[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much do I need to travel around the world? If I save up £10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1478367797487s.jpg (7KB, 250x205px) Image search: [Google]
1478367797487s.jpg
7KB, 250x205px
How much do I need to travel around the world?
If I save up £10 000, is that enough to live around the world for at least a year? I just turned 18. Before I start wage cuckery, I want to travel the world and get some life experience. I don't want memery either, I'd work on farms and shit but the £10 000 would just for me to get there and if I ever run into trouble and want to get out I'd be able to afford a ticket home. I have 2 years of college paid for but Idk if I should go. I don't really want to go because there's no point. I'm currently studying to be a mechanic for the next 6 months. Then after that I plan to leave after summer 2017.

I plan to do Wwoof (volenteer on a farm in some country, and in exchange for work you get shelter and food.). I'd blog about it so that when I return I'd have something on my CV so it would be easier to get a minimum wage job.

I'm gonna learn app development, web development, game development in my own time so I freelance and get some passive income.

How doable is it?
>>
10,000 quid for one year? It's doable with a little budgeting and a lot of wwoofing. I don't think you'd even need to work unless you want a buffer for when you return home.
Say you visit 12 countries in 12 months, average price of a one-way ticket these days is ~£300-£400, that leaves you around £500/month to live on. Easy enough in countries like Thailand and Morocco, but an obstacle for countries like NZ and Aus which won't allow you in unless you can prove you have enough to stay off the streets.
>>
you can get work visas in canada, australia, new zealand

you're a lot better off getting actual jobs in these countries than just woofing, traveling between countries costs money, and to get work visas you have to show proof of funds that you can go back instead of get deported

if you get a tefl you can get accommodation by volunteering at a language school in some countries

I really doubt you'll be able to monetize any sort of computer skill you don't have yet in the next 18 months

don't need to do it all at once, could go to canada for six months, than at a later time go to Australia
>>
>>1188417
I could wwoof all around the world couldn't I? I'd live below my means so all I would need is tickets. I'd need a laptop also and internet to keep my skills in shape.
>>
>>1188410
Nice OP, do it. I'd look into Getting a tefl qualification then you can work in the majority of Asian counties and have accommodation, whilst earning a little cash. Woofing doesn't pay, ok - it's a bed and board but you will still have some outgoings, if you can get casual work or tefl work then you will be better off. There will be some places you can't work so you will need to rely on that cash you stacked or cash you earned whilst out there , where ever out there may be.

Best of luck old boy.
>>
>>1188436
>tefl qualification
Why are things like WWoof and workaway bad?>>1188420

Thing is I have no qualifications other than GCSEs. I'm gonna learn how to fix cars and motorbikes, but what worries me is having no valuable skills. How the fuck do I get these skills?
>>
>>1188443
there's a couple billion people doing farm labour for effectively free, you're not bringing any value with you when you do that in the majority of the world, you just end up spending money going from farm to farm

who said anything about skills? Restaurants need someone to wash dishes on saturday night, if you're more socially capable you could be a bartender or waiter

you can go work on an actual farm in australia or new zealand and get paid, not just sleep on a cot and have no money to go into town
>>
>>1188450
That makes sense. Just seems pretty hard to get a work visa.
>>
>>1188443
I reckon you can do a tefl with GCSE's it may require A levels tho. You'd need to look it up. It would be worth it as it would make you employable it lots of different places.

As commented above, woofing doesn't pay. It's that simple, no money coming in. But earning cash be it on a farm or in any sector is better, even if you hate it it's only for a short time whilst you're there and you will know it's funding the next leg of your trip.

A mechanic qualification will be a massive bonus but without the qualification, you're just some guy who tinkers with engines.
>>
>>1188472
I have 2 more years available in college after I gt my level 1 qualification in motorcycle maintenance. I'm stuck on whether to join the US marines first, or do it after I get A levels. Or learn another vocational skill through the college. On the side I'm going to learn Java to make apps and html+css+jquery+javascript to build websites. Then programming for games for fun.

The internet makes it seem like qualifications are a meme because of so many complaining they can't get a job with one. Are they really that important? I'm deffo going in the US military and save up cash to travel with. I just want to be financially independent whatever it takes.
>>
>>1188474
What nationality are you?

Qualifications are not the be all and end all but my thinking is if your are in a foreign job market it's a tangible/recognised statement of your skills. Otherwise it's just you claiming you can fix moter bikes. See what I'm getting at?
>>
>>1188480
Yea i get you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.