mind. Eventually other religious leaders gained power in the country and usurped him in the islamic revolution, which basically btfo the western corporations and the political puppet they installed. We didnt like this one bit, so we've been anal about it ever since, trying to ferment dissent, giving Saddam in Iraq chemical weapons so he could invade Iran, etc. They have very good fucking reason to not be happy about the American government - imagine if muslims flew some 737 boeings into the twin towers how we'd feel about islam. Oh wait.

Death to Israel is justified too. They have been fucking up the middle east since they first became a country. One word: Palestine. Both sides have their faults of course. More specific to Iran though, Israel has been actively sabotaging Iranian infrastructure, assassinating civilians, and being an overall cunt to Israel. How is Iran threatening Israel? By threatening to defend themselves?

Btw Iran is very moderate, perhaps the most moderate Islamic country in the world. They are tolerant of other religions, infact they have one one of the largest jewish populations in the world outside of Israel and the US - but your propaganda says they hate jews so i guess facts dont matter.

If you think the US and Israel have great governments youre just fucking delusional. How many millions have died from US imperialism? Im not a fucktard leftist scum - I just dont like this twoface bullshit youre pulling.
>>
>>1193191

**been an overall cunt to Iran.

Again Iran is far from perfect. But they are literally one of the least aggressive major countries on the planet. When have they started a war in the last 100 years? The people there dont hate americans or israelis or westerners - they hate our governments (or regimes as you prefer to say) because they have been huge cunts towards Iran and the rest of the world. Again, tell me: how many MILLIONS of innocent lives have been taken at the hands of the american government? Just so our corporations could get more turf, so our military industrial complex can make more money, just to keep other countries from threatening USA's #1 spot in world power that its held undisputed since the end of world war 2.

>pic related, Iranian "aggression"
>>
>>1193192
fugg forgot pic
>>
let a third party interject here

>>1193191
You are wrong on some bits. Shah was secular. Not religious. Certainly not fundamentalist. Iran isnt 'mild', thats a word used to describe sauce. Iran is Shia Islam.

Other guy, you are also wrong. Their (USA+west) 'wrong decisions' are hundreds of thousands of thousands of civillian deaths, men, women and children. Under PROVEN FALSE pretences they have ruined more than 1 country.

Israel-Palestine conflict is difficult to explain in a few sentences... a lot of religious specifics go into this, leave them to sort it.

Friendly reminder that the WW1 Allies (Sykes-Picot agreement) and USA destabilizng Iraq and Syria directly influenced the creation and rise of ISIS. Backroom deals like these are what really pushes people into extremism.
>>
Don't travel to places that impose the death penalty for being gay as they see fit. Remember they recently released prisoners who were American iranian. I love the part where everyone says they are so friendly. Then the Islamic republic comes ruining your vacation
>>
>>1193198

Thanks for the corrections. Bit mixed up on my pre-revolution Iranian leadership.. I do know that US and british foreign policy basically formed Iran into the country it is today through their actions.

>>1193239
IIRC thats not exactly true. They do not tolerate gays in Iran, but instead the government will fund them to have a sex change operation. If they refuse and continue to be gay then yeah im pretty sure they are fucked. Id say thats quite progressive as far as islamic countries go although I dont agree with it.

Worth mentioning, because saying they have a death penalty and nothing more implies they will be stoned and/or beheaded no matter what if they are found out to be gay, like Arabia.
>>
>>1193186
If you want to put your money where your mouth is, you would also tell everyone not to visit Israel, after all they are an oppressive regime and your tourist dollars support them.

Now fuck off back to /pol/ before your mom catches you on a site that's 18+.
>>
>>1193179
>thinking Iran has a "Death to America day" and "Death to Israel day"
>implying the Shah wasn't just as bad or even worse than the theocracy
Are you capable of critical thinking?

>>1193239
>death penalty for being gay
That's not Iran.
The last time homosexuals were executed was several years ago and because they raped and murdered a boy.
>>
>>1193089
Border control and visa processes can be bad in any country, but in the USA it's consistently dehumanizing.
Like I went to Sweden once and had the whole bus unpacked and searched, they looked into our underwear in our bags and made fun of some of the foods we had, etc. But that was just one occasion, and every other time they were just like hi, glance at passport, bye.
Or eg. China asks even about parents and employer contact info on some of their visa application forms, but once you have the visa, there is no more hastle, they just smile at you at the border. Or the 10 fingerprints at the Cambodian border...? Why?
USA on the other hand combines all the shitty behaviour of every visa and entry process, and applies them consistently.
Like I still remember my mom's panic when I first reacted to a US entry form. I started laughing really hard, pointing at the question where they ask if you are Nazi and whether you took part in mass genocide during the Holocaust. And I was like "mom, mom, don't they know when that was and when we were born? is this a serious question? would anyone say yes? do they really expect to answer?" etc, she was like "ssshhhh, just act like as if they were normal".
Also at immigration at the US border they always try to make you snap. I mean I don't care, but when they insult my granny... Whatever. And then at security they're just the most sexist scum. I though Islamic countries would be worse, but not even close. On my last visit to the US I'll surely ask for the manager of whichever security agent that is making comments on my ass and asks for my number.

I'm happy I didn't end up going to Iran a few years back, wouldn't want the extra hassle in the US because of it. Hope they get more friendly again soon, cause I only heard good things re Iran.
>>
>>1193179
>travelling to Islam

Kys you analphabetic troglodyte.
>>
One big perk about traveling to Iran would be that Farsi is piss-easy to learn. Not only is it Indo-European, but its structure has been much simplified by centuries of a melting pot of cultures trying to learn it. There's even a decent number of cognates with English so you have a starter vocabulary.
>>
I'm a britbong, how much would a guide cost for like, 2 weeks of travel?

also, are all guides government approved stooges or can I get someone whose more moderate?
>>
>>1193239
I'm not gay so this isn't a problem
>>
>>1193336

(You)
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (143KB, 900x350px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
143KB, 900x350px
to all who've been to Iran- were you subjected to any kind of search at the border?

the reason I'm asking is that I have two passports, one of which has a big-ass Israeli visa in it (yes, an actual fucking visa). The other one is fine and I could use it to enter Iran. The trouble is, I would need the first passport to come back to my country. Since I don't have to show it on Iranian border this seems like a no-brainer - unless they actually search my possessions and find that second passport. Then I'm fucked. How likely is that?
>>
>>1193434
Is it much trouble to travel to a third country in between, where you can leave your unsafe passport and pick it back up after?
>>
>>1193434
I was asked to open my backpack. I did as told, but the guy barely looked at it. He didn't even bend over to take a closer look at anything and he kept his hands in his pockets. After two seconds I could continue.
>>
>>1193436
yeah, it's definitely quite a lot of trouble finding some passport "storage" in-between

I mean, if the risk is considerable then I can have my passport replaced beforehand. But it still has like 7 years of validity so it's kind of a waste. I'm just trying to evaluate that risk
>>
>>1192398
>>1192632
Tell me about Iran, anons. I want to go there next year and I'm really curious.

Are there some things, foods and locations you would recommend?

Do you have some first hand information? 1Something I won't be able to find on the internet or some travel guides?!
>>
>>1193434
Very perfunctorily. I arrived overland though, maybe they're a bit stricter at the airports.
>>
File: cyrusthegreat.jpg (494KB, 1600x1060px) Image search: [Google]
cyrusthegreat.jpg
494KB, 1600x1060px
>>1193434
The asked to see what was inside my backpack and to turn on my camera, just to see if the battery was charged.

>>1193446
I made a classic trip Tehran - Isfahan - Shiraz (& Persepolis + Parsagades) - Mashhad - Tehran. I know that the norther side, along the Caspian Sea is nice so it depends on your mood, the season and what you want to see.

The cheapest way to go from city to city are buses. I took a night VIP bus (air conditionner + water or meal) for 10€ twice, to reach Isfahan and then Shiraz. It took around 7 hour each time.

I recommend you the Asia hotel in Tehran, it's pretty cheap (around 20€ per night) for a room with one bed, lunch included. The hotel is run by a father and his son and they were both welcoming and helpful.

I went there alone (I'm a male btw, though I have met foreign women vwho seemed to be visiting the country all by themselves). I didn't plan that much beside my first hotel in Tehran, I just wanted to wander around while using the two guide books I bought to give me ideas. I met a few people that way. Also, I already knew someone living in Iran beforehand.

When it comes to cuisine, there are a lot of different stew called "khoresh", my favourite bein khoresh fesenjan but it depends on your taste. They do very nice "gaz" which is their local nougat and I also recommend sohan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaz_(candy)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sohan_(confectionery)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khoresh

Do you have any plan so far, what would you like to know ?
>>
>>1193153
>you're still supporting an evil regime with your money

Please don't tell me you are from the USA, because that would make your sentence the most ironic one ever heard
>>
>>1192375
Flying will make it super difficult to ever get into the United States, However you should also understand that traveling by bus, moped, car ect might get you car bombed. I suggest you fly into Turkey, and ride a moped into Iran. You should be able to bribe all the boarder guards you come across. I wouldn't get anything put on a visa. If you learn the language, and memorize specific sentences such as "I have no Visa because I wouldn't be able to get into America" whilst presenting $20 in your hand to them I'm sure they'll understand and let you ride on. I highly doubt anyone would even consider you a threat and will offer you food and drink. I've only heard great things about travel their.
>>
>>1193902
This is a troll post. Do not take anything he said serious, except for the last sentence.
>>
>tfw no persian gf
>>
>>1194060
This feel is unbearable.
>>
File: must not laugh.jpg (28KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
must not laugh.jpg
28KB, 500x360px
>>1193902
>I suggest you fly into Turkey, and ride a moped into Iran. You should be able to bribe all the boarder guards you come across.
Laughed so hard the cat woke up and almost bolted.
>>
Is Iran safe for an Asian couple to visit? I've always wanted to visit the bazaars in Tehran and eat some amazing food. We're American citizens, are we fucked if we have records of going to Iran?
>>
>>1194239
Yes.
Probably not.
>>
>83 replies
> no talk about whether or not you can get laid easily in Iran

Wow trv, I'm impressed! :^)
>>
>>1194060
>tfw Mazanderani gf
The UK is shit, but sometimes it can be pretty great, guys.
>>
>>1193111
these all either show the results garnered selectively, examine a subsection of Muslims already predisposed towards reactionary views, or aren't dissimilar to the views you'd find amongst other religious groups in certain countries.

8/10 if this was bait though.
>>
>>1193191
this poster actually appears to be a non-retard, especially compared to that raging /pol/tard, even if his glasses being used to look at Iran are a bit rose-tinted. Shia death squads aren't much nicer than Sunni ones I hear.
>>
>>1192375
that's some bullshit iranian people are super nice i just came back from there u just need a visa
>>
>>1195625
England, Canada, USA do need guides.
>>
Persian girls are hot af
>>
>>1195626
No, only USA
t. Brit who travelled independently in Iran
>>
>>1197493
When was that? They added England and Canada last year when the u.s passed the visa exclusion legislation as retaliation.
>>
>>1197524
It was 2013. Seems you are correct, sorry.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.