[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>1190777 There's something called the Cloud -- I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

>>1190777
There's something called the Cloud -- I don't understand it, but maybe you can research it.

Not being totally snarky, I really don't know anything about uploading to cloud storage, I carry my laptop when I travel.
>>
File: 20161018_131251.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_131251.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>shoot only using phone
>32GB internal
>4mb per picture, could go lower honestly
>don't take as much as you'd think as of late
>settings have it whenever it's charging and on wifi to upload pictures to Google Photos

If you're storing on camera, why not just buy a huge-ass 128 MicroSD/HC/whatever memory card?
There's no need to lug a laptop just for photos. There's probably easy ways to directly transfer them to a portable HDD/SSD.
>>
>>1190789
There is some advantage to having them stored remotely, in case robbers and shit.
>>
>>1190777
Get a USB stick.
>>
>>1190777
Depends on the scale of the problem, though I mostly take a light laptop. Multiple memory cards is first choice. Huge ones just put you at the mercy of losing more if a card fails. Data transfer to the cloud for any significant number of reasonable sized pictures doesn't work for time or cost or both. A no laptop compromise is some cards and an external physically small USB drive (SSD nowadays), then transfer either in an Internet Cafe or Hotel business centre. I have never found the dedicated storage gadgets to be worth the price and weight.
>>
in general -- nothing. i just wait till i get home to download the pics to my computer.
others who travel with me just bring extra memory cards in case they run out.

last time, though... i hate everything google, but god knows how happy i was to realize i forgot to turn off the autosynch on my new android phone. bought a honor 8 (the camera is no joke), went for a few weeks to south east asia, on the way home the phone got stolen at cdg. at least i had all the pics on google photos, apparently it synched every time i was on wifi till the last moment.
>>
File: 159352.jpg (79KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
159352.jpg
79KB, 500x375px
>>1190777
My most recent trip I had to buy three extra memory cards. It got pretty annoying, but what was I going to do, not take photos..? fug that.

Either way I was more concerned with editing all that shit in Lightroom afterwards.

Pic not related.
>>
Am I the only one who doesn't take pictures?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.