[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /trv/ have an "essential places to visit" chart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 5.jpg (233KB, 1400x870px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
233KB, 1400x870px
Does /trv/ have an "essential places to visit" chart or something similar?
>>
Just decide for yourself, dude. Where do you live?
>>
>>1186620

istanbul
>>
>>1186620
How long is a bit of string?

The world is an almighty big place as is your mind with its wants and needs.
No infograph could honestly cover one let one both.

The best thing about travel is discovery, not just doing what others recommended.
So tell us first what places you've been to that have really touched or changed you and why, and maybe we'all know something similar
>>
>>1186620
There could be a lot of stuff depending on where you're from but actually there is just one destination I would call must see and do it while you can
That would be Cuba.
Not just la Habana but all the other places Vinales, Trinidad, Santiago... That place is like time travel and I don't expect it to last very long before it turns into another US lad tour destination or Haiti 2.0.
>>
Essential: USA, Canada, Western Europe, New Zealand

Not worth visiting: Africa, Middle East, Asia, Australia, Eastern Europe
>>
>>1187839
/pol/: the post
>>
File: cuba.jpg (69KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
cuba.jpg
69KB, 960x720px
I guess it depends on what you like to do when travelling but for certain >>1187832 is about right, i went to cuba just after the US embassy re-opened and the locals i spoke to all seem open to cultural change
>>
>>1187832
>>1187914
Just don't go right now, wait a month or two

They have a ban on alcohol sales and any kind of celebration so people can't celebrate Castro's death
>>
>>1188785
It was only a 9-day mourning period that ended on Sunday after Fidel was buried in Santiago.
It's already back to normal.
>>
File: pepe-2.jpg (4KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-2.jpg
4KB, 168x168px
>>1187839
>Not worth visiting: Eastern Europe
>>
>>1187839
What places in the USA are essential?
>>
>>1187839
Africa is mind blowing

Anyway you're a total fucktard with dogshit for opinions
>>
>>1189891
the buffet line at an all you can eat restaurant on Sunday
>>
i've been craving black women lately

where can i travel to exclusively fuck nigresses?
>>
>>1190435
Kenya.
>>
>>1190438

why kenya?

how about haiti or jamaica?
>>
>>1190441
Because the girls there love white guys and it's an easy enough destination?
>>
>>1190450

it's africa/aids/mosquitos though
>>
>>1187839
Real Traveler TM
>>
>>1189927

Indeed.

Just came back from a trip in Namibia and was one my best trips so far.

[Better than Spain]
>>
These lists are always super subjective. One person goes to Mexico City and has an incredible time, another goes and gets robbed and vows not to come back.

This is why travel is wonderful, we get to go to these places all over the world and find the things we like. It's also wonderful to meet all these people from so many different backgrounds that are into different things. So if you're into nature or partying or scuba diving or into food, the destinations you will enjoy might be different from the ones I enjoy.
>>
>>1187832

Really? Because I aske last year what's worth doing in Cuba, and no one had any answers other than "dance, buy cigars, and see Havana"

It seems pretty shit tier of a country for tourists, apart from like package beach resort vacations. There's fucking nothing to do.
>>
>>1190450
Are STDs an issue? Will I be targeted for going after them?
>>
>>1192519
STI's are an issue everywhere tourists go.
>>
>>1187839
fucking retard
>>
>>1192519
I do not advise going after STDs.
>>
>>1190441
Neither are great. Dominican Republic is good too though. Dunno if it's Nairobi-tier because you'd have some competition for the top girls from other white travelers, but they sure do love white guys in DR.
>>
My personal list:

>all 50 states before anything else (I'm an Ameriboo)
>Armenia (muh heritage)
>maybe New Zealand
>maybe South Africa
>maybe Rome and Barcelona again (nostalgic memories)

that's it, not interested in anything else at all desu
>>
>>1192488
>These lists are always super subjective. One person goes to Mexico City and has an incredible time, another goes and gets robbed and vows not to come back.
I went to Mexico every other weekend for about 10 years of my life. Nearly every single time I brought friends or family with me, there was at least one of them that couldn't get past the disgusting smells in the air, smog in the oxygen to breathe, or was too horrified at a few glances at abject poverty. I would imagine people who love India would encounter much worse with their delicate less worldly experienced "I love travel" friends and family too. I know a lot of people who hate Cuba to death, and for no pro or anti political reasons, but a simple bad food experience, or seeing a prostitute on the beach. There's nothing under the surface for a lot of people, you see. They are simply not built of the same joys with life that you are, with regards to culture, history, and _all_ of the facets of travel.

I've a ton of really stupid lists, and my conclusion is more about bias, I'm afraid. I believe there are editor and publishers who are certainly friends with hoteliers, travel companies, airline execs, restaurateurs, and well, they're in the same circles. There will be coincidences like JetBlue or Allegiant just now starting flights to that city that has that unheralded boutique hotel in the middle of nowhere significant right around the time of publishing. A lot of lists are just publishing deadlines and regular old space on a webpage to fill with new content. If you read craigslist gigs, for writing jobs, you'd see that anyone will buy any story left and right, and being in the top 10% contributors of tripadvisor can happen in as few as 5 reviews you've written. I know that's when I hit my mark, ROFL.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.