[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I've decided to save up some money then quit my job and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161129_210208.jpg (3MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161129_210208.jpg
3MB, 2976x2976px
so I've decided to save up some money then quit my job and live in my car until I'm down to my last $1000. I'm tired of living like I have been. waking up day after day to go to work and coming home tired and unmotivated. I want to find something that makes life worth living, get out of my comfort zone, meet people, and I don't know what else. what would you guys do if you had time off from work? travel, I'm assuming. where to? what else?
>>
Have you considered looking for a job that you don't hate?
>>
>>1187047
How much money do you have saved up? This isnt a terribly smart idea but its your decision to make, not ours. There are plenty of places you could live very comfortably for a fraction of what youre used to. You could stretch out that money just as far in much of southeast asia with a comfortable place to stay as you could living in your car stateside, assuming youre American.
>>
>>1187048
Donate Plasma and volunteer for clinical drug studies at Quintiles.

Make bank and chill for the rest of your life playing vidya and traveling. The experiments are not as scary as they sound, just make sure you ask questions first. They are required to tell you everything by law, but that doesn't mean they volunteer the information if it isn't requested. This is how I paid for my private pilot's license.
>>
>>1187048
I don't hate my job, it's pretty mellow. my hours are as short or long as I want them to be and I am mostly doing my own thing all day. just unfulfilling, I guess.
>>
>>1187051
only have about $4000 saved up now. it's a work in progress. I don't see why it's a bad idea? I can just get another job when my money runs out. a foreign country scares me. I can't speak the language and don't know anyone in the whole country. but that also sounds interesting and possibly what I'm looking for
>>
Where do you live right now and how old are you?
>>
>>1187079
live in the USA. Maryland. 21. 9 months left on my lease
>>
>>1187075
A lot of Americans only speak one language, and even the ones who are quite proficient in foreign languages can have no way of speaking the language in every country they visit. Are you single? If you are I advise you to get over your fear of foreign countries. I rented a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment in Thailand for less than 300 USD a month while I was working there for 5 months. Food was stupid cheap and picking up girls was absurdly easy because Im not autistic. Obviously without a work visa you will have to leave after a set period of time but the whole region in SEA is stupid cheap. Mostly even moreso than Thailand. I had a lot of free time and got to travel within the country and took Muy Thai lessons for the experience. Im not sure if I actually learned much but it was a great time. I did so much more in the short time I was there and still saved money. I didnt speak a single word of Thai when I arrived and in my time there I only learned the normal please/thank you etc.
>>
I'm planning on doing something similar , OP. After I save up some more money I want to quite my job to dedicate a year to some hobbies and to travel.
I'm not unhappy with my current situation, though. So I'll be glad to plug back into the system afterwards.
>>
I'm 18 and I'm planning to Wwoof around the world next november. I haven't a job but I'm gonna learn app development and save up all the money I accumulate to £10 000.

Can you free lance in other countries? Do you have to get a work visa for that? I'd put my money in a US bank account (us citizen) so I don't get taxed twice by UK and USA. But I'm wondering how paying things in a foreign country would work. Is it better to transfer all the money to a foreign bank account or just transfer a set amount each month, or just take the money out of the us bank account and transfer it to foreign currency when and as I need it?
>>
>>1187047

Get a tesl cert/ed visa:

http://siamtechnologyinternational.com/ba-tesol.html
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.