[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: how to find cheap flight tickets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: plane.png (13KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
plane.png
13KB, 306x306px
I'm trying to travel to Paris from Ottawa, and im having troubles finding cheap one way flight tickets...

I'm planning to leave end of Jan/early Feb, my dates are flexible. What is a good online site to find cheap tickets that wont fucking cost you 850$ one way? Thanks in advance.
>>
Well, personally I just use Kayak.com
But hmm... the prices might have been better a month or 2 ago. If the prices are too high for you right now, you can wait for last minute deals, which usually are 3-5 days before departure day
>>
Momondo is showing between 5 and 6 hundred US round-trip.
>>
>>1190022

Canadian airlines love giving you the cock, I've been contemplating just going to a US airport as departure location
>>
>>1190023
It shows Airfrance as well. They give you free unlimited booze.
We've got opposite problems; I'm flying Canadian/United to Istanbul; they're routing me from Boston through fuckin' Toronto.
>>
Cheapoair
Statravel (if under 26)
Expedia (cheapest mainstream one)
Skyscanner (never had success personally but other people have)

For international:
>Check norwegian air and icelandic air, they're usually very cheap

For domestic U.S.:
>Google "american budget airlines"

CHECK BOTH ONE WAY AND ROUND TRIP TICKETS! Contrary to logic, often times round trip tickets are either just as cheap or cheaper than one way.
>>
>>1190023
people do this all the time in Vancouver. 20$ bus to seatac airport to avoid gay canada prices. This country is such shit.
>>
Find some major hubs with cheap flights and make your own connections. You could even add a few days and get a side trip out of it.
>>
File: 1481464837865.jpg (70KB, 959x786px) Image search: [Google]
1481464837865.jpg
70KB, 959x786px
Im this guy again >>1190975

I was curious so I did about 5 minutes ot searching.

Through regular searching the cheapest I could find was about 650. Then I used the method I just told you.

A flight to Toronto was about $70-120 depending on the day, but you could probably get one for 70something on the dates you were looking at.

Then I checked flights out of Toronto and found pic related. I do this all the time because I have a lot of free time and just travel to whatever is cheap. You would be surprised how much you can save by just making your own routes.

This one is January 15th but I didnt know your exact dates so thats what I went with. Your total itinerary would come out at about 300 dollars. That wasnt the cheapest either, but the rest were farther off dates.
>>
ITA Matrix
Same system the travel agents access.
>>
http://www.dohop.com/blog/giveaways/dohop-christmas-calendar-giveaway/?lucky=35487
>>
>>1190019
Try flying to/from different city. You can easily go to Paris from almost every European city for less then 30 dollars
>>
Fly out of Montreal (there are rideshares on Craigslist for MTL-OTT for $15-$20). Some flights cost as low as $250.
>>
Anyone else use google flights?
>>
Try matrix, found great flights with it
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/
>>
>>1193287
>>1192342
These guys know what's up
>>
>>1190191
Best post
>>
>>1190978
btw, WOW Air doesn't include baggage prices in the standard price, just a tip

I always liked Air Transat for Canadian flights
>>
>>1190019
Using Skiplagged and Busbud:
Costs $85 to get to NYC. https://www.busbud.com/en/bus-schedules-results/f244m6/dr5reg?outbound_date=2017-01-30&adults=1
Costs $136 to get to Paris from NYC: https://skiplagged.com/flights/NYC/PAR/2017-01-30#

Total of <$300. It'd take some time getting there, but you save $400 and get a 7-hour layover (long enough to look around) in Copenhagen.
>>
>>1190776
Yeah, Canada is shit because of flight prices, you should move to the US where we pay medical expenses out of pocket until broke and children shoot each other with guns, it's the fucking promised land bro
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.