[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had 20k in your pocket and could move anywhere, what country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1480132165530.jpg (398KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480132165530.jpg
398KB, 1600x1000px
If you had 20k in your pocket and could move anywhere, what country would you go to?

I'm thinking of going Japan or S Korea. The struggle I'm having is trying to think of a job i could get. I could get my TESL but I don't have college experience.

Would lack of college really fuck me over that hard? Should i just stay in US and cut my loses?
>>
>>1185591
I have $120k in my bank pocket and I just moved to Australia. Goal is to work here for a year or two, save up as much as possible, and then go to Asia to spend those savings.

Really easy to get jobs here. I found a job only a few days after landing here. There are many cases of people getting restaurant industry jobs within 2 days of looking. I have an admin job so you can see just how easy it is to get one, back in Canada any admin job takes ages to process.
>>
>>1185591
You need a 4 year degree to work in Japan. I think it's the same in South Korea, at least for public schools. Hogwons might be different.
>>
>>1185645
Hagwon**
>>
>>1185645
There is nothing else i can do? Not even private tutoring?
>>
>>1185591
>Should i just stay in US and cut my loses?
20k would buy you a state tuition somewhere, community college vocational certificate, or get a 4 year degree, 2 community college +2 university.
20k should really be your emergency savings. I wouldn't move to another country at all unless I had 100k to play with, and getting a work permit when you have no trade? Bad move.
>>
>>1185610
>Really easy to get jobs here

Lmao fucking no. You either got extremely lucky or you have some damn good qualifications.
>>
>>1185672

without a degree you won't qualify for anything but a three month tourist degree which means leaving the country for three days and the flight cost plus lodging starts eating away your nest egg.

If you have your heart set on going, arranging employ first would be the way to go. I mean going to either without being fluent in their language what job are you hoping to get? Prostitute, con-man, theif? Craigslist has jobs with just HS degree to teach (pre-school) in China or Thailand. Also, lot of those places if you don't have a degree they will let you teach illegally and when you go collect your money at the end of the year they will call the immigration to say you are illegal and you get arrested.
>>
>>1185728

However, if you wanted to get away, cambodia might be an option as you can rent an apartment for cheap (~200 usd) a month, and then its easy to get a longer visa after your initial one runs out. But again, a career is a struggle.

You could go to a university and qualify for an ed visa.
>>
So is there any non asian countries that would allow me to live and teach without a degree but just a certificate? I'm really just looking for a change to my life. US is shady at best and expensive.
>>
>>1185730

Also browse craigslist. I know in LA craigslist they are frequently advertising for eng teachers, also go to the specific country cl. But do your research as a lot are scams.

This seems a way to travel to a foreign country, earn a "degree" and tefl cert and then get a job teaching:

http://siamtechnologyinternational.com/ba-tesol.html
>>
>>1185730

Heres an ad for china but on the bangkok craigslist, some for non-degree (pre-school)

http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/edu/5881773631.html
>>
>>1185730

I don't know where you are from, age/sex etc, But a bit of advice, always have a backup plan. For example, lets say you get a job teaching and it turns out a scam etc, do you have any skills to earn money, such as bartending, chef, working at a hotel/hostel these might be skills that can help you gain employment at various different countries.

Also check out usajobs.gov they have positions in korea and japan and other foreign countries
>>
>>1185749
M/23

I have training and work experience in graphic design, factory, and restaurant work. Plus i currently have my liquor license but idk if that helps.

I am quick to pick up any trade and can learn quickly so I'm sure that's a plus.

I am engaged to F/23 with BA in art, and highly skilled in tailoring and is an amazing seamstress. So she is a factor too but i would think tailoring is a universal job and not hard for her to find work. Plus she has 7 years of japanese knowledge and has been there previously.
>>
>>1185758

I'd still check out siamtech link I posted above, its like 100 us a month and you miss could get a job teaching etc, thailand is chill, been 20x and thinking about going back soon.

I spent 3 mo in japan in 2014, safe but boring (mother is japanese), I prefer sea over japan/korea/china/taiwan.
>>
>>1185758

Again, if you can't speak, read and write Japanese how are you going to get a factory job? My Co sent me to their factory and it was to document the process of the manufacturing cycle, there was very few that could interpret for us
>>
>>1185758

Anon, everything you posted -- with regard to Japan -- is meaningless. You're not going to get work in Japan in graphic design, in a factory, at a bar, or in a restaurant. You need a work permit for all of these, and the fact is there's plenty of Japanese people for these jobs -- be smart, ask yourself why a Japanese company would go through the hassle/expense to hire you when there's natives they can hire instead. Your GF won't be able to get a job as a seamstress for exactly the same reasons. Maybe (since she has a degree) she can teach English, but that doesn't help you any. Even if she gets a visa for teaching English and you marry her, you still won't be able to piggyback off her visa. If you really need to leave your home country, take the advice of the other anons ITT -- go to Cambodia, or Thailand, or China for a year or two instead.
>>
>>1185789
Isn't the process for china the same? I would love to live in China. The fiance pressures for japan cause she has been there before. Is teaching in china that much easier?
>>
>>1185793
>Isn't the process for china the same?

No. China is corrupt as fuck and Chinese people constantly cheat on everything. Both you and your fiancee can find work in China. It won't pay as well as in Japan, and Chinese employers will constantly try to scam you, but it's possible. Japan -- unless you both have university degrees and are both content to teach Engrish -- is impossible for you.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.