[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some times you had your expectations of a trip differ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3781.jpg (243KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3781.jpg
243KB, 768x1024px
What are some times you had your expectations of a trip differ from reality?

>i assumed Russian food would suck, however it actually ended up being quite good.
>>
File: feelsbad.jpg (254KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbad.jpg
254KB, 1920x1200px
>>Thought Japan was going to be magical place with slice-of-life scenery, slutty cute school girl that go "kyaa-kyaa" and like to have sex with any stranger that bump into them, a harem paradise and a place that no problems exist that can't be solved with the power of love and mahou shoujo. Also found out that Japan has no subtitle.
>>
I thought Serbia would be dangerous and that I'd get people being aggressive to me if they found out I was from the UK. Was completely wrong, I had an amazing time and really loved going round Belgrade.
>>
For some stupid reason i had this idea in my head that brussels would be all posh and boring because of it being the HQ for the EU and being a business city.

Hah. People literally squatting and shitting in the middle of the street in BROAD FUCKING DAYLIGHT. Refugees EVERYWHERE. Going out at night was an experience, mobs of street kids everywhere. Place was definitely a slum.

Oh but it was still one of the most boring places i stayed in europe so at least i got that part right.
>>
File: 1477260602150.png (102KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1477260602150.png
102KB, 300x256px
>Thought Rome was going to be this cool historical place with lots of stuff to do
>get to Rome and see trash literally fucking everywhere
>driving around and seeing slums everywhere
>go to coliseum, more trash than asians
>pretty bummed out but atleast i get to try super good Italian food and wine
>get to restaurant and get suggested wine
>taste like ass
>order pizza that isn't cut up and they give me a fucking butter knife
>weird fucking paste in pizza
>trash everywhere
>heard about tourists getting mugged and murdered
>mfw when people say this is a great city
>>
>>1188509

To be completely fair im sure the majority of the trash problems in italy are due to the gypsy scum but yeah cmon now there was garbage EVERYWHERE. Its like they simply gave up on attempting to clean up and just said fuck it.

Still was neato for the history stuff but yeah the garbage problems and aggressive gypsies really kill the vibe. Telling some brown fuck who is hassling me while im sitting and eating dinner at an outside table that i dont want to fall for his gay ass """"free"""" rose scam several times and STILL not having the fucker leave... i literally screamed "I SAID FUCKING NO!!!" at the top of my lungs and gave him the death stare and only then he shuffled off. Fucking everyone gave me strange room and the restaurant owner was less than pleased but maybe dont let your guests get hassled by gyspy subhuman scum if you dont want a scene.

Had some gypsey girl step infront of me with a powty look on her face and held out her hand with a few coins in it, she didnt even feed me a bullshit sob story she just wanted free money for literally doing nothing, didnt even say a word. I held out my hand and said "oh why thank you" while smirking at her and waiting for her to hand me her money. Her eyes went to pure hatred in .1 seconds definitely my top gypsy experience.
>>
>>1188494
>one of the most boring places i stayed in europe
Wholeheartedly agree. Of anywhere I've been it was pretty much the worst because there is jack shit to do, old gypsy women will yell at you on the street and muslim shopkeepers will think you're shoplifting if you don't buy anything.

Only reason I'd consider going again is because I missed the beers the first time around but even then I definitely would keep away from Brussels.
>>
>>1188518
>>1188509
Kek Rome was mine and my wifes first european city to visit.

>arrive at night
>have hotel in the venter of the city, like 3 minutes from the major sites
>super excited
>shower and to to sleep excited to start the next day in a european city!
>go down stairs and leave hotel
>immediately outside our door (this is like 8am) there is a trashcan that looks to have 2 weeks worth of trash in it
>walk another 100m
>see tons of just garbage littering the street
>instantly assumed all yuros were dirty as fuck

I did really enjoy the city though.
>>
>>1188548
i was actually dreading the city until I found a all you can eat sushi placec for 10 euros and it was 4 star sushi quality, it raised my mood so much, i ate there 3 times during my 3 day trip

so not everything is bad, but they could have better sanitation
>>
>expecting to see qt's in china
>over the course of a month I may have seen two 7's nothing higher

Fucking chinese people are animals.
>>
>go to america
>most alcohol is quite expensive
I thought the 60 oz bottles of hard liquor for $20 would apply to everything

>>1188518
>he majority of the trash problems in italy are due to the gypsy scum

no, Italy has long had a trash problem
Mafia affiliates 'collects' garbage and just dump it in another area, they then charge for clean up and do it over again
Trash collectors are unionized and wont get fired if they don't do their job
there's a bit of a broken window effect, you litter when there's garbage everywhere

>>1188455
how much were you paying?
many russians have a pretty bland diet, but the equivalent of a $10 meal in Russia would be $30 in the west (outside moscow)

>>1188814
they had different beauty standards, westerners like the ones with faces that if they wear enough make up they can have the appearance of a white structure, only know with plastic surgery are some rich ones looking like that
>>
>>1188823
I was paying around 25-30 per meal but that was in Moscow and it was me and my wife.
>>
>>1189125
>$25-$30

Forgot that part.
>>
>>1188518
>i literally screamed "I SAID FUCKING NO!!!" at the top of my lungs and gave him the death stare

hhehe typical american tourist
>>
>>1189130
I've never really noticed americans being cunts while abroad. Then again I never travel to places that are frequented by american tourist.
>>
>>1189487
Same. All americans I've met overseas have been polite and borderline afraid of offending anyone.
>>
>>1189130

How is that being a cunt? The fucker would literally not leave me alone. I tell him no, he asks again. I say no, again, still politely. He keeps pushing his fucking roses. I tell him "no thanks man im good" in a more elevated tone - all the while the girl im with is shaking her head no looking down at the table uncomfortably and saying "no thank you" every time he prods his flowers at her.

This brown fuck then decides after about 10 seconds of being told no continously to get so close hes basically leaning on the table while holding his shitty roses over the table. Like nigger im fucking eating gtfo. At this point being polite is clearly not working so i decided to treat the piece of shit like the animal he is. The fucker still lingered for a second staring at me after i screamed at him - as if he was calculating if he should escalate the situation into a confrontation. Considering im the tourist trying to eat his dinner, the restaurant owner is hovering a few feet away, and everyone in the vicinity was now looking over at us, he probably remembered that he is, infact, a scumbag gypsey, and that he would have zero fucking success at starting any shit.

I dont make a scene anywhere i go. I very rarely raise my voice. But this fuck was acting like a stray dog and would not leave me the fuck alone no matter how many times i asked. Sorry, im not going to just let some beggar scumbag fuck continue to ruin my dinner or let him scam me just to make him go away.

If having a fucking spine makes me a cunt then whatever bro.
>>
>>1188455
I assumed Japanese food would be quite good, however it actually sucked.
>>
>>1188455
>American tourists visiting here
>all america fuck yeah and loud fat and arrogant
>visit America
>meet some of the nicest friendliest people I've encountered
>all were willing to take the time outta their day to help
>>
>>1189515
where'd you go in the USA?
>>
>>1189515
Where are you located to have encountered American Tourist like that? I'm going to assume a major European city.
>>
>>1189515
Moral of the story: There are dipshits and great people in just every country. Of course, some more than others.
>>
>>1189806

Not that guy, but Brit here.

Was in Copenhagen last year and went to a restaurant with Lithuanian girlfriend.

Sat down in the area where there are tables for two - mostly Danish / British couples.

There was a big table behind ours with a group of fat American bitches and nu-males. Literally the loudest I've ever heard anyone in a restaurant ever, accompanied by pig-grunting laughter. They were only drinking not eating.

One table stood up and left because of it, but being the passive aggressive Brit that I am I just commented how loud they are hoping they would notice - but they didn't :(
>>
>>1189515
kinda this. local burgers are actually very nice people. It's just that we get loads of chads abroad which give them a terrible image.
>>
File: 1477512556319.jpg (552KB, 2800x1867px) Image search: [Google]
1477512556319.jpg
552KB, 2800x1867px
>>1189510
I, for one, am proud of you.

People should do this more.
>>
>>1188518
Way too late for this, but what you went through is fairly standard. Many non-Italians eventually decide that "if we give this guy 50c, he'll go away", which is what they earn on, more than selling rank roses. It's sad, but that's the way it is. Especially if you don't speak Italian or Dari/Pashto.

>mfw captcha is pizza tan bonita
>>
>>1190290
>tfw this gypsy begger was outside my hotel my whole trip in italy
>one morning I saw him walk up to his begging spot perfectly healthy
>realized he always begged with a cane attempting to make people think he had a disability
>last day in italy I kicked the cane he always propped on and he fell
>kek'd
>>
>>1190537
I've seen a beggar in Paris stand up from his wheelchair and pick up an alcohol bottle from between the seat and the backrest.
I'm never going to trust anyone claiming a disability.
>>
i thought i would instantly fall ill in china due to the food quality issues.
but... i didn't have any problems whatsoever, even though i ate in all sorts of dodgy places as well. (i guess i'll just have to wait till i get cancer 638293 later due to that pollution i experienced there.)
>>
>>1188518

By "trash problems in Italy" do you mean "trash problems in Rome"? Because that is 100% due to the city being a shithole first and foremost, and there are tons of tourists.

>>1189130
doing it wrong. I'm Italian, live in Rome which is by OP's experience I could tell he wasn't hanging in breezy Milano, or enjoying the fresh or of Sud-Tirol.

Italy is a fucked up place in many regards. The best is the gypsies that wait by public parking, whom you have to give 50c to "for protection". What is that 50c you gave the dude protecting you from? Him dragging a key across your car.
>>
>>1190603

No. I mean trash problem in Italy. Everywhere i went there was trash, except for Sorrento which was probably because it was more of a resort town. Rome happened to be among the worst but the entire country was dirty.

Btw how was me making a gypsey leave me the fuck alone "doing it wrong"? It worked, he went away, i wasnt bothered for the rest of my dinner. You didnt explain at all, you just trailed off into how gypseys scam you. Which, btw, is bullshit, because i would have just found a different place to park, or made it clear to the scum he just elected himself to get his fucking ass kicked if anything happened to my car without giving him a penny. Then again renting a car in rome is asking to get raped by insurance fees so idk.

Fuck feeding the wildlife. NEVER give in to their shit. Never allow them to intimidate you or let them believe they have a leg up on you. They are trash. I dont even see them as human beings when they force me to look at them by stepping in my way - I give them dead eyes like im looking at a zombie or some shit. I absolutely refuse to help those who refuse to help themselves - if they starve then good riddance, the planet is better without their shit genes polluting our species anyways. Ive only met one homeless dude (back home in NY surprisingly) who convinced me he was legit down on his luck rather than a product of his own shit life choices - he was also literally the only homeless dude who didnt ask me for a fucking dime because he still was a man with a shred of honor despite everything gone to shit. The ones who deserve help are the ones who refuse to beg for it. That man got 20 minutes of my time and my coffee + donuts i intended for breakfast.

>>1190265
Thanks bro. At least someone understands lol. Its funny because i probably seem like an obnoxious douche but in reality i can count on one hand the amount of times ive raised my voice like that in my entire life. Sometimes you have to lol.
>>
>>1190740
I agree with you as well.

Your story about the man in NY reminds me of a man that went by the name Wolf. Met him while having some drinks on the patio of a restaurant on my 21st birthday. My friends and I were sitting there talking and we noticed him calmly trying to defuse a situation between two idiot drunks on the street. After it was all said and done we invited him over to sit with us and offered him a beer. He politely declined at first but we insisted that if he wanted we'd be happy to have his company. The man had dignity and respect, didn't beg for a thing. Hope he pulled himself out of that.
>>
>>1190551
>i'm never going to trust anyone claiming a disability
yeah, that sounds like a reasonable and logical follow-up to this incident you edgy fuck
by the way i never give money to anyone, but at least i am not a self admitted piece of shit like you :~)
>>
>>1190923
Perhaps then it's time to admit it before yourself
>>
>>1188494
I've lived in Bxl for 6 months for studies.
It was boring, too much black people, muzz are litteraly everywhere and that's comming from a frenchman. I don't get the trash policy it's fucking stupid people put their shitty bags in the street and you have 3 different days for 3 different types of shit.
Poeple are pretty kewl but it's really boring to stay there and the weather is shit.
It's like american cities, the center is bullshit and all rich people live outside in fancy houses.
GG no RE
Come to Lyon, France guys it's pretty comfy and nice kewl yes bb
>>
>>1190923
I never give money but i'm okay to pay 5euros to pay a meal to some hobo or wut.

NEVER
EVER
GIVE
MONEY
TO THE DIRT POOR
>>
>>1188494
I was going to post this. Absolute shithole.

To be fair, I was only staying over one night near the Eurotunnel. Not a great sign when your hotel has a airlock-style entrance where the reception has to look at you on the security cam then buzz you through.
>>
Morocco. I thought it would be an exotic place with people drinking tea, camels and shit.

But no. The same moroccan people that are in the Netherlands (where im from): shitty tracksuits, socks in slippers, hissing and hurling insults at me and my gf, everyone trying to scam you. Only when we actually got to know some people they didnt try to scam us.
>>
>>1188478

fpbp. This is like a reverse Paris syndrome for weeaboos.

>>1188518

I heard all the stories about people hating Paris due to all the immigrants, dog shit, Asian tourists and of course the rude, arrogant locals. (I'm from US, many beleive le surrender monkey meme)

As it turned out, I had positive experiences with Parisians, other tourists and yes, even the black/muslim immigrants. The only people I did NOT have good experiences with were the gypsies, who I saw either scamming or begging at all times. One of them even grabbed me by the arm when I refused to donate to their bullshit "charity", I just brushed her off and pretended I was unable to understand her in French (or English for that matter) then gtfo'd. I think you just have to go blind, deaf and dumb to these people because as soon as you say anything to them it's like feeding the troll.
>>
>>1191148

Ignoring is the best way to go. Dont even acknowledge their existance. They cannot be treated as a person or they will not give up. Ive had a gypsey step infront of me trying to force me to walk into him - did not even look at him. Just side stepped him and kept walking like he was a ghost and i couldnt see him.

If ignoring doesnt work though, you make a scene. Blow the FUCK up on them. The last thing they want is attention because everyone knows that a gypsey is the one in the wrong no matter the scenario. They are like roaches - they want to fuck around and stay in the shadows.

I really dont understand how or why they are tolerated.
>>
>>1190740
edgiest idiot I've seen on /trv/
>>
Does Russia have Gypsies?
>>
>>1191192
I'm not going to argue about whether he's an idiot or not, but he's definitely right that gypsies do not count as human beings.
>>
I'm from Scotland (Edinburgh) and was so naive when I started travelling, outside of resort style family holidays, of how aggressive beggars and gipsies can be. This is how begging happens in Scotland, 99% of the time:

'Spare change please?'
'Sorry man I don't have any'
'Ok, have a good day'

I shit you not. They use politeness to make you feel guilty of course, but still far better than I have experienced in other countries. Even though we are occasionally getting groups of arabs running around trying to fight people. I got started on outside of a pub in the city centre, but are literally cowards when you fight back.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.