[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never been out of the USA. How would it be possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1475347390447.jpg (636KB, 1500x827px) Image search: [Google]
1475347390447.jpg
636KB, 1500x827px
I've never been out of the USA. How would it be possible to live abround without much money? I work in the restaurant industry here.
>>
>>1188953
OP here. Was thinking of an English speaking country in EU.
>>
>>1188953
You thinking about moving, or just going someplace for some visiting?

Also, you may want to give us some specifics about where you are looking to go -- different places come with different expense levels.
>>
>>1188953

You aren't going to live abroad anywhere as a legal resident unless you have money for investment or the educational qualifications necessary to find gainful employment. If all you have is some restaurant experience or a bachelors with two years in the work force, you will not be able to emigrate anywhere in the EU.

That'd be like the United States offering visas to Pakistanis for the sole purpose of driving taxis. Developed countries do not need a foreigner coming in to take jobs when they have plenty of locals who can do the same.

Also

>an English speaking country in the EU
>implying there are several

No offense, m8, but I think you need to do some research before posting here again.
>>
>>1188954
And understand about bumping here -- we are not as slow as we were when the sticky was written -- but still we're pretty slow. You don't need to bump within a day
>>
>English-speaking
So the UK & Ireland.

>Cheap
No

Clearly depends on your lifestyle and duration of stay.

There is nothing to worry about, it's safe to assume that a very reasonable portion of Europe has a decent grasp of English. Even in Cyrillic-based countries signs will be dual-script.

Jump in, senpai.
>>
>>1188958
Though, English is spoken as the dominant second language in much of the EU.
>>
OP here. I was just thinking about bouncing around a few countries once a year or so. Just was thinking it would be nice to gain some culture.
>>
>>1188965

That's like calling France an Arabic-speaking country because the Moroccan dialect is the second- or third-most spoken language in the country.

>>1188968

How do you plan to do that without any transferable skills, educational qualifications, or, by your own admission, money?
>>
>>1188968
Cool. Pick a spot, and start looking at what airfare and lodging and such will cost. Maybe look at a couple of spots.

As you start to get a feel for a place that interests you, what your budget might look like, what you want to see/do there, come back to us for help filling in blanks, refining ideas, and the like. We are not really likely to do your basic google work for you, you'll have t get yourself started.

Read the sticky, it talks about some places you can start looking at airfare and such.

Good luck to you -- travel is not for everybody, I guess, but it sure has been good to a lot of folks here!
>>
How likely or hard would it be for an american with 6 years experience in IT, and a Bachelors in Cyber Security to find a job in Europe.?

Is it actually enough qualifications, its easy enough here to find a job, but i want something different and to live somewhere different. So i would rather do that than join the military as an officer, make dick for dollars, but get to be elsewhere.
>>
>>1188979
Most employers won't bother hiring non-EU people because it's a bureaucratic pain in the ass. Your best bet is to work for a multinational back home and try to get a transfer from inside the company. Or marry a EU citizen.
>>
>>1188953
The cheapest English speaking country nearest to you is Belize.
>>
>>1188979
You can get a Hungarian residence permit for 150k, and with that you can live anywhere in the Schengen area.
>>
>>1189007
Good info, plenty of multinational companies in my town i can check out. Problem is all the CS work is pretty much here, ill talk to them and see though.

Not opposed to marrying someone from europe, but cultural barriers are issues. But deffentily seems the easiest method.

>>1189079
Thats an awesome suggestion, thanks.
>>
>>1188958
Not true

>>1188953
OP Australia has working holiday visas
You can come work as a fruit picker for 12 months
>>
>>1189145
Cultural issues won't probably be huge between an American and European if you get married, depending on the country of course.
>>
>>1189293

>OP says he wants to go to Europe
>tell him there's no solid legal way for him to emigrate
>not true, come to Australia bro
>>
>>1188953
Fucking kek dat pic

If aliums don't exist, how did they make everything?
>>
>>1188953
It depends on your skill level & connections in the industry but it is possible. You need to be a bit more realistic though. You aren't likely to be able to pop from country to county working in restaurants here & there. Its also not really viable if your goal is go work in restaurants to allow your to pay for & spend time in other countries & more about going to other countries so you can work in their restaurants.

It much easier for, say, an Englishman to go work at restaurants in France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, etc than it is for an American to do so. Find a country or countries that you want to go to and check their visa requirements. Almost all of the time you have to have a job lined up & a lot of the time you have to apply in your home country so its not really so easy to move from one country to another and then another. There are a lot of great cuisines in Europe, figure out which one you are most interested in, & then try to get a job in that country. You will have plenty to learn there as regions within individual countries are sufficiently diverse that you could spend years in a single country and still not be proficient in all of its regional cuisines.

If you are not passionate about the FS industry and don't plan on making it a career then don't bother. Without a lot of passion and drive in the field you probably wont get on anywhere. In these kinds of situations its move about moving for work and experience in the field than it is about moving to explore another country and just using FS work to pay your way. Its not like in the US where you can just go from state to state and make your way working in diners and chains because of the requirements and difficulty of getting work visas.

That said it is 100% possible. I'm a ACF certified CdC and I spent a fair amount of time working in France in a few different restaurants. It was a wonderful experience and I learned a lot but I didn't really do a whole lot of traveling while I was there.
>>
>>1189079

How about pretending you are an arab refugee?
>>
>>1189943
How about pretending you're not an underaged edgy /pol/tard?
>>
>>1188970
France is an Arabic speaking caliphate though
>>
>>1190071
How about not being gay, think you can handle that champ?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.