[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you guys gone travelling with no money? Is it possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0243.jpg (102KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0243.jpg
102KB, 600x391px
Have any of you guys gone travelling with no money? Is it possible to find cash in hand jobs quickly? I would love to hear stories and travelling tips.
>>
File: image.png (164KB, 566x677px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
164KB, 566x677px
Bumping because I'm a 19 yr old student with no money who wants to travel
>>
/trv/ is a slow board. One bump per 24 hours is enough.
>>
>there will never be new episodes of Farscape ever again

>you will never vicariously travel to Nigel's home planet on board of a Leviathan
>>
>Is it possible to find cash in hand jobs quickly?

probably, but you can certainly make more with blow jobs
>>
>>1189760
Sorry, I could never hate myself that much.
>>
Work seasonal hospitality/tourism jobs. Get paid to travel.
>>
>>1189738

better learn how to sell your ass/pussy or beg on the streets
>>
>>1189738

I did in unintentionally, as I went with a couple of thousand and I was owed 10 grand that the person skipped out on. It was very hard as when you are low on money it makes every move desperate.

But, if you research it out before hand with like stays at temples and stuff its probably ok. I noted like in Hawaii where there was a veg commune on craigslist for example or maybe a thai buddist temple, etc.

A word of caution, as a lot of "free" resources are not there any more. For example in the run of the mill temples in Thailand in the 60's and 70's you could stay for free, but now I think they MIGHT give you a meal and send you on your way, the welcome having been worn-out from all the druggie hippie hordes
>>
>>1189750

Why not try to catch on with a cruise line or work at an airline? I don't know where you are from, but I ran across a uk gal that did a religous education program and then hooked on with helping poor street people around the world with board and stipen
>>
>>1189917

As young as you are, be prepared for exploitation. You'll run into working all day for an agree price and when time comes to get paid, either you get stiffed or shorted. They'll claim you "didn't work hard enough" complain? call the police? you're working illegally, they'll deport you.

Also when you get desperate enough, you'll fall into some Nigerian scheme, like I did, although I managed to escape, before the "locked up abroad" smuggling took place.
>>
>>1189919

I googled "travel as a missionary" it had a lot of links to traveling the world ar low cost or free.
>>
>>1189738
refugee git out
>>
>>1189738
Takes money to make money, so it wasn't no money, but it was small. Didn't have a lot left after the plane ticket and lodging. But I bought perfume, Levis, even douches, that were cheap in the USA and sold them at a profit.
>>
>>1189750
teach english or wwoof
>>
>>1189750
get a job
>>
>>1190015
A rapefugee wouldn't want to work though
>>
>>1189917
You can still do the Temple thing in Myanmar. People are very welcoming and not used to tourists.
>>
>>1190159
Do you get paid for WOOFFFing? I thought it was a volunteer
>>
>>1190496

And some hari krishna temples will feed you and some might put you up for a while.
>>
>>1189750

You can teach kindergarden without a degree. There is an organization called safea thats always looking for teachers.

Craigslist thailand and china has links to teacher jobs
>>
>>1189738
Travelling through Asia all you need is a beard and a decent enough suit. You'll get hired to pretend to be American and European businessmen, artists, DJs ect.

You just have to turn up, speak in English, using buzzwords, dress the part and very quickly leave town.
>>
>>1190890
This. If you at most "best jobs for foreigners" lists for Thailand you will consistently see actor/model. Well this is most of that acting and modeling
>>
>>1190797
No, you don't get paid while WWOOFing usually.

Also, be sure to really, really talk with the hosts for a while before you go so you can gauge what kind of people they are.
I went into a farm without much research, and at first they seemed like decent people but then I broke my rib at work one day and the doctors told me not to work for a little bit- the owners booted me off the farm after 4 days of not working. I'd been there for 3 months, and had never missed a work day before then.

Now obviously, I'm sure it was a matter of they simply couldn't afford to keep me there. But it was a bit jarring to wake up at 7am to one of the owners at the door of my shed telling me to pack up and leave. I was just lucky I had a friend's place to crash at for my last 10 days in the country before I went home, because otherwise I'd have had nowhere to go.
>>
>>1190890
This actually sounds like a really good idea, but how easy is it to meet people who are looking for somebody to do that type of stuff? And why is it important to quickly leave town?
>>
>>1191154
>>1190890
Indeed, sounds like a great idea. No beard though, but told I'm handsome...
Also - same questions as other anon
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.