[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/, I've got a lot of vacation saved up (enough for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Hey /trv/, I've got a lot of vacation saved up (enough for a 20 day trip), and I've got a buddy staying in Valencia, Spain who I'd like to visit around late April. That being said, I've always wanted to go to Morocco and/or Algeria, and thought it might be cool to visit Casablanca or Algiers for a couple of days. A couple of problems are, I'm Black, and I speak only basic French, and no Arabic, plus I've never been to Africa. Am I going to be in way over my head? Is it really that dangerous in the major cities? Are people there really as racist as I'm hearing?
>>
Also, forgot to mention I'm American. Dunno if that would make things better/worse.
>>
File: SAM_3521.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_3521.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
There's little if any racism in Morocco, at least relating to skin color. I suppose nowadays there's a danger people will assume you're a sub-Saharan immigrant trying to beg enough money to bribe your way to Spain, but if you're not wearing a Real Madrid t-shirt and speaking creole, people will be able to tell you're a tourist pretty quick.
Algiers isn't any more dangerous than your average European city. In Casa there's a severe danger of boredom but not much else.

As for the languages, basic French is all you need; even with only English you'd be fine in Morocco at least. If you learn any Spanish you'll find yourself using that too.
>>
>>1186432
Hey thanks, I've got a pretty good grasp of Spanish, so hopefully that comes in handy. And Casablanca was the closest point of reference for me, but Marrakech looks pretty cool, but a bit far, but I'll try to make it there. Any places besides Algiers I should go in Algeria?
>>
>>1186438
I don't think you should go to Marrakech. Re: Casablanca I only meant there's nothing there for tourists.
Try Rabat; it's right next door and lots of fun, and Meknes, my other favorite, isn't so far away.

I haven't actually been to Algiers, just repeating what I've read on Thorntree.
I'm not sure if as an American you'll be able to get the Algerian tourist visa outside of America. Look into that.
>>
Forget Casablanca, it's seedy and nasty. I was propositioned there by a nasty faggot woth fake crocadile shoes and attacked by a mad women in a burka who told me that she wanted to have my babies. I'm 63 but feisty and still trucking.

Marakech is the jewel in the crown. For sheer insanity nothing beats an evening in the Square.

Fez is creepy and claustrophobic and everyone tries to bully into going to the tannery. I didn't go. I fought the Islamic preponderance to make the kuffar sumit from all the way. Tetuan is full of rednecks who don't speak French or Spanish. I got stalked there. Don't know what for, theft or maybe he was queer. I confroted him and he slunk off like a beaten cur.
Wear khakis and a pit hat and efeect a colonial accent and the fellahin will grovel ar your feet and compete to do your bidding.
>>
>>1186426
OP, I have nothing to add about your itinerary, but to minimize your american-ness when you go. Get some euro-brand sneakers like pumas and do not wear white socks. It's the shoes that always give you away when you want to blend in ;) You're probably more likely to get anti-american sentiment than anything about your race.

You might enjoy a movie called "Hideous Kinky" to get you inspired for your Marrakech trip. It's a true story of Sigmund Freunds daughters' 1960s period there, and really it captured a time and place that was authentic in history there. That dreamy period that the beatnik writers still idolize, people like Anthony Bourdain. Stunning cinematography of the countryside!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.