[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever been to the Smoky Mountains? Was it worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Smoky Mountains.jpg (3MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Smoky Mountains.jpg
3MB, 3888x2592px
Have you ever been to the Smoky Mountains? Was it worth it?

Is it safe to go in winter?
>>
nice scenery, unless you're into nature might be a bit boring

what do you mean by safe?
road conditions? locals?
>>
>>1189951
Road conditions and weather, mostly.
>>
Been to Gatlinberg many times before. Cool little tourist town, was a great place to go as a kid.

Mountains are neat as well, although a large chunk of the Smokies/ Gatlinberg did just get burnt to a crisp by wildfires.
>>
>>1189936
I hear that place is hot. Really on fire right now.
>>
>>1189967
Yeah. Some back roads and stuff might be closed.

>>1190053
Compared to the whole of the Smokies, the parts that burned are pretty small.
>>
>>1190113
Feels, I just enlisted but that's home, man. I've been there so much, it was eerie seeing a picture of the same mountains I hiked through on fire.

>>1189936
OP, if I were you I'd start at Springer Mountain in Georgia, the start of the Appalachian Trail, and spend 3 or 4 days hiking to Blood Mountain, the highest point on the Georgia section of the trail. From there decide if you want to go finish the trail to NC, it goes all the way up to Maine. Not Smoky Mountains exactly but right close by and more iconic imho
>>
Can I drive the Blue Ridge Parkway in early January? I'll be in a Uhaul
>>
>>1190053
I live 20 minutes from Gatlinburg, minimal damage, everythings open again
>>
I live in the smokies so AMA (I'm going to sleep, will answer in the morning) I'm in Tennessee too, right by Gatlinburg

The weather right now is 47 degrees farenheit. It'll be between 30-50 degrees probably the rest of the winter, you're unlikely to see snow. The only ski resort near by pretty much makes their own snow all year round because of this.

The best way to describe this area in the winter is "It's the same as summer, it's just fucking cold and less bright"

Someone was water skiing in my lake today. You'll have more trouble in the Appalachians than you will here
>>
>>1191325
Ever been to Pigeon Forge?
>>
>>1191325
this >>1191307
>>
>>1191307
Parts of it will be closed for winter. These are the parts worth seeing. No sense in taking the mule train when the best bits are closed and you have to detour. Just get where you are going and do the Parkway another time.
>>
>>1191510
Yea that's about 45 minutes from my house

>>1191594
yea
>>
>>1191620
Ok awesome. I'm driving from florida to pittsburgh. Any thing I should stop and see?
>>
>>1191325
What's the best city in Tennessee?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.