[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christmastime in London with qt3.14 for a week. Staying in Kensington.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: _50509103_-9.jpg (20KB, 466x260px) Image search: [Google]
_50509103_-9.jpg
20KB, 466x260px
Christmastime in London with qt3.14 for a week. Staying in Kensington. Got good seats to the Royal Ballet. Got the free larger museums covered (will probably do just two or three as they seem to be massive and concentrated). What more to do?
>>
Tell Pakis and Polskis to fuck off
>>
>>1189260
Thank you for your insight!
>>
-Go ice skating outside the Natural history museum
- If you're near south ken go to The Queen's Arms pub near imperial college, there's nothing special about but it's cozy and worth getting a quiet drink at.
- Notting Hill is ok
- Walk around the areas of Southbank, Temple Gardens, Holland park, Hyde park, regent's park.
- Go to the BFI and/or see something interesting at the Curzon Cinema.
- There's a really nice ice cream place inside the covent garden thing.
-Take a stroll through Canary Wharf.

There's nothing too special about what I've just listed but I'm a bit of a snob and do all of the above myself far too regularly. But the sights and atmospheres all bode well for chill romantic xmas times.
>>
>>1189853
Thanks a lot. The pub you named is most helpful, looks really cozy and finding a place where to eat and where it doesn't seem like the whole place is lying to you feels like a slight problem in the center of London.
I'll also mark Southbank and Temple Gardens as places I heard about first here.
>>
>>1190303
-There's a great pizza place called franco manca next to christie's in south ken.
-The royal albert hall does a nice brunch with jazz on sundays (bit more expensive and requires tickets) but I strongly recomend.
-Definitely have tea and things inside the V&A, don't forget to peep the library before the lady in the uniform tells you to buzz off.
-Maybe a final night thing but there's a great restaurant near holland park/high street ken called Il portico which might be pricey but honnestly it's the chillest italian restaurant i've been to (here)

Most places in central london are chains and have no soul, it's hard finding the chill places if you're a tourist....

again, there's nothing too special about the above, I just do them regularly and they all have really nice atmospheres and people
>>
>>1189230
go to kew gardens therse genuinely nowherte else like it in the world
>>
>>1190313
I remember a fine-diner I know who lives in London mentioning Franco Manca as a place where to go to once you're tired of radioactive greaseball pizzas. Thank you for reminding that.
V&A café, will keep in mind.
Thank you once more!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.