[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, Does anyone know of some sort of forum or service

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (49KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
49KB, 512x288px
Hey guys,

Does anyone know of some sort of forum or service in which people can swap currencies?

For example someone coming to my home country could trade their currency with mine, in person on their arrival, for the exact exchange rate.

I am specifically looking for cash swapping AUD <->JPY
>>
>for the exact exchange rate
Why would you do that? I get that you could pay some dude a little more than banks and such and save some money in exchange by avoiding the financial system but that's illegal and also not what you asked.
>>
>>1186359
The Money Network?

I kind of understand why you're asking; banks and vendors exchange with a fee attached......Ideally if you could find someone who needs the country you have, and you need his country a Fee-free exchange could take place for an equal agreed upon amount.

Few probs though: what if one person doesn't send the right amounts and cheats you some bills, or what if counterfeiting enters the equation.

To be honest even at my levels of poverty such risk has never been woth it, but if exchange fees keep rising a p2p system might be worth creating given you can establish it as legit.

Off topic but simmilar question:
Do flight #s change? For example would the PanAm 202 flight ALWAYS be NYC to LA leaving at 8:00am stopping in Chicago.

I ask because if zi wanted to book one way to LA and just hop off in Chicago it might be cheaper than going directly to Chicago. A user contributed website with this jnfo could help me, assuming one exists.
>>
Im interested. I have money from all over. Euro, CAD, Thai, Jordan Dinar, UAE Dinar, Iraq, turkey... way to many places.

The problem is it all totals like 400$USD. I have seen some people use Ebay or craigslist and it can be a good way but that incurs paypal fees and stuff, so if you find a good place or way to do it i would be interested.

Really didnt want to go drop in in Bank of America since im sure they take a steep cut for being small amounts of more obscure money not to mention they dont take Iraqi dinar...
>>
File: Scruffy_2_9337.jpg (88KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Scruffy_2_9337.jpg
88KB, 720x540px
>>1186370
>Im interested. I have money from all over. Euro, CAD, Thai, Jordan Dinar, UAE Dinar, Iraq, turkey... way to many places.
>The problem is it all totals like 400$USD

Second. It's just in a box in case I ever go back, instead of being in my bank where I can use it.
>>
>>1186359
>>for the exact exchange rate
>but that's illegal

Why is it illegal? Also if it is, in what country?
>>
>>1186359

>Few probs though: what if one person doesn't send the right amounts and cheats you some bills, or what if counterfeiting enters the equation.

I was thinking along the lines of someone says "Hey. Coming to Australia, looking to get 1000 aud". Then on their arrival we meet at like a coffee shop and exchange. But i can see how it can become close to being a scam quickly if the wrong people get involved
>Off topic but simmilar question: Do flight #s change? For example would the PanAm 202 flight ALWAYS be NYC to LA leaving at 8:00am stopping in Chicago.

I actually work for an airline so it is suprising relevant. The airline I work for has certain allocations of numbers for certain flights. So for example flights 400-429 are allocated for Sydney - gold coast with all odd numbers being gold coast to Sydney and all even the other way.
However, although rare, i have seen it occasional changes.

But in saying that. Even the biggest airline in Australia, wouldn't even come close to the average US airline in terms of scheduling
>>
>>1186410
Are you a pilot or steward or flight engineer (do they still exist?)

As someone who travels frequently this idea would be pretty badass.

Maybe I'll create a site to do this if indeed legal.

Usually though I'd just go on a shopping spree last day of the trip and get souvenirs for family.
>>
>>1186409
It is illegal in my country (((Mexico))) because certain activities are exclusive to what we call "the financial system" (savings, retirement plans, insurance, money exchange and such that only banks and insurance companies are authorized to do due to industry's regulation).

I'm sorry, it may not be illegal in other countries, I just thought it was because it makes sense since people can use that scheme for money laundering and tax evasion. It can be done easily and is a common practice here, some bank employees do it when they need cheap dollars to go shopping in the US.
>>
>>1186424
Nah i work on the ground

I thought about trying to set something up but it seems like a lot of reading through many countries legislation. And honestly I am just too lazy.
>>
>>1186429

Nah all good don't apologize.
I can see the criminal side of it and how it would appeal to them. Surely there is a way to police such a service?

I was thinking maybe only allow it in smaller funds? Like no more than $10,000 usd per trade. Which is the customs limit of most countries anyway

For my personal example, i was looking to trade around 3000 AUD
>>
>>1186440
Like I mentioned, if you know a bank employee/cashier of your trust you can ask him to do it. You give him the Australian dollars and tell him to use it to buy whatever currency you want whenever someone comes to the bank to sell in order to buy at the buying rate.

That's the safest way to do it IMO, but maybe the guy won't take the risk unless he gets a cut.
>>
>>1186359
1: Donate random cash leftovers from your travels to charity.
2: Get "that warm feeling."
3: Exchanging is now their problem.
4: Take tax write-off at official exchange rate. (Make sure to screen-shot the rate for your records.)
5: ?????
6: PROFFIT!
>>
>>1186479
That is actually a good fucking idea... i will have to see whether my small amount of cash is worth the deduction thou... which i highly doubt
>>
>>1186370
And I felt bad about 8 Swiss Francs. They're all coins, so I can't exchange them. Anyone in Belgium soon who wants to go to Switzerland after?
>>
>>1186440
Wtf bro, why do you have so much in cash anyway

Drogas?
>>
yeah, it's called a fucking bank
>>
>>1187011

A lot of banks/money changers won't change small bills/coins
>>
I live in Korea but get paid in USD. As a result I exchange money every payday, and sometimes the actual currency exchanges will buy dollars at a rate higher than the actual exchange rate. It all depends on what the current rate is and if they can turn it into a profit later. Exact rate exchange isnt always the best deal.
>>
>>1187011

Are you fucking retarded? The whole point of this was to avoid fees.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.