[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your essential travel accessories? I just got a power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: BONJJaPCQAEUIS3.jpg (68KB, 769x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BONJJaPCQAEUIS3.jpg
68KB, 769x1024px
What are your essential travel accessories?

I just got a power bank because many people on here have suggested having one in order to charge electronics, so more tips would be nice.
>>
>>1188493
condoms
>>
an unlocked gsm cell phone
>>
Need more info on where youre going, how long, etc.

Having a power adapter + plug adapters is mandatory, powerbank was a lifesaver for me so def a good choice there. Always pack a towel, trust me. Flip flops are highly recomended but i didnt have them for majority of my trip since i lost mine. Honestly i cant think of anything else that is essential..

I did enjoy having a cheap ~$10 bluetooth speaker with me. Playing music off my phone while biking around amsterdam or hiking in ireland with other travelers l just met made me the fucking man for having it, everyone likes sharing music.

Keep a roll of toliet paper in your daypack. You never know when you might need it. Luckily i never took a shit where i needed it but i did use it to blow my nose and clean my ears with all the time. I had a bird shit on my face and chest iin a park also one day which fucking sucked but luckily i had the TP so i was able to have a buddy clean me up, i would have had to walk like a mile to the hostel covered in it if i didnt have it.

A lighter is always good to have, also serves as a bottle opener if its a bic and you know how to use it. A regular bottle opener was great to have as well.

Forgot to nab a travel spork and REALLY regretted not having it. Id have myself a little picnic somedays with food from a grocery store and not having any eating utensils somewhat limits your options.

DEFINITELY bring a lock for your bag, and an extra just in case. I also brought a little cable lock (like one for bikes but more like a wire than a cable) which i used when a hostel didnt have good lockers - bag locked shut and locked down to a piece of sturdy furniture meant my bag wouldnt be stolen, at least not before someone elses since mine wasnt the low hanging fruit of the bunch.

Bring a good book, but one you are willing to leave behind. Once you read it youll want another and fuck carrying a book you read already.
>>
>>1188503

Contd

Meds like tylenol, cold medication, motion sickness pills, heartburn pills etc etc all came in handy, i had a pillbottle with a mix of a bunch of shit and it went a loooong way.

Head/earphones, obviously.

Extra hairties if you have long hair, i had mine last the whole 3 months i traveled but having extra was good for when a chick asked me for one. Also would have blown cock if i couldnt keep my hair up.

Pair of gym shorts/comfy wear for when your just slumming at the hostel.

A hammock if you are going to be in nature alot. It was seriously fucking sick to throw up a hammock in the middle of an insanely pristine and awesome national park and just chill. Hella compliments on this one, also nice if you have one that is twin sized to share with a female friend. Make sure your ropes/ties are tree safe (flat rather than round so they dont scar the bark with the weight of your fat ass).

A big plastic bag for dirty laundry/wet clothes. Not like garbage bag big but bigger than the generic little one youd get at walmart or w/e. Very good for keeping you travel pack organized and not smelling like ass.

Dont bother with a travel sheet at least not in europe. Did not use it a single time in the 3 months i was there despite reading it was a must have. Simply took up space. A travel pillow would also be a waste of space although i didnt bring one in the first place so idk.

Travel buzzer/razor. Got one for less than $20 on amazon, get one that has the "disks" rather than a foil one so you dont have to shave constantly and can go a week or two and still have it work.

A drug rug (baja hoodie). Hella comfy, warm when it needs to be and breezy when it doesnt. Doesnt ever really stink and generally doesnt get wet easily.

Speaking of which, a travel umbrella. You WILL want this, trust me.

A little pair of scissors + tweezers so you can trim your nose hair and pluck that unibrow that starts filling in, im no faggy metro man but yeah little shit like that helps.
>>
>>1188493
Going to western Russia in December for two weeks. Any suggestions as to what I should take in general?
>>
Might be a bit out of place here but if you would you be able to bring a small pocket knife or multi tool with you on a plane, either in a carry on or stored
>>
>>1188530
definitely not carry on. Maybe stowed/checked, but depends on country. Even if forbidden in the country you will likely get away with it stowed/checked
>>
>>1188530

Not worth the hassle. Many of the EU countries dont let you carry a knife at all so itd be pointless to have.
>>
>>1188541
>>1188537
>>1188511
Definitely don't take a knife you wouldn't be willing to lose

that said knives, and multi-tools like Gerbers, Leatherman, and Swiss, are just good tools. People act like the only purpose of a knife is to fuck people up
>>
>>1188541
Probably should have clarified, I dont mean a knife for self defense. Just a small folding knife or one part of a multi-tool to use as a tool
>>
>>1188503
>Need more info on where youre going, how long, etc.
I'm not going anywhere anytime soon but random ideas/suggestions are always nice
>>
>>1188567

The reason i asked is because going to thailand will have different suggestions than going to ukraine.

I dont think i can offer anymore item suggestions that are for general travel - everything else is basically geared towards weather/enviroment.

Also should give a shoutout to google earth. Didnt use a simcard at all in europe, i just used wifi which was easy to find. Google maps lets you download a region in advance so you can use the map without an internet connection. It will still work for directions and give you GPS too without any use of data which is some fuckery i dont understand but it works so who cares. For example i drove around the UK for over a week and just downloaded the entire damn country in a bunch of chunks and had free driving GPS to navigate around.

The one downside is that you need room on your phone to store the map info. My phone is 64gb so i never had to worry but people i met had zero room on their phones so they couldnt use this method.
>>
>>1188493
a qt
>>
File: miscjuly (5).jpg (839KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
miscjuly (5).jpg
839KB, 1200x1600px
>>1188493
A lock is very important to lock your things away if you are staying at a shady hostel in Vietnam
>>
>>1188493
i'm like 90% sure ive fapped to that girl before
>>
>>1188613
She is Kim Dotcom's (ex?) wife
>>
>>1188493
chapstick
pen/sharpie
earplugs
earbuds
gum
dental floss/toothpaste/toothbrush
phone charger
packing cubes
ziploc bags
nail clipper
>>
File: image.jpg (250KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250KB, 700x700px
>>1188493
80l backpack with Canadian flag so I'd never lose it at the airport, a fedora to keep my game and a 6s with a crooked screen
>>
>>1188635
>packing cubes
Are they really worth it?
>>
>>1188635

+1 on a sharpie. Tons of times i wanted to leave my mark in fucked up bathroom stalls or random walls that were already fucked from other people and couldnt because i didnt have a sharpie. No "/trv/ was here" stalls for anyone :(

Packing cubes are preference. I liked them, I used one for pants, one for shirts, and another for socks/underwear/bathing suit. Keeps everything neat and organized and relatively wrinkle free. If you use one of those vacuum bag setups you can store WAY more in less space though but honestly the cubes did me just fine.
>>
>>1188663
not the person who posted, but I personally used packing cubes for the first time and holy heck I think they're worth it. I was backpacking Europe and packing cubes made it easier and faster to pack up esp. when I was going from hostel to hostel. I used 3, one for tops, one for bottoms, one for socks and underwear. I knew exactly where my clothes were when I needed them and my backpack was fuss free. I recommend.
>>
>>1188679
I only use two packing cubes for clothes: one for tops, one for underwear and socks. I have a third one for miscelaneous items, such as a roll of toilet paper, chargers... How many pants do you bring to warrant a packing cube? I only bring two. You only need to wear one pair of pants while you're washing the other one, so why bother carrying more?
>>
>>1188493
Pants

Don't laugh
>>
>What are your essential travel accessories?

Clean clothes;
A locker;
Hygienic products;
Money.
>>
>>1188724
Not that guy, but my last trip I had two pair of jeans, but also 2 pairs of shorts, 2 pair of dress slacks, and swimming trunks.
>>
Clothes, money, id

I think that's my list.

Wait... you said essential.

Ok, my list goes...
Clothes. I have traveled countries, and even taken planes after being robbed of my money and ID. It sucked, but travel remained possible.

But I've never traveled naked.
>>
File: 1341345022434.jpg (43KB, 298x440px) Image search: [Google]
1341345022434.jpg
43KB, 298x440px
>>1189215
great insightful post
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.