[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll leave for Budapest in 15 hours. I'll be there,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 148000904874.jpg (606KB, 2100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
148000904874.jpg
606KB, 2100x1400px
I'll leave for Budapest in 15 hours.

I'll be there, virtually alone, for four days. I've never travelled on my own.
What do I do in Budapest for four days? I don't want to be a tourist, I hate the herds mindlessly jumping from place to place and I abhor the idea of becoming one of them.
I already got my hands on the LonelyPlanet guide and on a smartphone (without a SIM card), where I downloaded the maps and Tripadvisor.

What can I do, beside strolling?
Is there anything I should know? Parts of the town to avoid at night? Common scams?
Do they speak English, there?
>>
>>1186363
>I don't want to be a tourist, I hate the herds mindlessly jumping from place to place and I abhor the idea of becoming one of them.
autism
>>
>What can I do, beside strolling?
enjoy the great nightlife and get drunk. food is also cheap and great.
>Is there anything I should know? Parts of the town to avoid at night? Common scams?
Just as safe as any other european city.
From my experience the central area is totally safe. Havent been to the outskirts that much but I don't see a reason to go there anyway. I've heard stories about the taxis being run by the mafia and people getting ripped off or robbed in them.

The party hostel scene there is amazing if you're into that. It is a "touristy" way to visit the city but imo the best and easiest way to meet people. I had one of the best nights there last summer.
>>
I was there about 2 months ago.

Check out the ruin pubs. Specifically I would recommend Szimpla Kert.

Go at night, around 8, 830 PM. You will have a very unique experience! Don't be afraid to chat up people, it is kind of like a apocalypse bar with people from all over the world. Totally cool place (pic related, you can find your own corner just like that to have a beer)

Also Palinka burns. But you should try it.

Also Hungary is known for its wine. You should try it.
>>
>>1186396
What are party hostels?
I tried to Google it but I didn't understand.
>>
>>1186414
.... serious autism?
>>
>>1186363
Hamburger place next to the wombat hostel or whatever yellow colored hostel it is, is fucking great if you are into inexpensive gourmet hamburgers.

Ruin bars are okay.

If you go to bath house the waterpark area is around back. No one working the front speaks english, and you might end up going diwnstairs to where the old ppl are by accident.

Make the walk up to the statue the view is worth it.

If youre there on a weekend the main park near the chain bridge and hostels is pretty nice, and tons of friendly people.
>>
Gül baba türbe to avoid the tourist hordes yet get a good view.

It's also glühwein (forralt bor) season.

Eat as much as you can, market halls are great for that.

What else... If you have any problems, ask for help. Sometimes locals help without asking, but sometimes they don't, just to save face for the person who may or may not be in the need of help. If you do ask for help explicitly, they you'll get help.
>>
It's worth a half day to go to the szechenyi bath, bring a bathing suit. Make sure to go to all the spas/saunas there
>>
>>1186363
You will be a tourist because you are a tourist

You won't be a heard because you're just you.

Chill and have fun
>>
Take the chairlift and children's rail road!
>>
>>1186363
Avoid Józsefváros (District 8) at night, otherwise Budapest is pretty safe.

I only know of one scam:
In Váci utca girls walk up to you asking you to buy them a drink. They lead you to a certain bar. After the drink the waiter will have an alternative menu ready, with impossile prices and you will have pay.

>>1186733
This
Look for Zugligeti Libegő (chairlift) on the maps, from there walk up to Erzsébet-kilátó viewpoint. If the weather is nice you will have the greatest panoramic view that Hungary offers.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.